OFFICIAL SOMALILAND ELECTIONS 2021 THREAD

Who will get the majority?

• Total voters

Reborn
Yes I support a fairer clan distribution in both Parliament (lower house) and the cabinet.

Yes I agree.We need to move towards a representative voting system like most democracies which means more seats for Maroodi Jeex :mjohreally:
For example each constituency has like 20K registered voters.Members of each party compete in a constituency.This ain't the 90's where we have to accommodate everyone at our own expense.Clan distribution occurs in the Guurti and the cabinet too.However in parliament its off limits.Its ridiculous how it's easier to become a xildhibaan in Sool than Maroodi Jeex. 64000 voted in Sool for 12 seats. Maroodi Jeex 260K+ voted for 20 seats...

Last edited:

Reborn
Somalis will always vote clan wise until society hits a certain development stage where the middle class are educated enough to choose a candidate based on competence. This is why a clan representation in power is enevitable at the moment. People have to see themselves represented in power.

When i look at this thumbnail, I see all those men belong to a single clan ISAAQ, but the average isaaq see it different and in sub clans: HA, HY AND HJ. Which is wrong though, this why we must unite ISAAQ first. Every Isaaq must be taught at a young age that they belong to a single clan called ISAAQ and all those sub clan noises are useless and a waste of time.

PRESIDENT OF SOMALILAND: HA
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR: HJ
CHIEF OF POLICE: HY
CHIEF OF ARMED FORCES: HA

They all belong to ISAAQ and they all control everything. Ultimate power corrupts ultimately. Somaliland will have no choice but to share power if we are honest in bringing ICTIRAF. ICTIRAF will come when equal justice run supreme in Somaliland and all clans are presented in power in a fair and equal manner.

I kindly ask you to give us a break of the clan composition of the current cabinet...

2 party system can happen automatically under FPTP single-seat-constituency system. Almost everyone will choose sides between the top 2 parties. New party registrations opened up again lets see how things shake up

Isaaq should get 50% of everything as they are majority and the remaining 50% should be divided equaly between SAMAROON AND DBOCK for example: 25 % samaroon and 25 % Dblock, from the 25% samaroon we samaaroon will give 5% of that to ISSE CLAN as they are our brothers in blood even though most of them have left for DJIBOUTI.

Would you accept Awdal seats to be shared 50/50 between the majority Samaroon and the minority Ciise? If you cant do that why ask Isaaq to share 50/50 with minority clans?

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Would you accept Awdal seats to be shared 50/50 between the majority Samaroon and the minority Ciise? If you cant do that why ask Isaaq to share 50/50 with minority clans?
Will you accept to give seats for reer awdal in MAROODI JEEX as they live in western maroodi jeex aka Gabiley? Somaliland is a republic bro not a region. With greatness comes responsiblity. Power must be shared equaly not 75%+ for ISAAQ like the way things are today. That means it is ISAAQLAND and not SOMALILAND. NOBODY is willing to fight for this, in fact the minorities are waiting for Somalia to regain power and free them. This ISAAQ duty to bring justice because they know what injustice they have been through in kacaan era genocide.

On another note, if ISAAQS secede only for themselves, i think they will do just fine bro, in fact a solo republic will fit them. That is a republic for ISAAQS only. But claiming Somaliland and ruling awdal all the way to sool and sanaag when you know deep down there are other people living there, it is just not fair and equal.

Yes I agree.We need to move towards a representative voting system like most democracies which means more seats for Maroodi Jeex :mjohreally:
For example each constituency has like 20K registered voters.Members of each party compete in a constituency.This ain't the 90's where we have to accommodate everyone at our own expense.Clan distribution occurs in the Guurti and the cabinet too.However in parliament its off limits.Its ridiculous how it's easier to become a xildhibaan in Sool than Maroodi Jeex. 64000 voted in Sool for 12 seats. Maroodi Jeex 260K+ voted for 20 seats...
Representation is good too. Lets do another recount and lets see how much each clan measure and then percentage shared by the results. The statistic research must be fair though. We dont want to end up å la walanweyn scandal.

When it comes election, SOOL, SANAAG and AWDAL, i do not think people from there are that energized to vote like they do in MAROODI JEEX and other ISAAQs regions like TOGDHEER AND SAAXIL. If they think they getting a fair share, a lot more people will vote and participate.

Last edited:
Will you accept to give seats for reer awdal in MAROODI JEEX as they live in western maroodi jeex aka Gabiley? Somaliland is a republic bro not a region. With greatness comes responsiblity. Power must be shared equaly not 75%+ for ISAAQ like the way things are today. That means it is ISAAQLAND and not SOMALILAND. NOBODY is willing to fight for this, in fact the minorities are waiting for Somalia to regain power and free them. This ISAAQ duty to bring justice because they know what injustice they have been through in kacaan era genocide.

On another note, if ISAAQS secede only for themselves, i think they will do just fine bro, in fact a solo republic will fit them. That is a republic for ISAAQS only. But claiming Somaliland and ruling awdal all the way to sool and sanaag when you know deep down there are other people living there, it is just not fair and equal.

It is just hypocritical for you to demand Isaaq to share their seats 50/50 with you while denying your own Ciise brethren the same level of generosity and giving them only 5%.

When you can share Awdal seats 50/50 with your Dir brothers you can demand Isaaq to share 50/50 with you. Its only fair bro.

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
It is just hypocritical for you to demand Isaaq to share their seats 50/50 with you while denying your own Ciise brethren the same level of generosity and giving them only 5%.

When you can share Awdal seats 50/50 with your Dir brothers you can demand Isaaq to share 50/50 with you. Its only fair bro.
Im not demanding Isaaq to share 50% with Samaroon bro. 50% should be giving to all remaining clans that live in somaliland besides ISAAQ like Samaroon, Isse, Dhulbahante, Warsangeli and the others .. .etc

And i do not think there are many ISSE that live in AWDAL today. I heard most have left for Djibouti. It is symbolic gesture to give them 5%. Saylac as city should also be upgraded to grade A level as symbolic gesture for our ISSA BROTHERS.

Besides ISAAQ, Samaroon are the second largest clan in Somaliland population wise so technically we should be eating good after the ISAAQ anyways.

I think @angelplan suggested 50% power-sharing in upper chamber of parliament. Im not against it as a temporary fix. I think in the long-term it would be better to have a prime-minister system with FPTP election system. That would detribalize politics, create 2 party system, and allow non Isaaq leaders to directly deal with Isaaq leaders instead of an Isaaq JSL president dealing with minorities

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Im not demanding Isaaq to share 50% with Samaroon bro. 50% should be giving to all remaining clans that live in somaliland besides ISAAQ like Samaroon, Isse, Dhulbahante, Warsangeli and the others .. .etc

And i do not think there are many ISSE that live in AWDAL today. I heard most have left for Djibouti. It is symbolic gesture to give them 5%. Saylac as city should also be upgraded to grade A level as symbolic gesture for our ISSA BROTHERS.

Besides ISAAQ, Samaroon are the second largest clan in Somaliland population wise so technically we should be eating good after the ISAAQ anyways.

I have a number of issues with your comment there. Firstly, I think Samaroon have been eating good already, no other clan in Somaliland received as much representation in the top two seats of President and VP as Samaroons.

Secondly, Ciise do live in Awdal as the latest election results show. They might be a minority in the region, but their territory in Awdal is significant. You want to give them a token 5% share because you view them as minority, whilst simultaneously asking Isaaq to share 50/50 with all minorities.

It would only be fair if you would share 50/50 with minorities in Awdal, but you do not seem to be willing to do that.

I think @angelplan suggested 50% power-sharing in upper chamber of parliament. Im not against it as a temporary fix. I think in the long-term it would be better to have a prime-minister system with FPTP election system. That would detribalize politics, create 2 party system, and allow non Isaaq leaders to directly deal with Isaaq leaders instead of an Isaaq JSL president dealing with minorities

I would not mind sharing if Awdal was shared 50/50 between Ciise and Samaroons. I am using his own logic here.

He refuses to share Awdal 50/50 because he views Ciise as a minority, so how on earth can he demand Isaaq to share 50/50 with minority clans? It makes no sense.

I would not mind sharing if Awdal was shared 50/50 between Ciise and Samaroons. I am using his own logic here.

He refuses to share Awdal 50/50 because he views Ciise as a minority, so how on earth can he demand Isaaq to share 50/50 with minority clans? It makes no sense.

He didnt suggest sharing power 50/50. He didnt clarify but 50/50 was in the context of Guurti discussion

Under the plan of @angelplan presidency most likely remains elected and likely Isaaq, lower chamber mostly filled by elected Isaaq, and Guurti would be configured to have 50% Isaaq and 50% Jabarti/Irir. It would be similar to how USA gives same number of upper legislative chamber seats to all states in the Union

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
@Cirka

Giving ISSE 5% of the 25% SAMAROON have recieved from ISAAQ equals 20% power sharing. Yes Samaroon is being generous to Isse here because I doubt Isse make 20% of Awdal population. Samaroon easily makes more than 20% of entire Somaliland population. We dont have any other place to fall back on. I heard most ISSE left for Djibouti.

The Guurti should be equally as powerful as the lower house aka Wakiilada and the Guurti should be directly elected using a 3.5 clan system (Isaaq, Dir and Darod having each the same number of Guurti members and others having 0.5 ratio of the remaining seats of Guurti)

Why are you focused on Awdal when he's suggesting an equal share of power between all clans in the republic??
I agree everything angeplan is saying

If Somaliland does not change and things look the same in few years with ISAAQ DOMINATING THEIR PARTIES (KULMIYE, WADANI AND UCID) then we SAMAROON must open a party that protects our interests because we have had enough and have been lied to the entire time.

KULMIYE IS FULL OF HABAR AWAL, HABAR YONIS DOMINATES WADANI AND UCID IS RAN BY THE CAPITAL PEOPLE CALLED CIDAGALE) what are we SAMAROON gaining? from such a fraudulent system that is not even fair and democratic as they claim.
Tbh you should lame your politicians especially Dahir Riyaal Kahin who was the leader of UDUB party and after losing 2010 elections leaving the party and the country to France where he currently lives

The Guurti should be equally as powerful as the lower house aka Wakiilada and the Guurti should be directly elected using a 3.5 clan system (Isaaq, Dir and Darod having each the same number of Guurti members and others having 0.5 ratio of the remaining seats of Guurti)
The Guurti is already a powerful institution but I don't agree with them being elected directly cuz that goes against the notion of Guurtida as they should be elected or chosen by all clan elders in Republic and I agree that the number of Isaaq elders in the upper chamber needs to be reduced and be equal to frontier communities

Nah bro, stop with the 0.5 nonsense the south does. Many who in the south have large numbers but are push down with xoog and bullying. Somaliland to move forward needs to recognise the so called minorities.
It's why cirro went to dami before to secure votes and Barkhad got the most votes ever. We shouldn't marginalise the Gabooye and others in SL. Many who don't normally vote. Once SL can move forward and empower all their citizens with equal rights, is when we shall move forward as a nation. We need more Barkhads and inna mooge's. No pushing the tribal enclave nonsense. Equality and Education are needed to have more mature politics. Where people vote on ideals and not relations.

No mater what we are the majority, but that shouldn't mean taking the piss out of others.

@Cirka

Giving ISSE 5% of the 25% SAMAROON have recieved from ISAAQ equals 20% power sharing. Yes Samaroon is being generous to Isse here because I doubt Isse make 20% of Awdal population. Samaroon easily makes more than 20% of entire Somaliland population. We dont have any other place to fall back on. I heard most ISSE left for Djibouti.

No it does not.

You want Isaaq to share Somaliland 50/50 with minorities, at the same time you want Awdal to be shared 95/5 between Samaroon and Ciise.

In what world does that make sense? If you want Isaaq to give up some of their positions to you, you should be willing to give up some of your positions to your Ciise brethren, this goes both ways.

Let me ask you a question, would you share power with Ciise in Awdal 50/50?

Why are you focused on Awdal when he's suggesting an equal share of power between all clans in the republic??
I agree everything angeplan is saying

Because on one hand demanding 50% of Somaliland's political power be handed to minorities while not willing to share power in Awdal with minorities is a hypocritical stance.

Trending

Latest posts