Somali army partiying

I’m basing my theory on the fact that Y-lineages correspond with the ethnogenesis of Somali clans. All the branches of Dir are HG-T (from the oldest to the youngest subclan). The same goes for Isaaq with more than half of Isaaq being HG-T, including smaller less known subclans such as Ayub, Toljeclo etc. This indicates that HG-T is the original Y-lineage of Dir and Isaaq.

Hawiye and Darod, based on test results, seem to be overwhelmingly E-V32. That is the origin Y-lineage of Hawiye and Darod. Indivuals from these two clans carrying J1, HG-L or HG-T are most likely descendants of assimilated individuals.
Again, like I said. What if all of Karanle turns out to be HG T? What if other Hawiye clans do? No need to assume everyone with that HG T is an assimilated Dir without more evidence.

Again, like I said. What if all of Karanle turns out to be HG T? What if other Hawiye clans do? No need to assume everyone with that HG T is an assimilated Dir without more evidence.

Most Hawiye are E-V32. That’s the original Y-lineage of the clan. If Karanle is the exception to the rule than it just strengthens my theory.

Karanle is the eldest born of Hawiye so no.

The majority of Hawiye are not HG-T so either Karanle are assimilated or the E-V32 Hawiye (the majority) are assimilated.

Higher probability that Karanle is assimilated. It’s not only based on haplogroup but their geographic location as well, being surrounded by Dir.

In the case of Dir and Isaaq it’s already established that the majority are HG-T and that’s the original lineage of these two clans when they were being formed.

Trending