Question for Minnesota Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew people would gossip about a girl who doesn’t wear hijab. We’re the only Muslim community in America with such a strict dress-code.
:mjcry:
Would it only be gossipy habaryars who care about how I dress or would I also face some backlash from young people and Somali men for it?
No one will care as long as you don't go the sjw Madow beg route.

:susp:

No one will care as long as you don't go the sjw Madow beg route.

:susp:
Are you sure about that? I think people will talk shit regardless. I can only imagine the nightmare of pulling up in a short dress and highlights in my hair at Karmal mall. When I went there once on vacation, I saw nothing but women in big ass jilbabs and toddlers wearing scarves. Thank God I wore hijab that entire trip.
:damn:

You stand out wearing the hijab and I like blending in with the non-Muslims in California. That’s pretty much why I stopped wearing it.
:kanyeshrug:
Is that really why yall muslims sisters don't wear the hijab? come to birmingham the muslims colony and now one will even look in your direction. Only downside is that it's colonised by pakis and well is sort of a shithole. Lets give it 20 yrs and somalis will make up the majority of minnesota.

:chrisfreshhah:

Always Lit

Everybody lies, which ones are tolerable??
My family may move to Minnesota soon, and I’d like to ask a few questions before I go.

I have never lived around a big Somali community other than the time I went to Hargeisa as a kid, so I have no real idea of how Somalis are.

1. How would people react to someone who is not a hijabie? I also like to wear “Western” clothing, so jeans and even shorts. Basically the opposite of regular Somali attire.

2. Do people make fun of your lack of Somali language fluency? I remember all the little kids in Somaliland would joke around about our lack of language skills lol.

2. Tips for dealing with the weather? I have no idea how to navigate through snow.

These are all serious questions, so please no derailing. Thanks.
why u guys moving?

My family may move to Minnesota soon, and I’d like to ask a few questions before I go.

I have never lived around a big Somali community other than the time I went to Hargeisa as a kid, so I have no real idea of how Somalis are.

1. How would people react to someone who is not a hijabie? I also like to wear “Western” clothing, so jeans and even shorts. Basically the opposite of regular Somali attire.

2. Do people make fun of your lack of Somali language fluency? I remember all the little kids in Somaliland would joke around about our lack of language skills lol.

2. Tips for dealing with the weather? I have no idea how to navigate through snow.

These are all serious questions, so please no derailing.

drawing nearer to your daarood fate, i see. Soo dhawoow abaay
tenor (7).gif

:gaasdrink:

How old are you ? And mn is a chill ass place no ones gonna care if u don’t wear a hijab I see tons of girls like that already. The winters been getting warmer every year I swear it barley snowed this year

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Umm it’s a state part of the U.S after all so I don’t know why you are asking your question like you’re going to Hargeysa. Plenty of young Somali girls dress like you have described.

One little advice tho, don’t go to the Somali malls wearing shorts, not that anyone would say anything just a bunch of horny Faraxs standing around will make you feel uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts