Somali boy gets a buzz cut by a Sudanese man

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Whether you like it or not there's natural gas resources that haven't been exploited. The oil industry has also been developing, even though I couldn't care less for it since the world is quickly moving past this resource.

Don't you think regions like ours that need cheap, abundant and reliable energy do need it for the coming decade or two, though? I just don't see Eastern Africa industrializing with renewables and perish the thought of nuclear.

Don't you think regions like ours that need cheap, abundant and reliable energy do need it for the coming decade or two, though? I just don't see Eastern Africa industrializing with renewables and perish the thought of nuclear.
Maybe I exaggerated too much. In the coming decade or two oil is definitely helpful, but we can definitely industrialize with renewable energy and Vietnam is an example of that.

In recent years Sudan has been investing in solar, and it has provided farmers and businesses with cheap electricity.

With climate change it has been expanding, to the point where it turned into a lake during the dry season.

A lake? The Sudd in its default state is bigger than dozens of lakes and has a predictable swell up at particular points of the year; this is just the most significant flooding since the 1960s. This large-scale flooding (in 2 of the 10 States) does not occur yearly.

Proper interventions can rectify this situation in this sliver of territory; none of this supports your claim that South Sudan is unsuitable for irrigation and agriculture.

The area towards Uganda is better for farming, but even then irrigation capabilities are limited since unlike the North you don't have the space or topography for large irrigations dams.

You're just making claims without any sources; we have the space for dams. Please cite a source supporting your claim that we don't have the topography or the space for large dams.

Over 80% of South Sudan is arable land whereas only 10% of Sudan is arable; we have far more arabe land and water than the North.

oP7NtsN.png

Actually the largest Uranium reserves are in Darfur, not Karia Kingi.
KGmubBn.png

Actually, you're seemingly unaware that Kafia Kingi was annexed to Darfur and is widely reputed to be rich in silver, uranium and copper.

These claims of uranium deposits in Darfur have not been independently verified by any agency or mining company. Beyond inking agreements to explore for mineral resources, nothing has been substantiated.

From your source:

According to the Sudanese government report in 2010, the country has 1.5 million tons of uranium reserves, mostly located in west Darfur and in the south of the country, in the Nuba Mountains.

Whether you like it or not there's natural gas resources that haven't been properly exploited yet. The oil industry has also been developing, even though I couldn't care less for it since the world is quickly moving past this resource.

That's a claim made by your officials. What oil company, independent study or industry journal has made this claim?

Get back to me when Sudan can say that they have proven reserves instead of self estimates.

A lake? The Sudd in its default state is bigger than dozens of lakes and has a predictable swell up at particular points of the year; this is just the most significant flooding since the 1960s. This large-scale flooding (in 2 of the 10 States) does not occur yearly.

Proper interventions can rectify this situation in this sliver of territory; none of this supports your claim that South Sudan is unsuitable for irrigation and agriculture.

You're just making claims without any sources; we have the space for dams. Please cite a source supporting your claim that we don't have the topography or the space for large dams.

Over 80% of South Sudan is arable land whereas only 10% of Sudan is arable; we have far more arabe land and water than the North.

Actually, you're seemingly unaware that Kafia Kingi was annexed to Darfur and is widely reputed to be rich in silver, uranium and copper.

These claims of uranium deposits in Darfur have not been independently verified by any agency or mining company. Beyond inking agreements to explore for mineral resources, nothing has been substantiated.

From your source:

That's a claim made by your officials. What oil company, independent study or industry journal has made this claim?

Get back to me when Sudan can say that they have proven reserves instead of self estimates.
You clearly don't know how dams work. The reservoirs take up a lot of space if the dam site is very flat, and of course you're limited with how high you can build. Which is why the White Nile barely has any dams (especially larger ones) compared to the Blue Nile. Even Uganda, a country with more suitable topography than South Sudan can't build a dam as large as Merowe for this reason. Google Earth actually has a fantastic topography feature if you're too lazy to do your own research or don't have any engineers in your family to ask.

So if you have all that arable land why don't you farm it instead of going to the North to work as laborers? And if you have so much more water than us why are you always dealing with drought? Meanwhile even the driest parts of Sudan are being irrigated.
MMqIKcW.png

Upstream there's several irrigation schemes and a large recently completed dam, something that cannot be built in the South.
xzTXjlT.png

You're contradicting yourself, so is Darfur rich in uranium or no?

Claims aren't true if it's made by the government? Let me guess you'll believe it if they send a random white person to verify, even the Chinese aren't good enough lol. Next you'll claim the Nubian shield isn't real.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
It would have been very difficult to convert South Sudanese because we (Dinka) remember being pushed out of the Gezira (North) in the 13th and 15th Centuries by the Afro-Arabs; Northern tribes attempted to enslave Nilotic tribes and our resistance was costly; we developed a great deal of hatred for the Arabs after that and sought to fight them at every turn.

Also, the British literally made it illegal for the North to preach the message of Islam in South Sudan.

Little known fact, Salva Kiir's sister is a Muslim; my father's maternal family has adherents and our border communities have a lot of believers, so perhaps we would have come around in time, if the North employed a different approach.

The irony is that we contributed the very mercenary troops that the Funj Sultanate used to conquer the North -- which turned Sudan into a Muslim majority Country.

The Ja'aliyyin apparently tried to convince us that we were actually sons of Abbas

:mjlol::russ:

We need more history related posts from you regarding nilotics and nilo-saharans, petty gender threads are wasted upon you my friend.

You clearly don't know how dams work. The reservoirs take up a lot of space if the dam site is very flat, and of course you're limited with how high you can build. Which is why the White Nile barely has any dams (especially larger ones) compared to the Blue Nile.

Just cite a single source to support your claim; I'm not at all interested in your little grandstanding and your pretended intimations to expertise. If this is all so evident, then sources would abound, right?

South Sudan is over 600, 000 km2, so please cite at least 1 source that anneals your claim that we lack the space to accommodate a Meroe size dam (476km2) or the topography to build a large dam in South Sudan.

Even Uganda, a country with more suitable topography than South Sudan can't build a dam as large as Merowe for this reason. Google Earth actually has a fantastic topography feature if you're too lazy to do your own research or don't have any engineers in your family to ask.

Uganda already has a number of dams and is in the process of building 5 more dams on the White Nile.

Source:

Provide a source detailing that topography (and not capital) is why Uganda hasn't built a large dam on the White Nile.

So if you have all that arable land why don't you farm it instead of going to the North to work as laborers?

If we have all that arable land? It's been established by independent assessments by experts that over 80% of our land is arable; only 10% of Sudan's land is arable.

Using this threshold, about 80 percent of the country’s territory is under climatic conditions that are considered suitable for agriculture.

Before South Sudan became an independent country, crop areas in Sudan as a whole accounts for 7 percent of total land. Given that the agro-climate conditions are less favorable in the northern Sudan than that in South Sudan, it is obvious that South Sudan is significantly underdeveloped in agricultural production.

Source:

The dearth of government investment in the labour market perfectly explains why Southerners are unfortunately still working in the North.

I could flip this whole thing around and ask you why Northern pastoralists come to the South for pasture and water if you have so much of it in the arid North?

And if you have so much more water than us why are you always dealing with drought? Meanwhile even the driest parts of Sudan are being irrigated.

Do you imagine that exotic reasoning is needed to explain why a corrupt and inept government in Africa has not made the necessary investments in the agriculture sector?

South Sudan receives 580,000 gigalitres of water per year in rainfall.

The Sudd alone absorbs 50 thousand gigalitres of water a year from the White Nile; to put that into perspective, Australia uses 13,337 Gigalitres of water per year, so it's not a matter of availability, it's a matter of delivery.

MMqIKcW.png

Upstream there's several irrigation schemes and a large recently completed dam, something that cannot be built in the South.

Cite a single source for this claim; I won't stop hectoring you for a source on the apparent topographical challenges inherent to constructing large dams on the White Nile until you provide one; your rhetoric and some pictures are no substitute.

xzTXjlT.png

You're contradicting yourself, so is Darfur rich in uranium or no?

Where did I contradict myself? I made it clear that your government engaged in large scale land theft when they annexed Kafia Kingi and made it part of Darfur.

Claims aren't true if it's made by the government? Let me guess you'll believe it if they send a random white person to verify, even the Chinese aren't good enough lol. Next you'll claim the Nubian shield isn't real.

Claims by only your government aren't enough; the Chinese have not said that Sudan has those reseves, so what are you on about?

Don’t flip the whole racial inferiority complex thing on us... it's the North that committed its young men to fighting and dying for the Arabs in Iraq, Yemen and Libya.

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
This FKD is absolutely mild, it seems only us somalis possess the rash FKD culture, others in the wider Northeastern region do not have this. I was expecting one langaab remark from the fighters.

Just cite a single source to support your claim; I'm not at all interested in your little grandstanding and your pretended intimations to expertise. If this is all so evident, then sources would abound, right?

South Sudan is over 600, 000 km2, so please cite at least 1 source that anneals your claim that we lack the space to accommodate a Meroe size dam (476km2) or the topography to build a large dam in South Sudan.

Uganda already has a number of dams and is in the process of building 5 more dams on the White Nile.

Source:

If we have all that arable land? It's been established by independent assessments by experts that over 80% of our land is arable; only 10% of Sudan's land is arable.

Source:

The dearth of government investment in the labour market perfectly explains why Southerners are unfortunately still working in the North.

I could flip this whole thing around and ask you why Northern pastoralists come to the South for pasture and water if you have so much of it in the arid North?

Do you imagine that exotic reasoning is needed to explain why a corrupt and inept government in Africa has not made the necessary investments in the agriculture sector?

South Sudan receives 580,000 gigalitres of water per year in rainfall.

The Sudd alone absorbs 50 thousand gigalitres of water a year from the White Nile; to put that into perspective, Australia uses 13,337 Gigalitres of water per year, so it's not a matter of availability, it's a matter of delivery.

Cite a single source for this claim; I won't stop hectoring you for a source on the apparent topographical challenges inherent to constructing large dams on the White Nile until you provide one; your rhetoric and some pictures are no substitute.

Where did I contradict myself? I made it clear that your government engaged in large scale land theft when they annexed Kafia Kingi and made it part of Darfur.

Claims by only your government aren't enough; the Chinese have not said that Sudan has those reseves, so what are you on about?

Don’t flip the whole racial inferiority complex thing on us... it's the North that committed its young men to fighting and dying for the Arabs in Iraq, Yemen and Libya.
At best 3,000 MW potential of hydropower for the entirety South Sudan, less than only 2 dams in the North. The largest dam that can be built (Fula) can't even surpass 900 MW.

How convenient that the source you linked doesn't mention the size of the Ugandan dams. The largest is the Karuma hydroelectric dam and is a measly 600 MW.

Well the South is good for pastoralism, did I ever claim it wasn't? Northerners should abandon that practice altogether.

Those fighting wars in the Middle East are paid a lot, so it has more to do with poverty rather than race. And the majority of them aren't even from Sudan but rather the landlocked Sahelian countries that join via Khartoum.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
@Asaana seems to have been present longer on this than @Nilotic but as a neutral, asaana is losing the fight at the moment. It seems he/she does not belong to the beja or other groups related to us somalis/horners.

@Nilotic Dinka blood has given him a fine edge, the 60% we share has made him a true prodigy in the art of FKD. @Asaana can recover at any moment though, he/she is a dangerous opponent!
Spongebob Squarepants Popcorn GIF

@Asaana seems to have been present longer on this than @Nilotic but as a neutral, asaana is losing the fight at the moment. It seems he/she does not belong to the beja or other groups related to us somalis/horners.

@Nilotic Dinka blood has given him a fine edge, the 60% we share has made him a true prodigy in the art of FKD. @Asaana can recover at any moment though, he/she is a dangerous opponent!
Spongebob Squarepants Popcorn GIF
Lol I think I did ok considering I only skimmed through his post. And I'm a she.

At best 3,000 MW potential of hydropower for the entirety South Sudan, less than only 2 dams in the North. The largest dam that can be built (Fula) can't even surpass 900 MW.

There's literally nothing in there speaking about a lack of space or topographical challenges. Juba couldn't even construct that small dam due to funding challenges, so logic should tell you that a lack of capital is the reason why larger dams haven't been constructed.

From your source:

South Sudan’s government says it is working towards reviving construction plans for the Fula Dam, a hydropower project which stalled due to an outbreak of conflict in late 2013.

The Fula Dam project idea dates from 2009 when Sudan and South Sudan were still one country. Back then, Juba and Khartoum set up an Implementation Committee, but the project was put on ice due to lack of funding and expertise when South Sudan became independent.

Until you can provide a source claiming that large dams can't be constructed on the White Nile, you should just drop this laughable claim.

How convenient that the source you linked doesn't mention the size of the Ugandan dams. The largest is the Karuma hydroelectric dam and is a measly 600 MW.

How convenient that you provided zero sources for your claim that topographical challenges and a lack of space are the reasons why large dams haven't been built on the White Nile.

Well the South is good for pastoralism, did I ever claim it wasn't? Northerners should abandon that practice altogether.

Because of water and pasture; I also want the Nilotes to move away from pastoralism, but it will require investments and subsidies.
Those fighting wars in the Middle East are paid a lot, so it has more to do with poverty rather than race. And the majority of them aren't even from Sudan but rather the landlocked Sahelian countries that join via Khartoum.

You do realise that we remember the scores of Southerners that were sent to fight for Saddam in the Iraq-Iran war? That war was largely between Persians and Arabs, but Sudan simply couldn't resist showcasing its Arab credentials.

We had compromised Southern soldiers coming back with nicknames like 'Al Iraqi'.

Khartoum has been importing in Arab tribes from Chad and beyond to demographically weaken the non-Arab tribes of Darfur for a little while now, so it's not surprising.

There's literally nothing in there speaking about a lack of space or topographical challenges. Juba couldn't even construct that small dam due to funding challenges, so logic should tell you that a lack of capital is the reason why larger dams haven't been constructed.

Until you can provide a source claiming that large dams can't be constructed on the White Nile, you should just drop this laughable claim.
The entire point went over your head, and the fact that you think a 600 MW and not-even-900 MW dam is large confirms my point. You can build small dams for farmers but let's not get delusion and act like the White Nile has the same hydro potential as the Blue Nile.

How convenient that you provided zero sources for your claim that topographical challenges and a lack of space are the reasons why large dams haven't been built on the White Nile.
Stop being lazy. Google Earth is free, now be a good boy and hover your cursor over your country until you find the ideal site for a large dam. It's not rocket science.

You do realise that we remember the scores of Southerners that were sent to fight for Saddam in the Iraq-Iran war? That war was largely between Persians and Arabs, but Sudan simply couldn't resist showcasing its Arab credentials.

We had compromised Southern soldiers coming back with nicknames like 'Al Iraqi'.

Khartoum has been importing in Arab tribes from Chad and beyond to demographically weaken the non-Arab tribes of Darfur for a little while now, so it's not surprising.
You let Khartoum ship you guys off like cattle to Iraq? No wonder Equatorians call Dinka slaves of Northerners and Arabs. Sudanese men don't even let their daughters marry Iraqis.

So what? Those Chadian Arab nomads originally came from Sudan unlike the Zaghawa.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
This FKD is absolutely mild, it seems only us somalis possess the rash FKD culture, others in the wider Northeastern region do not have this. I was expecting one langaab remark from the fighters.

Somali FKD is so biblical that it needed its own dungeoned section to hide our ceeb from ajanabis. It's truly amazing how one of the most genetically "inbred" ethnic groups out there has such seething divisions going on.

The entire point went over your head, and the fact that you think a 600 MW and not-even-900 MW dam is large confirms my point. You can build small dams for farmers but let's not get delusion and act like the White Nile has the same hydro potential as the Blue Nile.

No, it did not go over my head because the entire bone of contention was centred around irrigation, not electricity generation of the White Nile; provided that capital is availabe, we can build as many large dams for irrigation in South Sudan as needed.

Stop being lazy. Google Earth is free, now be a good boy and hover over your mouse over your country until you find the ideal site for a large dam. It's not rocket science.

I'm not being lazy; I just won't allow people to grandstand or change the original point of disagreement.

You let Khartoum ship you guys off like cattle to Iraq? No wonder Equatorians call Dinka slaves of Northerners and Arabs. Sudanese men don't even let their daughters marry Iraqis.

Who said anything about the Dinka? I said Southerners; our Nuer cousins were unfortunately doing Khartoum's bidding in that war while we stayed back fighting the poor Darfurians and Nuba grunts that the Khartoum-Omdurman Arabs would send into the battlefield.

No Equatorian actually believes that we're slaves of the Arabs or that they could fight better or endure suffering anywhere close to the degree that the Dinka have; we occupy almost the entire border region and are the only reason that those small, peaceful farmers down there in Juba didn't have to contend with any Arab populations.

The Equatorians literally only started fighting the Arabs in the 60s while we've been fighting the Arabs since the 13th Century; and we bore the brunt of that resistance.

Don't try to be clever, Asaana

So what? Those Chadian Arab nomads originally came from Sudan unlike the Zaghawa.

All Nilo-Saharans (like the Zaghawa) belong in Sudan, so don't try to make them outsiders.

Last edited: