Somali girl to Somali men: You WILL NOT treat us like how our fathers SO BADLY treated our mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
What do you mean?
When I was probing yesterday to get him to realize the root of the problem, Abubu kept bringing up 'light babies yo' as a motivation for the women dating Ajnabis. I knew that not to be the case.
And she's attributing traits of her father to us :draketf:

I don't have scientific study, but every she described is NOT a widespread issue in the new generation. We're vastly different, both men and women.
Our parents' generation, the ones who fled the war and grew up in a limbo of destruction and loss, are a landmine, particularly the men. And most of them are shitty fathers, who've contributed to the state of Somali families in the West. I know several families who's fathers abandoned their families and stolen money or expect their children to fund their homeland exploits, layabouts in the community, like she described.

Girls are close to their mothers. They take in her experiences like a sponge, even if she doesn't voice them.

Is your dad a qasaro?
#NotAllAabos of course :heh:

Now tell me sxb, was you dad perhaps qasaro?

not all of our fathers are like that.

most of them are loving, caring men who have lived a life of strife, war, and poverty. and they get zero love. maybe some respect but that's about it. they're hardly revered in our society and usually mocked openly by petty, privileged, and snobby somali girls on twitter who have never suffered a day in their lives.

She's obviously speaking from experience sxb or did you want her to preface her comment with a #NotAllDads lol,

I;m not here trying to minimise the struggle our fathers went through for us but I'm not gonna use it as a pass for shitty behaviour either like so many ppl on this forum like to do

mocked openly by petty, privileged, and snobby somali girls on twitter who have never suffered a day in their lives.
That's not fair at all sxb, you don't know what some of these have girls have gone through, Maybe they've had genuinely bad home lives... I understand why they rant on twitter tbh I'd be mad too if ppl were constantly out here minimising my feelings and dismissing me :what:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Somali men coming together to attack a girl who was sharing her and her sisters experiences with men. Y'all love to control everything we do or feel and reacting out of emotion instead of stepping back and listening to what she has to say. If YOUR mother or sister hasn't experienced this doesn't men she's wrong. Y'all dont have to be so defensive. Ive seen this happen plenty of times and I'm sure you have too.
what I got a problem with is her speeaking for everyone talking bout "our fathers". nah sxb, that's your father

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
When I was probing yesterday to get him to realize the root of the problem, Abubu kept bringing up 'light babies yo' as a motivation for the women dating Ajnabis. I knew that not to be the case.

Our parents' generation, the ones who fled the war and grew up in a limbo of destruction and loss, are a landmine, particularly the men. And most of them are shitty fathers, who've contributed to the state of Somali families in the West. I know several families who's fathers abandoned their families and stolen money or expect their children to fund their homeland exploits, layabouts in the community, like she described.

see? that's garbage. what's the proof of that? conjecture and anecdotes don't work for widespread claims. they could be relatively isolated instances.

time to stop trying to create this widespread image that they're all garbage. they do the best they can by and large and their failings are usually the product of suffering most of us know nothing about. i can point to a handful of mothers who have all but let the streets raise their children but that doesn't give me the right to paint every hooyo with the same brush. there are outliers and exceptions.

ptsd is something most in our community are trained to ignore. and the men just don't have support anywhere. or respect or love. they have virtually nothing because men in a community like this are supposed to keep quiet, maintain their sharaf and akhlaq and just keep their mouths shut by and large.
#NotAllAabos of course :heh:

Now tell me sxb, was you dad perhaps qasaro?

She's obviously speaking from experience sxb or did you want her to preface her comment with a #NotAllDads lol,

I;m not here trying to minimise the struggle our fathers went through for us but I'm not gonna use it as a pass for shitty behaviour either like so many ppl on this forum like to do

That's not fair at all sxb, you don't know what some of these have girls have gone through, Maybe they've had genuinely bad home lives... I understand why they rant on twitter tbh I'd be mad too if ppl were constantly out here minimising my feelings and dismissing me :what:

umm yes. when you speak from personal experience speak from your own damn experience. no plurals no generalizations. just talk about yourself. if your dad is trash say my dad is trash. if you have a sample of fathers speak about them in that context "my dad and my friends' fathers are_____". none of this "our" crap. she's clearly trying to typecast all fathers. my condolences if her father was a deadbeat and raised a jaded woman but that ain't my problem.

VixR

Veritas
It's weird how, even as a person who had a good father, I know exactly what she's talking about, but the other half doesn't or somehow pretends not to, but instead personalizes her words. It's interesting.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

also i will minimize their feelings based on pure suffering because THEY'RE minimizing the strife of men who have seen actual bloodshed, war, and chaos. they're not being considerate in the slightest so i'm not quite sure why they deserve that consideration in return.

am i to believe a woman raised in the west has lived a life even remotely mirroring that of our parents? in a few small cases perhaps, but for most of these shit talking children i hardly think that's the case.

It's weird how, even as a person who had a good father, I know exactly what she's talking about, but the other half doesn't or somehow pretends not to, but instead personalizes her words. It's interesting.

no i can understand some of these sentiments. there are problems some of them massive. the lack of decorum is what i can't comprehend. what she is alluding to is almost systematic and widespread neglect on the part of Somali men and she herself is personalizing the endeavour as this new generations stand as if she will face any of this in her life. she more than likely won't and it's haphazard tomfoolery and properly deserves to be called out as such.

there's speaking your mind and then there's making conjectural observations with limited information and the latter is destructive and counterintuitive. it's also immature because this whole "twitter is muh outlet waaaah" thing hardly alleviates the problem

It's easy to make up hypothetical situations to fit your narrative though, without any more information/evidence all we know is that she has daddy issues and that's a fact.

It could very well be that her dad is the problem, but it still doesn't mean she can extend it to everybody.

Y'all don't like the apple meher stuff but somehow okay with calling Somali fathers deadbeats? Cool but dont' pretend you're the rational side.

Lmao I'm sorry but aren't you always out here constantly cracking them cheap halimos jokes? but you're expressing outrage in this post???? take your own advice and reign in the hypocrisy will ya

I like how your hypothetical therorisation of daddy issues is somehow more valid despite freud being a complete fraud lol, your answer isn't anymore of a fact that mine. And again she's clearly speaking from her own experiences so there's no need to act hyper defensive

black

live and let die.

Girls are close to their mothers. They take in her experiences like a sponge, even if she doesn't voice them.

"Somali men are mad at Somali women for deciding that we aren't going to let them treat us like how their fathers treated our mothers"

If that's the case, and I'm not disputing it, when did Somali men treat them like that in our generation? We are not our fathers and they're certainly NOT our mothers.

Fucking hell mate, markaas maxay rabaan? Reparations? :faysalwtf: Get in line after the marginalized bantus and we'll sort this out.

Also AJ sneak edited the other tweets in, but that changes very little.

Zeus

STYLIN
Cadaan women hate men after multiple failed romantic relationships that ended badly. This is at least more understandable.

Somali women hate all somali men because their fathers were trash. Shouldn't your resentment be just towards your father?:ayaanswag:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Cadaan women hate men after multiple failed romantic relationships that ended badly. This is at least more understandable.

Somali women hate all somali men because their fathers were trash. Shouldn't your resentment be just towards your father?:ayaanswag:

i will never understand this. saying somali men are trash and then somehow throwing all of that onto a new generation of men like we need to answer for our fathers.

it's also ironic because if these men from the past generation were "trash" and had abandonment in their MO then why are the new generation of boys being excluded from feeling that resentment too? don't we have the same fathers? aren't some of us susceptible to feeling these emotions? but somehow we're also the enemy in this new tug of war for some shit we have no control over.

nah man time to stop excusing clear selfish and narcissistic tendencies.

see? that's garbage. what's the proof of that? conjecture and anecdotes don't work for widespread claims. they could be relatively isolated instances.

time to stop trying to create this widespread image that they're all garbage. they do the best they can by and large and their failings are usually the product of suffering most of us know nothing about. i can point to a handful of mothers who have all but let the streets raise their children but that doesn't give me the right to paint every hooyo with the same brush. there are outliers and exceptions.

ptsd is something most in our community are trained to ignore. and the men just don't have support anywhere. or respect or love. they have virtually nothing because men in a community like this are supposed to keep quiet, maintain their sharaf and akhlaq and just keep their mouths shut by and large.

umm yes. when you speak from personal experience speak from your own damn experience. no plurals no generalizations. just talk about yourself. if your dad is trash say my dad is trash. if you have a sample of fathers speak about them in that context "my dad and my friends' fathers are_____". none of this "our" crap. she's clearly trying to typecast all fathers. my condolences if her father was a deadbeat and raised a jaded woman but that ain't my problem.
how often do people talk like that on social media? the "men are trash" or "somalis in canada are qasaaro" or "it must be the western diet :comeon:" comments arise for a reason. people generalize because that is the only experience they've had. Instead of taking what she said and reflecting on the state of somali fatherhood in house holds other then YOURS, y'all are victimizing yourselves. how are you #allLivesMatter-ing her experience ? :damnmusic:

Lol I agree, it's so blindly obvious in like every single somali community around the world but apparently she's just making stuff up

also i will minimize their feelings based on pure suffering because THEY'RE minimizing the strife of men who have seen actual bloodshed, war, and chaos. they're not being considerate in the slightest so i'm not quite sure why they deserve that consideration in return.

am i to believe a woman raised in the west has lived a life even remotely mirroring that of our parents? in a few small cases perhaps, but for most of these shit talking children i hardly think that's the case.

Tch this is exactly what I mean, I don't see why I should care for each and every single man out there when the same courtesy isn't extended to the other half. You can acknowledge the strife your parents went through without having it thrown in your face as a reason not to complain every single time

Children often mirror what their parents do so if there was never any form of consideration given to them then their parents shouldn't act surprised when they don't get anything back:camby:

Because it isn't just her father at this point but a sad trope being repeated over and over again, maybe it's inherent in somali culture but it's too prevalent a phenomena to just be a coincidence

VixR

Veritas
"Somali men are mad at Somali women for deciding that we aren't going to let them treat us like how their fathers treated our mothers"

If that's the case, and I'm not disputing it, when did Somali men treat them like that in our generation? We are not our fathers and they're certainly NOT our mothers.

Fucking hell mate, markaas maxay rabaan? Reparations? :faysalwtf: Get in line after the marginalized bantus and we'll sort this out.

A bad parent isn't just a bad parent, they're an example. The son becomes the father. It's not rocket science. The same way the father is a blueprint for the son on what it means to be a man, a mother is a blueprint for a daughter on what it means to be a woman. She's rejecting enduring the treatment her mother endured as an extension of her reality.

And I read this as her rationale for looking beyond Somali men:

Which you do throw up arms about, the looking beyond you part.

The tweet has nearly 400 likes, presumably from other Somali girls. That's the true :faysalwtf:, in a sad way.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe

Sins of the father type logic sxb, doesen't have to make sense. :manny:

black

live and let die.
how often do people talk like that on social media? the "men are trash" or "somalis in canada are qasaaro" or "it must be the western diet :comeon:" comments arise for a reason. people generalize because that is the only experience they've had. Instead of taking what she said and reflecting on the state of somali fatherhood in house holds other then YOURS, y'all are victimizing yourselves. how are you #allLivesMatter-ing her experience ? :damnmusic:

Black lives matter is valid because it targets current suppression of Blacks TODAY. Hell, even reparations makes somewhat sense, but that would imply we're benefiting from the status quo our fathers generated... Which is total nonsense because we've got f*ck all. That's at least somewhat logical and can be argued.

Lol I agree, it's so blindly obvious in like every single somali community around the world but apparently she's just making stuff up

It's like you guys are going this on purpose wallahi

fox-mulder.gif

A bad parent isn't just a bad parent, they're an example. The son becomes the father. It's not rocket science. The same way the father is a blueprint for the son on what it means to be a man, a mother is a blueprint for a daughter on what it means to be a woman. She's rejecting enduring the treatment her mother endured as an extension of her reality.

And I read this as her rationale for looking beyond Somali men:

Which you do throw up arms about.

What do we throw arms up about??? We've had vastly different experience than our fathers, so to say we're a reflection is utter nonsense. In fact, I doubt any generational gap of this size from father to son will occur in the next 100's of years.

Let me straight forward ask you. Do young western Somali men treat Somali women the same way the previous generation did? Because that's entirely what she's implying we intend.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

ngl getting harder and harder to see somali girls as queens, strong and beautiful when it's a consistent game of blaming everyone under the sun for their problems.

if y'all are queens maybe act like it and take some personal responsibility? i dunno. also no one is addressing my second point about lumping the new gen in with this fuckery even though the new gen of men go through exactly the same shit.

VixR

Veritas
ngl getting harder and harder to see somali girls as queens, strong and beautiful when it's a consistent game of blaming everyone under the sun for their problems.

if y'all are queens maybe act like it and take some personal responsibility? i dunno. also no one is addressing my second point about lumping the new gen in with this fuckery even though the new gen of men go through exactly the same shit.
The you're not kwaans anymore threat.

We all know a "queen" is a euphemism for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts