So who were Somalis 5000 years ago?

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
1), the J1 in Warsengeli's entered Somaliland around the same time as T1a. We could still all be refugee decedents (ironically)

2), there are some words in Northern dialect like wadaad or kaahin that have Semitic origins that aren't Arab. Somalis heavily islamifed themselves. If we killed off anything pagan related it would make sense we did the same for South Semitic tools.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Lol. But that should still leave some cultural remnants. Like a few south Semitic loanwords or cultural objects .
or tools.

There's a lot of unanswered questions about T-haplogroup in Somalis.

There are ? I remember reading about how much herding/animal vocabulary was shared between Southern Semitic languages and Somali (lo’, saac, xoolo...) I’ll try to find

1), the J1 in Warsengeli's entered Somaliland around the same time as T1a. We could still all be refugee decedents (ironically)

Someone with J1 from Somaliland needs to do a Yfull test. We also need a Hawiye with a T-haplogroup to do it, so we can better calculate the TMRCA.

2), there are some words in Northern dialect like wadaad or kaahin that have Semitic origins that aren't Arab. Somalis heavily islamifed themselves. If we killed off anything pagan related it would make sense we did the same for South Semitic tools.

Because of the amount of Arabic loanwords in Somali, it would be very difficult to say what is Arabic and what would be south Semitic.

I think maybe Geel might be a South Semitic loanword, since Yemenis also call camels Gaal/Gayl. That's something I've heard, though.

Somali language needs more studying too.

If there's a good chunk of E Dirs could the original Dirs be the E ones who assimilated T's and got outbred by them?

@Prince Abubu I remember reading somewhere on this site that Biyomaals were coming up E.

I think it was only one Biimaal individual that tested positive for E-V32. The other Biimaal and Gadsan (subclan of Biimaal) are HG-T.

With more testing we’ll see some discrepancies but it won’t change the current trends that we’re seeing.

@Alexis @Timo Madow and proud

Another thing worth considering is the complete absence of Semitic (non-arab) names in the genealogical abtirsi of Isaaq and Dir. They either have Somali names or Islamic ones. You would think if we had a Semitic ancestor, a few south Arabian names would slip in, here and there.:kanyeshrug:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
@Alexis @Timo Madow and proud

Another thing worth considering is the complete absence of Semitic (non-arab) names in the genealogical abtirsi of Isaaq and Dir. They either have Somali names or Islamic ones. You would think if we had a Semitic ancestor, a few south Arabian names would slip in, here and there.:kanyeshrug:
Koshin Ainanshe subclan of Habar Yoonis looks like it has a pretty Semitic name bur idk for sure

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
There are ? I remember reading about how much herding/animal vocabulary was shared between Southern Semitic languages and Somali (lo’, saac, xoolo...) I’ll try to find
First time I hear this, It'd be very cool if you tell us where did you read that?

Cushites do not descend from the Natufians. They descend from pre-proto-Egyptians.

PS. Modern unadmixed Yemenis today are the closest to Natufians of all populations.

Interesting. Please elaborate on the pre-proto-egyptian point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistoric_Egypt

What population would these have been? Paleolithic, Neolithic, Predynastic?

Does that mean outside of East Africa/Horn, Cushitic speakers share genetic affinity with the Copts? Or the ANA component in Cushitic speakers is the same as in Copts?

Trending

Latest posts