Somali boy gets a buzz cut by a Sudanese man

A Sudani woman using Somali FKD language. Waa yaab iyo beautiful, wallahi.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC
The sister must have elevated Cushitic ancestry and just trying to reconnect with her proto-Cushitic roots

"Leo Africanus is probably referring to the Zaghawa when he speaks about 'Zingani" isn't a source, it's a hypothesis.

And a reasonable one at that; add the linguistic dimensions to it and it can't be so easily discounted.

Your actual source is from the 11th century so get a grip. Either way they came after Egyptians so let your claim rest in the grave.

My source on the 11th Century? I keep telling you that I only provided and cited two sources and they both dealt with Zaghawa having an ancient presence in Northern Darfur?

In addition to the other one intimating the Zaghawa with the Zingani, this is the other source:

After the Nubians and the Beja, the seminomadic Zaghawa are the third major pre-Arab group of the North. They have long occupied the deserts of northern Darfur and Kordofan provinces. In ancient times they raided Nubia and more recently fought with the Arabs, but they are now largely Arabized. (Area Handbook for the Democratic Republic of Sudan)

Leo Africanus is probably referring to the Zaghawa when he speaks about 'Zingani':

The king of Nubia maintained continual war partly against the people of Goran (who being descended of the people called Zingani, inhabit the deserts and speak a kind of language that no Nation understandeth) and partly against certain other people.

What other source did I provide and cite on the Zaghawa?

So we're calling your schizo assumption a mask off moment?

You revealed yourself and you should continue to fly under your true flag instead of flailing around trying to deflect.

It's truly pathetic of you to think that people would just believe your comment implied that you would only get really crossed if the Zaghawa didn't behave under the terms of your hosting protocol.

Again, can't believe you think this conspiracy theory counts as a source :

I'm guessing you've never wrote a research paper in your life bc wtf is this nigga? :umwhat:

How crass... what was that you were saying about hood-rats? This is like example 100 of you projecting.

I think I'm going to give a great deal more weight to the conclusions reached by multiple historians regarding populations instead of deferring to a megalomaniac on a discussion forum.

The Zaghawa are still much where they were in Leo's time, but the nomad Arabs have interposed to a larger degree between them and Nubia, and the only colony of them now between Darfur and the Nile is at Kagmar in Kordofan.

So yes, we host these people and if Khartoum wants to expel them to Chad then so what?

Right, so you "host" people that have been in Sudan for at least 900 years and reserve the right to expel them? Congratulations, you're insane.

the joker applause GIF

Darfur didn't even become part of Sudan until 1916, so any arguments to justify that would be entirely baseless.

Are you gonna try to stop them?

Why, would I stop them? It would just give people the impression that you have lost your marbles and that perhaps you should again be treated as a pariah State -- like when you were designated a State sponsor of terror.

It would be no skin off my nose.

Do you ever get tired of strawman?

You don't seem to know what a strawman is.

I know those bandits were roaming the Sahara desert for centuries, but only for a few centuries not "thousands of years" like you continuously bark without providing a source. "By Ziggers he's probably referring to the Zaghawa" :ayaanswag:

It's actually a pretty reasonable conclusion that multiple historians have come to, and the linguistic terms used by the Zaghawa point to interactions between them and other ancient Sudanese populations going back to the classical period.

Even if the 11th Century was the true entry point into Darfur, (which was considered part of the Niger-Chad region) expelling people for apparently residing in a territory for 800 years before it was even incorporated into Sudan (1916) is all kinds of deranged.

As late as the nineteenth Century, Darfur was considered, geographically, part of the Niger-Chad region, i.e Sultan Bello includes Darfur among Bilad al-Tukrur. (Islam in Tropical Africa)

Unlike you my reference to Chad is backed by a source that predates yours, so your constant barking is worthless.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

You're not making any sense here. Your source on the Zaghawa being 11th Century migrants to Darfur "predates" the only source I provided on the Zaghawa raiding the Nubians in antiquity?

I only touched on the activities of the Zaghawa in the 11th Century and I didn't provide a source for that. You're clearly imagining things.

The only sources I provided that explicitly mentions the Zaghawa is the one that says this:

After the Nubians and the Beja, the seminomadic Zaghawa are the third major pre-Arab group of the North. They have long occupied the deserts of northern Darfur and Kordofan provinces. In ancient times they raided Nubia and more recently fought with the Arabs, but they are now largely Arabized. (Area Handbook for the Democratic Republic of Sudan)

And this:

Leo Africanus is probably referring to the Zaghawa when he speaks about 'Zingani':

The king of Nubia maintained continual war partly against the people of Goran (who being descended of the people called Zingani, inhabit the deserts and speak a kind of language that no Nation understandeth) and partly against certain other people. (Islam in Tropical Africa)

In either case, do you realise how absolutely insane you actually sound trying to justify the idea of expelling an entire group from a Country because the lower end of their residency (900 years) isn't apparently long enough, even though it predates the incorporation of Darfur into Sudan by 800 years?

It's even more insane when considering the fact that Darfur was regarded as part of the Niger-Chad region up until the 19th Century.

LOL, so the Shilluk never had Malakal? That's like me saying the Ja'alin never had Shendi.

Yes, unlike you actually know about the history of the Shilluk; they were originally from Bahr El Ghazal and reached Malakal around the 15th Century.

Stick to history regarding the North -- even then you were proven wrong in past interactions.

Judging by this chain of events it seems at the end the Dinka lost Gezira but the Shilluk kept Upper Nile.

You mean the Dinka lost the area that was experiencing apocalyptic droughts and famines and in turn took better, larger lands from the Funj in Upper Nile when they moved South?

The area the Dinka took from the Funj just happens to be the area where 80% of the current oil production is sourced from.

Every time you speak on the history or the topography of South Sudan, you show your complete ignorance.

The claim that South Sudan doesn't have mountains and rocky hills (it has over 1400 named mountains) is debunked; engineers and experts would presumably be able to redirect White Nile waters into the many adjacent valleys in South Sudan.

That topographical claim is bunk.

And a reasonable one at that; add the linguistic dimensions to it and it can't be so easily discounted.

My source on the 11th Century? I keep telling you that I only provided and cited two sources and they both dealt with Zaghawa having an ancient presence in Northern Darfur?

In addition to the other one intimating the Zaghawa with the Zingani, this is the other source:

What other source did I provide and cite on the Zaghawa?

You revealed yourself and you should continue to fly under your true flag instead of flailing around trying to deflect.

It's truly pathetic of you to think that people would just believe your comment implied that you would only get really crossed if the Zaghawa didn't behave under the terms of your hosting protocol.

How crass... what was that you were saying about hood-rats? This is like example 100 of you projecting.

I think I'm going to give a great deal more weight to the conclusions reached by multiple historians regarding populations instead of deferring to a megalomaniac on a discussion forum.

Right, so you "host" people that have been in Sudan for at least 900 years and reserve the right to expel them? Congratulations, you're insane.

the joker applause GIF

Darfur didn't even become part of Sudan until 1916, so any arguments to justify that would be entirely baseless.

Why, would I stop them? It would just give people the impression that you have lost your marbles and that perhaps you should again be treated as a pariah State -- like when you were designated a State sponsor of terror.

It would be no skin off my nose.

You don't seem to know what a strawman is.

It's actually a pretty reasonable conclusion that multiple historians have come to, and the linguistic terms used by the Zaghawa point to interactions between them and other ancient Sudanese populations going back to the classical period.

Even if the 11th Century was the true entry point into Darfur, (which was considered part of the Niger-Chad region) expelling people for apparently residing in a territory for 800 years before it was even incorporated into Sudan (1916) is all kinds of deranged.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

You're not making any sense here. Your source on the Zaghawa being 11th Century migrants to Darfur "predates" the only source I provided on the Zaghawa raiding the Nubians in antiquity?

I only touched on the activities of the Zaghawa in the 11th Century and I didn't provide a source for that. You're clearly imagining things.

The only sources I provided that explicitly mentions the Zaghawa is the one that says this:

And this:

In either case, do you realise how absolutely insane you actually sound trying to justify the idea of expelling an entire group from a Country because the lower end of their residency (900 years) isn't apparently long enough, even though it predates the incorporation of Darfur into Sudan by 800 years?

It's even more insane when considering the fact that Darfur was regarded as part of the Niger-Chad region up until the 19th Century.

Yes, unlike you actually know about the history of the Shilluk; they were originally from Bahr El Ghazal and reached Malakal around the 15th Century.

Stick to history regarding the North -- even then you were proven wrong in past interactions.

You mean the Dinka lost the area that was experiencing apocalyptic droughts and famines and in turn took better, larger lands from the Funj in Upper Nile when they moved South?

The area the Dinka took from the Funj just happens to be the area where 80% of the current oil production is sourced from.

Every time you speak on the history or the topography of South Sudan, you show your complete ignorance.

The claim that South Sudan doesn't have mountains and rocky hills (it has over 1400 named mountains) is debunked; engineers and experts would presumably be able to redirect White Nile waters into the many adjacent valleys in South Sudan.

That topographical claim is bunk.
Not reading all that but the last paragraph unfortunately caught my eyes. When did I say South Sudan doesn't have mountains? Other than a coastline you don't have the rocky hills + basins combination necessary for large dams found in Northern and River Nile states; but that is okay. Just dig small reservoirs across the country. No need for expensive vanity projects that require Northern engineers. Here's a map so we can finally put this topic and your ignorance to rest.
UbYyrD9.png

Other than a coastline you don't have the rocky hills + basins combination necessary for large dams found in Northern and River Nile states; but that is okay. Just dig small reservoirs across the country. No need for expensive vanity projects that require Northern engineers.

The current trajectory of the EAC will likely remove or drastically reduce the costs associated with using foreign ports.

If the end result is that we can equally utilise a land (with over 80% of its territory being arable) through the construction of a series of smaller reservoirs, what was the point of disputing the vast agricultural potential of South Sudan in the first place?

The rest of Africa is available, so the use of Northern engineers would be pointless -- as long we remain hostile States.

I rarely lose arguments, but I'm big enough to concede on this particular matter concerning large dams.

This whole thing is especially painful because you're a Northerner; Wallahi, I would rather lose to the devil.

:fittytousand:

Well done, Asaana.

western clint eastwood GIF

You won this round of Sudanese FKD; we've had a few already.

As for all the Somali spectators watching this Sudanese FKD...

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

:mjcry::stressed:

Well, that was me at my most stubborn; I honestly didn't do enough research on dams and how they work.

I studied Marketing and really had no business dipping my toes into this matter, and should have read a lot more extensively on dams.

I think I did well in regard to Sudanese history.

@Shimbiris @Periplus

Was I too much?

Last edited:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
The current trajectory of the EAC will likely remove or drastically reduce the costs associated with using foreign ports.

If the end result is that we can equally utilise a land (with over 80% of its territory being arable) through the construction of a series of smaller reservoirs, what was the point of disputing the vast agricultural potential of South Sudan in the first place?

The rest of Africa is available, so the use of Northern engineers would be pointless -- as long we remain hostile States.

I rarely lose arguments, but I'm big enough to concede on this particular matter concerning large dams.

This whole thing is especially painful because you're a Northerner; Wallahi, I would rather lose to the devil.

:fittytousand:

Well done, Asaana.

western clint eastwood GIF

You won this round of Sudanese FKD; we've had a few already.

As for all the Somali spectators watching this Sudanese FKD...

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

:mjcry::stressed:
First time I’ve ever seen someone acknowledge they made a mistake on here, kudos

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Well, that was me at my most stubborn; I honestly didn't do enough research on dams and how they work.

I studied Marketing and really had no business dipping my toes into this matter, and should have read a lot more extensively on dams.

I think I did well in regard to Sudanese history.

@Shimbiris @Periplus

Was I too much?

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. Mashallah. I think even @Asaana can give you credit. And don't overthink so, akhi. You did fine. History stuff seemed fine to me too.

Trending

Latest posts