OFFICIAL SOMALILAND ELECTIONS 2021 THREAD

Who will get the majority?

• Total voters
I'm sorry to say this guys but maybe Somaliland has it's own version of 'qaran dumis' aka the opposition

Waddani are turning themselves into a joke of a party. They literally will claim everything and anything, without ever producing a shred of evidence. Hard to see how they can continue to be seen as a legitimate opposition party whilst behaving like a conspiracy cult.

Waddani are turning themselves into a joke of a party. They literally will claim everything and anything, without ever producing a shred of evidence. Hard to see how they can continue to be seen as a legitimate opposition party whilst behaving like a conspiracy cult.

They are amateurs, they had political momentum after the election, instead of using that smart and show themselves as the better alternative, they have become a bunch QAnon-like losers.

They are amateurs, they had political momentum after the election, instead of using that smart and show themselves as the better alternative, they have become a bunch QAnon-like losers.
And that is a loss to Somaliland. We need a legitimate opposition party to hold the government accountable. Waddani throwing all sorts of shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, is not how an effective opposition behaves.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Apparently today/tomorrow is the official day when opening of new parties getting registered.

rumours are udub are making a comeback with riyaale behind the scenes

Apparently today/tomorrow is the official day when opening of new parties getting registered.

rumours are udub are making a comeback with riyaale behind the scenes
That'd be huge. I'd heard rumours of that a little while back but I didn't think it was likely. The rumour back then was that Jamaal Cali Xuseen, the ex Citi Group Africa CEO, would be their Presidential candidate.

It would likely send shock waves through the current main parties.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
That'd be huge. I'd heard rumours of that a little while back but I didn't think it was likely. The rumour back then was that Jamaal Cali Xuseen, the ex Citi Group Africa CEO, would be their Presidential candidate.

It would likely send shock waves through the current main parties.
Indeed good news cause Kulmiye will continue to dominate if we just have shitty opposition like wadani who are just a reactionary party. Nothing but smear campaign on Kulmiye instead of finding solutions to show us why they are better party imo.

Indeed good news cause Kulmiye will continue to dominate if we just have shitty opposition like wadani who are just a reactionary party. Nothing but smear campaign on Kulmiye instead of finding solutions to show us why they are better party imo.
True. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Udub draws most of its support away from Kulmiye. If those three parties (Udub, Kulmiye and Waddani) end up as the main three, that might actually help Waddani. I don't see current supporters of Waddani jumping ship, so Kulmiye and Udub would end up splitting the current Kulmiye votes. That would be favourable to Waddani. Waddani are useless but they have a support base that is very loyal to them.

A lot would depend on who'd lead Udub.

Waddani did a nice job leading upto the election where the opposition shut out Kulmiye. But its also good to have healthy competition. It looks like jeegan might turn on each other incase UDUB comes back. In that scenario, Waddani and UCID each have a loyal base. That gives us 2 out of the 3 legal political parties.

Let the hunger games between UDUB and Kulmiye commence so we can have 3 out of 3 parties

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Wadani should act smart and capitalize on their gains instead of behaving like UCID and Faisal Warabe.

I am pretty sure UDUB will likely draw most of its supporters from the opposition parties WADANI and UCID. Lots of disenfranchised samarones will finally have a party of their own so we can hold ISAAQ in particular accountable and SOMALILAND in general accountable.

UDUB will most likely be PRO KULMIYE in most cases.

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
I really pray and hope and dream UDUB makes a comeback or Samarones get a party of their own. We need real checks and balance for the goverment because im afraid to live in shit show where internal Isaaq sub clans have parties of their own and create havoc for the rest of the society.

We all know somalis view everything through clan lenses. Kulmiye HA, Wadani HY and UCID cidagale. We need a Samarone party of our own, so our views on things can matter and if people choose us then so be it because at then end of day the majority are ISAAQS.

ZodiaK

VIP
1627981260870.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts