Somali Scientists analyze genomes from Bosaso

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Affiliations
  1. Faculty of Medicine, East Africa University, Bosaso, Puntland, Somalia - Abshir A. Ali
  2. Bosaso general hospital, Bosaso, Puntland, Somalia - Mikko Aalto
  3. Department of Clinical Genetics, and Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden -Jon Jonasson
  4. Department of Clinical Chemistry, and Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences, Linköping University, Linköping, Sweden - Abdimajid Osman

Study population
The study recruited 95 unrelated individuals living in Bosaso city in the Northeastern region (Puntland) of Somalia. Birth places were confirmed with available documents or based on questionnaires. All participants were identified as ethnic Somalis belonging to the recognized clans of the Somali lineage. Age ranged between 18 and 65 years (57 males and 38 females). Most of the study participants (96%) were born in Puntland. Two individuals were born in South-Central Somalia, another person was born in Northwestern Somalia (Somaliland), and one individual was born in the Somali region of Eastern Ethiopia.

Findings:
•60% Ancient East African
•25% Ancient West Asian (Middle East)
•15% Ancient North African

It is worth to mention that most of our samples were collected in the North Eastern region (Puntland) and that results in this study may reflect the genetic makeup of the population in this part of Somalia. However, recent evidences based on Y-STR haplotypes studied on Somalis from diverse geographic locations and clans suggest that ethnic Somalis are largely homogenous17

I hope that finally settles this ongoing debate for further information here:

BBC05312-D1F9-4AAB-A4A5-21858BDC5698.jpeg

6D29F1B0-9B6F-4FE7-B482-51A7A6D9A7F1.jpeg

47EA16A0-3EC2-41FB-88BB-0A8FB92C02D3.jpeg

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I doubt it were pure look at history akhi there were arabs Persians greeks and romans living in somalia back in the ancient time somali city states adal and fat sultanates land of punt im sure we intermingled or interacted with them
Pure is subjective bro. There are no pure African people, but I did not say Somalis are not a old racial mixture.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Somalis came to Somalia 2500-300 years ago. You're saying we got admixed with ME and NA before the migration?
What? Somalis are much older than 2500 years sxb. Even Arabs who are much younger ethnic group than us have been around at least 3000-4000years.

What? Somalis are much older than 2500 years sxb. Even Arabs who are much younger ethnic group than us have been around at least 3000-4000years.
Read my question again.

Somalis are known to have come to Somalia 2500-3000 years ago. You're saying we got admixed with ME and NA before the migration?

Trending

Latest posts