Somali boy gets a buzz cut by a Sudanese man

Again, can you stop pretending to possess expertise that you clearly don't have? I think that you also live in Australia, so how do you explain Waragamba dam providing water for 5 million people yet only having an installed capacity of 50 megawatts that isn't even used anymore?

Source:

You were told something by some people and you chose to ran with it?

Do I need to remind you that every precious group looks down on other groups in Africa -- and at times for spurious or ahistorical reasons?

You really shouldn't be

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Do you realise how absurd this sounds coming from you?

Nilo-Saharans (as a whole) have their origins in Sudan/Chad, so the idea that their continued stay in Sudan is contingent on the say so of anyone in Khartoum-Omdurman is absurd.
I clearly have more expertise than you. And I never said that those are the only factors involved since water flow plays a big role, but the Waragamba dam literally proves my point. The topography allows the reservoir to have a large volume without taking up too much surface area. Something that cannot be done in the South or anywhere on the White Nile basin.
Warragamba-dam_edited.jpg

Sudan and Chad aren't the same country, nor is Sudan the Israel for Nilotes - but you're more than welcome to claim that for your own country! And yes, Khartoum is the capital so they have the right to determine who is and isn't Sudanese.

I clearly have more expertise than you.

You have no expertise and it's evident to everyone here.

There's always an exception, but the Waragamba dam literally proves my point.

It literally disproves your rants about every type of dam requiring copious amounts of electricity generation.

The topography allows the reservoir to have a large volume without taking up too much surface area. Something that cannot be done in the South or anywhere on the White Nile basin.

Give it up, Asaana; you have not cited even a single source to buttress any of these laughable claims.

Even if one were to grant you the benefit of the doubt and accepted that there are topographical constraints that make constructing large dams in the White Nile less land efficient, to what extent is this ostensibly the case?

Prove that it's untenable or demonstrate that it's prohibitive.

Make sure to provide at least one grit-edged source; you have yet to provide a single source; a single citation; or a single expert (you don't count) so it must be lonely.

It looks like it's something you want to believe but can't actually prove.

Warragamba-dam_edited.jpg

Sudan and Chad aren't the same country, nor is Sudan the Israel for Nilotes - but you're more than welcome to claim that for your own country! And yes, Khartoum is the capital so they have the right to determine who is and isn't Sudanese.

Really, Israel? We've been in Sudan for no less than 14, 000 years and you bring up Israel?

Donald Trump Laugh GIF by Election 2020

The Zaghawa have been in Sudan since at least the 11th Century.

I hope you realise that Zaghawa lands in Sudan, Chad and Libya were divided by colonial borders, so the idea that Khartoum could just expel them from Darfur is fanciful, immoral and dangerous.

How exactly do you think expelling 200, 000 people would go down domestically, regionally and internationally?

Have you even so much as given any thought to how such an action would be received by all the other Nilo-Saharan populations in Darfur, the Nuba Mountains and Blue Nile?

Do you imagine that the Zaghawa would just peacefully vacate all their territories between Kornoy and El-Fasher?

A British administrator noted:

no matter that life is hard, dogged by disappointment, and often lived under the somber shadow of famine, still they come back to the steppes and wadis which they know as home, and which they will not willingly abandon. Our problem is not to help the Zaghawa to leave their present country, but to help them to live a better and more prosperous life inside it”(R. S. O’Fahey, Darfur and the British: A Sourcebook, forthcoming).

Last edited:
The man yall keep posting looks somali, how you confused to see a typical somali phenotype that is common in the North the last true somalis standing.

Last edited:
You have no expertise and it's evident to everyone here.

It literally disproves your rants about every type of dam requiring copious amounts of electricity generation.

Give it up, Asaana; you have not cited even a single source to buttress any of these laughable claims.

Even if one were to grant you the benefit of the doubt and accepted that there are topographical constraints that make constructing large dams in the White Nile less land efficient, to what extent is this ostensibly the case?

Prove that it's untenable or demonstrate that it's prohibitive.

Make sure to provide at least one grit-edged source; you have yet to provide a single source; a single citation; or a single expert (you don't count) so it must be lonely.

It looks like it's something you want to believe but can't actually prove.
You're resorting to strawman (again). At this point you can't even blame your situation on your leaders. It's hard to be optimistic for the future of South Sudan when someone among the educated diaspora thinks a large dam like in their host country can be built with this topography:
depositphotos_63327709-stock-photo-nile-river-and-town-in.jpg

When one says that santa clause exists it's their responsibility to provide evidence, not the ones claiming he doesn't exist. So again, stop being lazy - it's 2022, there are many free programs at your finger tips.

Really, Israel? We've been in Sudan for no less than 14, 000 years and you bring up Israel?

Donald Trump Laugh GIF by Election 2020

The Zaghawa have been in Sudan since at least the 11th Century.

I hope you realise that Zaghawa lands in Sudan, Chad and Libya were divided by colonial borders, so the idea that Khartoum could just expel them from Darfur is fanciful, immoral and dangerous.

