Question for Minnesota Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
not at all...i'm just going by your statement of why you like mn so much. No shade at all.
leys be real a lot of black people are up to no good most of the time. Look up on the chicago statistics and you would know what im talking about

leys be real a lot of black people are up to no good most of the time. Look up on the chicago statistics and you would know what im talking about

Just phuckin with you man. Everyone wants to live in a safe neighborhood and if the safe ones are white in your neck of the woods then it makes sense for you to want to live there. I live in a black middle class neighborhood so i'm good.

Your relatives suffer in Minnesota because they are Hawiye. Tell them that they need to stop being Hawiye.
Lol my relatives don't suffer in MN, they simply told us a lot about gossiping/rumors there, including my relatives that are Darod. Somalis worldwide are gossipers and talk shit about girls so lets not make this about qabil

Also, Minnesota is hella diverse in qabil and is filled with plenty of Hawiye/Somalis. So to think that it's 90% Darod makes y'all liars/ignorant

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Most of my diaspora family (many many people) live in Minnesota, USA.

We Wuz the only ones to go to shitty Europe.
seems like rer europe lives in misery since yall often complain a lot i never seen north american somalis complain

Somalis gossip on another level wallahi. That’s why I was a little skeptical about some people here saying that people wouldn’t care about non-hijabies when we’ve got stricter dress codes than Arabs, Afghans, and Iranians in the West and even the Middle East in some cases.
:ayaanswag:
Unfortunately my parents have most likely made up their mind, so it seems like we’re definitely leaving LA soon.
:meleshame:
I do have one thing that I’m worried about though. Will people be outwardly hostile to someone not wearing the hijab? Of course I’d hate to be the subject of gossip behind my back, but I think it’d also be hard to deal with someone being rude to me for dressing the way that I want.
I don't think they'll be openly hostile. But you know Somalis, they'll gossip behind your back and spread bad rumors about your mom to the whole city.

If you don't wear hijab then beg your parents not to move there!!

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
@CaliSomali Just claim that you're from Cuckbooty and everyone will instantly understand. @Kingcobra tell her how they get down over there. Booty shorts and kissing boys is nothing over there.
:pachah1:

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Lol my relatives don't suffer in MN, they simply told us a lot about gossiping/rumors there, including my relatives that are Darod. Somalis worldwide are gossipers and talk shit about girls so lets not make this about qabil

Also, Minnesota is hella diverse in qabil and is filled with plenty of Hawiye/Somalis. So to think that it's 90% Darod makes y'all liars/ignorant

Our brother @Crow has never stepped foot in Minnesota, the guy is a born and bred Edmonton gangster.

I don't think they'll be openly hostile. But you know Somalis, they'll gossip behind your back and spread bad rumors about your mom to the whole city.

If you don't wear hijab then beg your parents not to move there!!
Thank you so much for the advice! I will definitely think it over if I wanna actually go to Minnesota and deal with all the gossip or simply just put on the hijab.
:mjcry:
I don’t want to be pressured to put on something that I personally don’t wanna wear, but I’ll consider it. Hopefully I’ll just stay here in California for a few more years and just let my parents move to Minnesota without me.
:mjohreally:
But if I do decide to go to Minnesota I’ll most likely still wear whatever I want to be honest. Screw all those jealous habaryars. I can look my best and they can stay in those big bags they call a jilbab. No way I’m dressing like I’m in Saudi Arabia when I look this good.
:mjswag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts