So who were Somalis 5000 years ago?

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
That sounds interesting but I never heard of any ancient documents calling proto-Somalis as 'Samaale'. It'd be interesting to see those documents if they exist as you claim, especially since Somalis didn't have a written language at that time period......

'So maal' could mean different things but I never heard the connection with 'hospitality'. The old word for meat in Somali is "Soo" so some scholars say that "Somali" came from 'the people who ate/made meat' and meat is indeed popular in Somali cuisine like camel meat. I never knew of this "hispirality" thing though.

'Simur' isn't what habeshas called us, as far as I know and I'm sure it's factual, the term predates the word "Somali".

Hey Waaqo Punt, please stop pretending to be Somali. You're a Habesha lowlife troll.

The word "Somaal" was used in the 9th century by Al-Yaqubi. Somali tribes have been mentioned in the ancient times and early medieval times so it would be absurd to assume the Somali identity is new.

Somalis in the ancient times may not have written ancient records for themselves but there were ancient foreign sources that confirm their ethnic name and beautiful history.

Ali Jimale Ahmed a Somali historian collected ancient foreign documents to confirm Somali people being a couple of thousand years old. Just read his book called The Invention of Somalia.

Last edited:
Hey Waaqo Punt, please stop pretending to be Somali. You're a Habesha lowlife troll.

The word "Somaal" was used in the 9th century by Al-Yaqubi. Somali tribes have been mentioned in the ancient times and early medieval times so it would be absurd to assume the Somali identity is new.

Somalis in the ancient times may not have written ancient records for themselves but there were ancient foreign sources that confirm their ethnic name and beautiful history.

Ali Jimale Ahmed a Somali historian collected ancient foreign documents to confirm Somali people being a couple of thousand years old. Just read his book called The Invention of Somalia.
i got him banned again btw^ Alulaengida/Waaqo/NoSafety.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Lol. Until a Yemeni with T-Y44591 is found, my hypothesis is valid. Til then, I'm Somali Cushitic, with a Babylonian grandad. :sass2:
Capture+_2020-02-07-07-08-48.png

Capture+_2020-02-07-07-09-25.png

Capture+_2020-02-07-07-10-36.png

:gaasdrink:

Look at the last pic, one of the subclans is the Kuwaiti one with the same subclade as us.

So, these were the reported Kuwaitis? :hmm:

Still doesn't explain why our subclade is absent in Yemen. Makes me think that Alfaraj aren't actually descendants of Bani Malik, but may have joined them. Just like Somalis clans, Arab clans are also largely confederates.

All of this is speculation without further testing of T-haplogroup populations.

According to Wiki, Bani Malik live in Eastern Arabia, Bahrain and Iraq. You know who also lived there?:mybusiness:

Timo Jareer and proud

Still doesn't explain why our subclade is absent in Yemen. Makes me think that Alfaraj aren't actually descendants of Bani Malik, but may have joined them. Just like Somalis clans, Arab clans are also largely confederates.

According to Wiki, Bani Malik live in Eastern Arabia, Bahrain and Iraq. You know who also lived there?:mybusiness:
f*ck

The curse of being langaab. We don't even know who our abo's are! We are like the half Eursaian ancient versions of AA minus slavery. :yloezpe:

What's interesting is;

1) if the ancestor was indeed South Semite, why only one subclade? Like only one family migrated? Were they fleeing something?

2) These supposed migrants completely gave up their language and way of life to become Somali nomadic pastoralists?

:russ:

Timo Jareer and proud

What's interesting is;

1) if the ancestor was indeed South Semite, why only one subclade? Like only one family migrated? Were they fleeing something?

2) These supposed migrants completely gave up their language and way of life to become Somali nomadic pastoralists?

:russ:
1), the great dam in yemen collapsing possibly made them run away to Somaliland then they smash along with other familes (J1 niggas) then boom we come generations later.

2), our ancient hoyos were chads in the bedroom.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.

Aramaic was apparently was one of the main languages before Arabic spread like plague in Eastern Arabia. Banu Malik T might’ve come from the Levant after all. Everything seems to be pointing to the Levant

1), the great dam in yemen collapsing possibly made them run away to Somaliland then they smash along with other familes (J1 niggas) then boom we come generations later.

At first it may puzzle how this supposed small group of Ancient Arabian/Yemeni Migrants gave up their language & culture when they settled in Northern Somalia. However, many small groups of Men that have conquered new territory in human history often assimilate into the super-majority population they're ruling. For instance, Normans in Sicily & England and the Vikings in Russia etc.

Timo Jareer and proud

At first it may puzzle how this supposed small group of Ancient Arabian/Yemeni Migrants gave up their language & culture when they settled in Northern Somalia. However, many small groups of Men that have conquered new territory in human history often assimilate into the super-majority population they're ruling. For instance, Normans in Sicily & England and the Vikings in Russia etc.
These south semites culture was clearly thriving untill Islam came along and completely kabashed them.

You know how Cisse put symbols on their camels that resembles a script? Do you think it's a possible decedent of those sabaen inscriptions? It looks very similar to Ge'ez.

These south semites culture was clearly thriving untill Islam came along and completely kabashed them.

You know how Cisse put symbols on their camels that resembles a script? Do you think it's a possible decedent of those sabaen inscriptions? It looks very similar to Ge'ez.
Never seen such symbols on camels, could you post any pictures?

But why only one subclade? Think of a Somali tuulo, like Karin. Do you think every male in that tuulo belongs to the same Y DNA haplogroup, never mind the same subclade? If a natural disaster hits that town and people have to flee, surely more than one genetic lineage will escape? And that just a tuulo, imagine a city like Hargeisa and the number of different haplogroups and subclades.

Lol. But that should still leave some cultural remnants. Like a few south Semitic loanwords or cultural objects .
or tools.

There's a lot of unanswered questions about T-haplogroup in Somalis.

Trending

Latest posts