How exactly do you think expelling 200, 000 people would go down domestically, regionally and internationally?

Have you even so much as given any thought to how such an action would be received by all the other Nilo-Saharan populations in Darfur, the Nuba Mountains and Blue Nile?

Do you imagine that the Zaghawa would just peacefully vacate all their territories between Kornoy and El-Fasher?

A British administrator noted:
Who is we? Are you Zaghawa? For someone that sure loves to bark about sources I would imagine that you would've provided one that confirms they've been here since the 11th century; but even then that doesn't even matter since the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians have been in Sudan even longer. Does that make them indigenous?

Colonial borders are very similar to Mahdist and Sennar + Darfur borders. Not to mention modern day border are by international law so you can't dismiss them like some caveman. Did I ever say I would expel 200,000 people? Even if we wanted to it would be quite easy and has been done many times before.

Lol, do you think Nilosaharan solidarity is a thing? You really live in Lalaland. Even the DInka and Nuer hate each other, but you think these people that are culturally, religiously, and genetically different from you would work together because you're all niLoTiC? And your source is null, since tens of thousands of Zaghawa already abandoned Sudan.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Last edited:
Let's be honest qabil doesn't say much . He could be anything maternally.
Do you think he'd score 99% somali on 23&me ??

Put him next to 2 darker Yemeni & hindi.

& people wouldn't know whose the somali.
Saxib, that kid looks 100% Somali. I don’t know why people here act like light skin Somalis are mythical creatures/

@Bundasliga

Read this study that was done in Bosaso a while back.

This was the DNA breakdown.

•60% Ancient East African
•25% Ancient West Asian (Middle East)

•15% Ancient North African

Like @K-M-O said, we are kind of our own race. Our ancient heritage explains why some Somalis can pass for looser haired Nilotics, whereas others could technically pass for some kind of Asian.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

Nilo-Saharans have been in Sudan about as long as Afro-Asiatics/Cushites if not longer. There is proof of contact between North-Cushitic, the ancestor of Beja, and the Saharan branch going back about 8,500 years:

The evidence that Proto-sahelian borrowed its words for “goat” from an already distinct ancestral beja language in the later seventh millennium6 supports the conclusion that the initial divergence of Proto-Cushitic into the Beja (North Cushitic) branch and Agäw-East-South-Cushitic branches began before 6500 BCE - History and the Testimony of Language by Christopher Ehret

There's also the fact that a common NS related Y-DNA, A-M13, often appears in Paleolithic Sudanese samples as far north as Wadi Halfa whereas all of our E, T, J and whatever else clades only begin to appear after this period, if memory serves me well. Then like 30-60% of the ancestry of Horners and Sudanis like yourself is pretty much identical to 80-90% or more of the ancestry in Dinkas which imparts pretty plainly that the pre-historic native element of Sudan was something closely related to modern Nilo-Saharans whereas the MENA elements in our ancestry likely would have come from Egypt and the Maghreb.

Upper Nubia, where your folk are basically from, has also seemingly always been NS speaking since the days of the Kingdom of Kush or earlier. The language your awoowoyaal spoke before Arabic was NS and not Cushitic unless you're a Beja. Cushitic and NS cultural exchanges have also been going on since at least that proof of contact I shared with even Horners having A-M13 among them. It's actually the dominant Y-DNA among Ethiopian Jews.

I don't know where the NS urheimat is theorized to be but that NS people or the majority of their ancestry are native to Sudan is not debatable, walaashay. They're frankly more "native" than we are, if you ask me.

You're resorting to strawman (again). At this point you can't even blame your situation on your leaders. It's hard to be optimistic for the future of South Sudan when someone among the educated diaspora thinks a large dam like in their host country can be built with this topography:
depositphotos_63327709-stock-photo-nile-river-and-town-in.jpg

So, no source then? Just hot air, as usual?

Do you really expect people to just okey-dokey your claims without a shred of evidence, the use of a picture and an unjustifiably arrogant tone?

Is that picture of a segment of the White Nile supposed to give people the impression that you are intimately informed about the topography of South Sudan?

:mjlol:

I equate your apparent level of expertise on dams with your pretended expertise on South Sudan's topography -> non-existent.

Tell you what, I'll indulge you and pretend that you're actually well equipped to speak authoritatively on this matter:

You said earlier that South Sudan doesn't have the topography to build large dams, without these dams taking up too much land...

..So, what's too much land? Does our topography lend itself to being 2x, 3x or perhaps 4x more land inefficient?

The Waragamba dam has a surface area of 75km2, so how much more land do you imagine the supposedly topographically challenged, 640, 000 km2 size Country would have to give up for dams before it runs out of space?

:mjlol:

Do you even know? Good show, you are an improv Maestro, my dear.

