Sidr Honey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of places sell beginner beehive kits that comes with equipment and a queen bee, best to check that out and get one of those if some of you are serious about the whole bee keeping thing. That way you'll have some experience
The National Standard bee hive with a Standard Deep Box is the most commonly used bee hive in the U.K.
Everything is assembled - no DIY needed.
This kit includes:
  • National Standard Bee Hive, assembled, which includes:
    • Roof, 4 inches deep, vented, metal clad
    • Empty Extra Shallow box to house the feeder.
    • Crownboard with feeding and clearing holes
    • Standard Deep Brood Box complete with 11 Hoffman self spacing frames fitted with wired wax foundation and a dummy board.
    • Varroa Mesh Floor with Entrance Block and Inspection Tray.
  • White Beekeeping Vest and Zipped Hooded Veil - one size fits all
  • Beekeepers Hat and Hooped Veil - one size fits all
  • Leather Beekeepers Gloves
  • Bee Hive Smoker
  • Hessian Smoker Fuel
  • Hive Tool
  • Bee Brush
  • 4 Pint Feeder
  • Queen Bee Cage
This particular one goes for £219.00, the more advanced ones are more expensive
http://cornishhoney.co.uk/index.php?cPath=25

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Actually Manuka honey is the most rarest honey in the world. Very expensive too just like sidr.

Actually Manuka honey is the most rarest honey in the world. Very expensive too just like sidr if not more expensive.

But Manuka bushes doesn't grow in Somalia, we want things produced in Somalia only sxb :whoa:

They're both pretty expensive! I did some googling about and I think the source I used was a couple of years back.

If u ignore dodgy eBay vendors then Sidr honey goes for £75 for 500g whereas 500g of Manuka honey from holland and barrets is like £47.99

Interestingly enough H&B doesn't sell Sidr Honey, I believe it's the import prices jacking the entire thing up. Plus what with all the trouble in Yemen it's difficult to supply the demand :patrice:

Reign

VIP
But Manuka bushes doesn't grow in Somalia, we want things produced in Somalia only sxb :whoa:

They're both pretty expensive! I did some googling about and I think the source I used was a couple of years back.

If u ignore dodgy eBay vendors then Sidr honey goes for £75 for 500g whereas 500g of Manuka honey from holland and barrets is like £47.99

Interestingly enough H&B doesn't sell Sidr Honey, I believe it's the import prices jacking the entire thing up. Plus what with all the trouble in Yemen it's difficult to supply the demand :patrice:
Manuka honey is better than sidr in my opinion. It only grows in Australia and New Zealand. I think sidr honey is more expensive because the sellers are usually muslim and because of religious references to the honey the honey is made more expensive than it should be.

@Duke of Bohol do we have beekeepers or hives in Hargeisa?

Manuka honey is better than sidr in my opinion. It only grows in Australia and New Zealand. I think sidr honey is more expensive because the sellers are usually muslim and because of religious references to the honey the honey is made more expensive than it should be.

I wouldn't be able to tell u since I haven't tried neither of em :wow: Have you tried them?

I don't mind the high price tag. As long as ppl buy it i'm good :westbrookswag:

Reign

VIP
@Duke of Bohol do we have beekeepers or hives in Hargeisa?

I wouldn't be able to tell u since I haven't tried neither of em :wow: Have you tried them?

I don't mind the high price tag. As long as ppl buy it i'm good :westbrookswag:
Manuka honey tastes stronger and more tangy, sidr is more sweet and delicate. I prefer manuka, its also thicker in consistency.

You can make lots of money from sidr honey, its in high demand mostly from muslims.

Bohol

VIP
So they produce the honey and sell it to the locals? or do they distribute it further?

Might have to get my relatives to bring some 'samples' whenever they go So I can get it lab tested :damedamn:

It is usually for local use, I don't think it reached the level of commercial exports. If you want to
make quick bucks learn how to breed Scorpions and sell them as medicine.

:damedamn:

It is usually for local use, I don't think it reached the level of commercial exports. If you want to
make quick bucks learn how to breed Scorpions and sell them as medicine.

:damedamn:

Scorpions are disgusting. I'd rather set up a couple of hives back home and get ppl to send over the harvest every couple of months :browtf:

Do these have to be African scorpions? how much do they go for :damedamn:

@dhegdheer So where you wanna set up your business, in your village of Salahley? :lol:

Lmaooo I'm Hargeisa. Salahley looks like a tiny dusty village

>tfw u ask ur dad how much land costs in arabsiyo and he laughs at u and tells u that u have no business there because that ain't ur region :meleshame: horta why are somalis so stupid. Why can't u buy land even if ur not native to that region smh
@dhegdheer @Duke of Bohol honey producing Is useless and waste of time

95% of the ports are imported products :lol:

Stick to livestock its more easier and fun.

Somalia is ranked number one for most camel population !!

I'm not selling to Somalis dee, this is aimed at westerners

Plus everyone sells livestock, u need to stand out

Bohol

VIP
Lmaooo I'm Hargeisa. Salahley looks like a tiny dusty village

>tfw u ask ur dad how much land costs in arabsiyo and he laughs at u and tells u that u have no business there because that ain't ur region horta why are somalis so stupid. Why can't u buy land even if ur not native to that region smh

Your dad is a smart man. :yousmart: Stick to GX lands, there is plenty of opportunities there from farming to fisheries and your
land will be 100% safe in the event of conflict no one will try to steal it from you. However the fishery industry is in Sanaag, are you willing
to travel there.

:sass2:

Your dad is a smart man. :yousmart: Stick to GX lands, there is plenty of opportunities there from farming to fisheries and your
land will be 100% safe in the event of conflict no one will try to steal it from you. However the fishery industry is in Sanaag, are you willing
to travel there.

:sass2:

Maxan ka raba kaluun :damedamn:

Sanaag looks beautiful tho my dad promised me he'd take me there whenever we get a chance to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts