Somali flag burned in Boorama

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
just because you can buy bleach soap from the local ayeeyo's dukaan does not mean you guys aren't dhuxul niggas. we all know how addicted you guys are to bleaching :patrice:
Accusations without proof. Like i said not all somalis look like midnight dont let these blm xalimos fool you:denzelnigga:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
There are more then 60 countries with stars do they represent somaliweyne? Ethiopia has a star do they represent Somaliweyne?:leon:
wecel. are you dense or dumb. each group have their own meaning behind the star. ethnic somali meaning is uniting. Vietnam's meaning is national unity

it has a meaning. it represents the 5 separated somali inhabited lands
BS
Here is a little visual representation of the mental occupation the italians still hold on you folks
7uyqw6vgjfn51.jpg

represents Wanlaweyn kulahaa. stop lying to yourself.

just because you can buy bleach soap from the local ayeeyo's dukaan does not mean you guys aren't dhuxul niggas. we all know how addicted you guys are to bleaching :patrice:
Lool, you are an embarrasment dude. It is well known fact that northerners are naturally on average lighter and less African looking than southerners. However, to me it is not an insult to be dark-skinned, but clearly you have some level of self-hatred that you are trying to convey here.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
BS
Here is a little visual representation of the mental occupation the italians still hold on you folks
7uyqw6vgjfn51.jpg

we do not care :drakekidding: writing arabic and adding colours won't make your flag unique. yours is very much the same as Somalias

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Lool, you are an embarrasment dude. It is well known fact that northerners are naturally on average lighter and less African looking than southerners. However, to me it is not an insult to be dark-skinned, but clearly you have some level of self-hatred that you are trying to convey here.
? you guys have self hatred. the northerners are not less dark than the southerners. its the same. just because bleaching is widespread in the north, does not mean you guys are lightbrights

lmao are you serious?
The National Flag of Somalia is rectangular shaped and features a light blue background with a large white five-pointed star ("Star of Unity") in the center. The blue color of the flag was initially influenced by the flag of the UN but today is said to denote the sky and the neighboring Indian Ocean, the Gulf of Aden, and the Guardafui Channel. The five points of the star represent the five regions in the horn of Africa that are inhabited by Somali people: the former British Somaliland and Italian Somaliland (which together make up Somalia), Djibouti, Ogaden (Ethiopia), and the North East Province (Kenya
I think a picture will make you understand better

7uyqw6vgjfn51.jpg

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Damn, that is a lot of dancing around to deny the fact that if you remove the panther from that section, you essentially have the flag of Somalia, a white five-pointed star on a blue background.
Had that combination been a common feature of many flags/emblems at the time, you could say it is a coincidence. But for it to be on only the emblem of the country that was colonizing Somalia? No chance.
Just admit reality, it'll get better after that.
A white star in a blue background is old as time, everyone from the uigjurs who stuck a crescent on it to the . Literally every flag in every Somali region looks like a knockoff of something else. Why this is even a point of argument is beyond me.

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
BS
7uyqw6vgjfn51.jpg

at least we made a noble goal from this flag :trumpsmirk:

A white star in a blue background is old as time, everyone from the uigjurs who stuck a crescent on it to the . Literally every flag in every Somali region looks like a knockoff of something else. Why this is even a point of argument is beyond me.

I hate to do this, but you folks seem to have a hard time understanding basic concepts. Maybe a picture will help.
7uyqw6vgjfn51.jpg

None of the examples you listed is closely similar to the Somali flag. The progress from the italian coat of arms to the Somalia flag and the Somalia coat of arms is just a straight up copy.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
Damn, that is a lot of dancing around to deny the fact that if you remove the panther from that section, you essentially have the flag of Somalia, a white five-pointed star on a blue background.
Had that combination been a common feature of many flags/emblems at the time, you could say it is a coincidence. But for it to be on only the emblem of the country that was colonizing Somalia? No chance.

Please, there are no "facts" here. If we were discussing vexillological similarities I would be inclined to agree with you but we're not. The exact claim was that Mohammed Liban based his design of the Somali flag on the Italian Somaliland coat of arms. There is no historical evidence to substantiate such a claim, and your side has fielded nothing but snide conjecture.

For the record:
[Mohammed Awale Liban] chose the blue colour to represent peace and the UN and placed a white 5-pointed star in the centre. Each point of the white star was to represent the five Somali regions which had been divided by the colonial powers.

The five-pointed star was been used in political flags throughout modern Somali history. Even the earliest known flag of the SYL used stars to represent each area of partitioned Somaliweyn. Liban simplified this design into a single star at the centre; an entirely aesthetic choice. The azure colour was adopted in honour of the United Nations which shepherded our nascent republic into independence. Each facet of the flag can easily be accounted for in the historical record.

But, ignoring actual scholarship - I mean who cares about that, if a flag need only share a few similarities to allege plagiarism, did Somaliland copy their Yemeni neighbours?

flag.jpg

Just admit reality, it'll get better after that.

The irony of being told by a Somalilander to "admit reality". Remind again, how many decades has the Hargeisa regime been clambering for recognition? I think your advice would be better served there than here.

Edit: changed a word.

Last edited:

Trending