With your cartoonishly smug rhetoric, one could be forgiven for thinking that Sudan was a developed Nation -- and that it's current level of development (half a century's worth) was laudable, enviable or even a potential source of pride.

It would literally take no more than 15 years of semi-competent governance to get where it took Sudan half a century, so spare me this laughable display of arrogance.

Lock up another English woman for having the gall to allow primary school students the opportunity to name their toys -- an apparently malevolent act that resulted in (*gasp*) the incorrect name being given to a teddy bear and grown men braying for her literal death ...

..And then go on forums and act as though you're ascended. You're practically levitating.

:drakekidding:

This comical episode is contrasted with the more serious acts of attempting to assassinate Mubarak; hosting Osama Bin Laden; being implicated in multiple terror attacks outside of Sudan's borders; fighting in the Iraq-Iran war; opposing the first Gulf War and drawing the ire of the United States, despite being a servant of servants.

When one says that santa clause exists it's their responsibility to provide evidence, not the ones claiming he doesn't exist. So again, stop being lazy - it's 2022, there are many free programs at your finger tips.

Ah, yes, because asking for evidence relating to the apparent topographical constraints that South Sudan is so evidently bedevilled with is akin to rebutting a fairy-tale.

The onus is on you to substantiate your claims, and no amount of projecting with stale screeches about "being lazy" will do.

Who is we? Are you Zaghawa?

I knew this response was coming as soon as I typed up my riposte; you pretend to not understand what was said and you then pick a straw man of your fancy and argue that instead.

"We" clearly refers to the various Nilo-Saharan groups that have resided in Sudan for many thousands of years.

There is a genetic, anthropological and linguistic basis that connects these Nilo-Saharan populations and anchors them to Sudan.

For someone that sure loves to bark about sources I would imagine that you would've provided one that confirms they've been here since the 11th century;

As it so happens:

Leo Africanus is probably referring to the Zaghawa when he speaks about 'Zingani':

The king of Nubia maintained continual war partly against the people of Goran (who being descended of the people called Zingani, inhabit the deserts and speak a kind of language that no Nation understandeth) and partly against certain other people.

Unlike like you, I actually believe in providing sources for my claims. It seems that the Zaghawa have actually been in northern Darfur since antiquity, so you might have to shelve your hopes of designating them as foreigners and expelling them from Sudan.

but even then that doesn't even matter since the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians have been in Sudan even longer. Does that make them indigenous?

The Zaghawa use to raid the Nubians, so the idea that the Greeks and Romans preceded them in Sudan is all kinds of funny.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

After the Nubians and the Beja, the seminomadic Zaghawa are the third major pre-Arab group of the North. They have long occupied the deserts of northern Darfur and Kordofan provinces. In ancient times they raided Nubia and more recently fought with the Arabs, but they are now largely Arabized. (Area Handbook for the Democratic Republic of Sudan)

Colonial borders are very similar to Mahdist and Sennar + Darfur borders. Not to mention modern day border are by international law so you can't dismiss them like some caveman.

You obviously didn't understand the point I was making and decided to go ham on a position no one has even argued.

The point I was making is that the Zaghawa have historically occupied territories in Sudan, Chad and Libya and that pretending that they only occupied areas outside of Sudan is ahistorical.

Not only did you positively think of a scenario in which 200k people would be stripped of their citizenship... you actually put it into emission...

..And now you're referencing international law and equating what I said with being a caveman?

Jeff Goldblum Reaction GIF

Did I ever say I would expel 200,000 people? Even if we wanted to it would be quite easy and has been done many times before.

Ah, I see, you didn't mean to imply that their continued residency in Sudan was contingent on good behaviour, as defined by you?

Was my characterisation on what you wrote an unfair interpretation of your apparently innocent little post?

Lol, do you think Nilosaharan solidarity is a thing?

No, actually, but people do get a little nervous when only those people that coincidentally look like them get systematically targeted.

The first logic of life (survival) tends to impel people to take certain actions to avoid the unfortunate fate of others.

You really live in Lalaland.

Projecting as usual; you accuse people of making straw man arguments while doing little else.

Even the DInka and Nuer hate each other, but you think these people that are culturally, religiously, and genetically different from you would work together because you're all niLoTiC?

Actually, those Nilo-Saharan groups all share a majority of their genetic profile with South Sudanese, but that's of little relevance here because people don't care about that sort of thing.

It's obvious that people would see patterns and act accordingly; why are you acting new? Did the Nuba and the people of Blue Nile not join Garang against Khartoum? Were the Darfurians not armed by Juba?

:sass2:

And your source is null, since tens of thousands of Zaghawa already abandoned Sudan.

Yes, women and children flee; is this supposed to be a big revelation? Do armed groups not persist in fighting?

Let's recap, shall we:

80% of South Sudan is arable

10% of Sudan is arable

South Sudan receives far more rainfall

Zero evidence has been provided that South Sudan can't accommodate large dams

Why did you find these obvious facts so disagreeable?

bored dave chappelle GIF

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts