Somali flag burned in Boorama

This was the first Flag raised in Somaliland in 1910 to represent the 5 Somali Territories.
IMG_20210701_155832.jpg

This is the current flag of Somalia which was the former Italian Somalia emblem.
IMG_20210701_155943.jpg
IMG_20210701_162015.jpg

This is the Somaliland flag which was created in Awdal.
1280px-Flag_of_Somaliland.svg.png

The people are choosing the flag that they created, that represents them and their Country. Not the one that represents Somalia Italiana, an italian colonial project and the failed union of Somali Republic 1960-1991

I heard Jews sell Israeli flags to Iranians for them to burn. Great business opportunity to make money from uqdad.

You can burn as many as you like, don't forget to get some for the family. By one get one free, have a whole bonfire of uqdad.

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Burning flag is not a good thing and should be banned everywhere. Because the flag they are burning represent another people to whom they cherish. Burning flag is hurting feelings and is not a good thing to do and should be banned. But lets be honest, Awdalites interest lies in Somaliland where they get to share a nation with only 1 other relevant clan. The south has a lot of things to care before they can unite with Awdal. Why have Mogadishu as capital when you can have capital simply be a stone throw away from you. Smart on them for knowing what is best for them. But burning flag is not a good thing specially on independence day. I strongly disagree with that. But Interest wise Somaliland makes a lot of sense.

The Somali government should actively work to destabilize sland and make sure the khaatumo project becomes a reality.
behave.
Saaxib, the Somali government has been going to great lengths to do just that. In particular, that filthy snake Mahdi Gulaid. They are largely behind a lot of the stunts you see on twitter, facebook and other social media that has led to people being arrested. They spent a lot money and time trying to sow divisions and hatred within the Somaliland. This is why I am in favour of the governments actions taken against the paid agents.

I am usually fine with allowing people from Somaliland who worked for the Somalia government to return to SL, providing they weren't out there working explicitly against the Somaliland people and government. The treacherous leach Mahdi Gulaid should be imprisoned, tried for treason and executed if found guilty. And he is guilty as the day is long.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
They burn flag and next day calling Somalia for talks.:manny:

Hawiya were pushing for talks now we reach to burn Somalia flag. :farole:

I said long time ago. Ban them like North Korea and no talks until they elect new regime accepting to talk under Somalia Banner unity. :mjswag:.

Saaxib, the Somali government has been going to great lengths to do just that. In particular, that filthy snake Mahdi Gulaid. They are largely behind a lot of the stunts you see on twitter, facebook and other social media that has led to people being arrested. They spent a lot money and time trying to sow divisions and hatred within the Somaliland. This is why I am in favour of the governments actions taken against the paid agents.

I am usually fine with allowing people from Somaliland who worked for the Somalia government to return to SL, providing they weren't out there working explicitly against the Somaliland people and government. The treacherous leach Mahdi Gulaid should be imprisoned, tried for treason and executed if found guilty. And he is guilty as the day is long.

You're getting lessons of nationalism and somalinimo from a guy that supports Kenya airstriking regions in somalia because he wants his ogadenn clan to dominate others in jubbaland. You can't make this up:dead:

no need.
Kenya is your enemy, not mine. they're killing you, not me, and I offer no sympathies or solidarities.

Ethiopia is my problem, I am sure you feel the same way. hold your own, and let me hold mine.

the sooner this failed project called zoumalia disintegrates the better.

inshallah

Burning flag is not a good thing and should be banned everywhere. Because the flag they are burning represent another people to whom they cherish. Burning flag is hurting feelings and is not a good thing to do and should be banned. But lets be honest, Awdalites interest lies in Somaliland where they get to share a nation with only 1 other relevant clan. The south has a lot of things to care before they can unite with Awdal. Why have Mogadishu as capital when you can have capital simply be a stone throw away from you. Smart on them for knowing what is best for them. But burning flag is not a good thing specially on independence day. I strongly disagree with that. But Interest wise Somaliland makes a lot of sense.

It may hurt feelings and I get that it's meant as an insult. But I have to vehemently disagree with you on banning them.
This is a piece of clothand they're making a political statement. These things should never be criminalised.

MT Foxtrot

Anti-qabil
This is the current flag of Somalia which was the former Italian Somalia emblem.View attachment 191085

The image on the left is not a "flag" but a highly altered version of the Italian Somaliland coat of arms. It has been modified to more closely resemble the current Somali flag. It was designed and uploaded to Wikimedia in 2012 by Italian user L'orso famelico (The Ravenous Bear).

The original coat of arms actually looked like this:

image35.jpg

There are a number of differences between these images and the Somali flag:
  • The star is offset and above the leopard's head rather than at the centre
  • The ground is a deep navy rather than azure
  • There is a giant leopard facing what would be the hoist
If we extrapolate this design, we get this flag (I couldn't find an image of the same leopard):

flag.png

Besides a single motif - the star - you would be hard-pressed to claim Mohammed Liban plagiarised this design for the ethnic Somali flag.

Last edited:

no it doesn't and it never did.
hawiye presidents have been very sympathetic to the waqooyis and their quest for recognition.
we only had two daarood presidents post 91, and one of them (AY) had other shit to worry about.

no somali government went out of its way to cause trouble in the north, even farmaajo, as shit as he has been, he has not gone out of his to cause trouble there when he easily could have by supporting dhulbahantes.

The image on the left is not a "flag" but a highly altered version of the Italian Somaliland coat of arms. It has been modified to more closely resemble the current Somali flag. It was designed and uploaded to Wikimedia in 2012 by Italian user L'orso famelico (The Ravenous Bear).

View attachment 191105

If we extrapolate this design, we get this flag (I couldn't find an image of the same leopard):

View attachment 191102

Besides a single motif - the star - you would be hard-pressed to claim Mohammed Liban plagiarised this design for the ethnic Somali flag.

How do you explain this old italian postcard
1625177575615.png

You're getting lessons of nationalism and somalinimo from a guy that supports Kenya airstriking regions in somalia because he wants his ogadenn clan to dominate others in jubbaland. You can't make this up:dead:
If Farmaajo who called Muslim Somalis who were fighting against Christian gaalo tplf a terrorist was lecturing us last night about the importance of nationalism, and was telling us his daddy was locked up for being pro Somalia pre independence.

why can't I? :drakewtf:

If I am terrorist for being ogaden and for fighting Ethiopia, then reer gedo are terrorists for fighting Kenya.:mjdontkno:

it's simple.

View attachment 191105

View attachment 191102

Original italian coat of arms for somalia probably was this one
1625177969732.png

View attachment 191105

View attachment 191102

Damn, that is a lot of dancing around to deny the fact that if you remove the panther from that section, you essentially have the flag of Somalia, a white five-pointed star on a blue background.
Had that combination been a common feature of many flags/emblems at the time, you could say it is a coincidence. But for it to be on only the emblem of the country that was colonizing Somalia? No chance.
Just admit reality, it'll get better after that.

no it doesn't and it never did.
hawiye presidents have been very sympathetic to the waqooyis and their quest for recognition.
we only had two daarood presidents post 91, and one of them (AY) had other shit to worry about.

no somali government went out of its way to cause trouble in the north, even farmaajo, as shit as he has been, he has not gone out of his to cause trouble there when he easily could have by supporting dhulbahantes.
Saaxib, you live in a fantasy land if you think Somalia's government has not been undertaking a concerted effort to undermine Somaliland for a long time.
It's futile having a discussion with you on this.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The title is misleading. There's no such thing as a Somali flag. What they are burning is the flag of Somalia which represents the Somalian nationality not the Somali ethnicity
5DCEFA52-6E48-479F-86B2-BCE7D367275E.jpeg

:ummhmm:

I've been telling my ppl that boromo ppl and the ppl from kustuumo esteedh are worst then the qaldaans but nobody wants to belive me .

Atleast the qaldaans are honest about their hatred to the ppl of banadir and Somalia in general , but these other somalilanders(boromo , kustuumo esteedh ) will pretend to be about somalinimo , come to mogadishu for work while slandering the same ppl that welcome them .

Saaxib, you live in a fantasy land if you think Somalia's government has not been undertaking a concerted effort to undermine Somaliland for a long time.
It's futile having a discussion with you on this.
aside for farmaajo and the port deal, what did hassan shiakh, sh shariif, AY and Abdisalam qasim do?

Trending