OFFICIAL SOMALILAND ELECTIONS 2021 THREAD

Who will get the majority?

• Total voters
I can't definitely say money hasn't been exchanged "under the table" but unless there is credible evidence of bribery then we should be careful in what we say.

Although out of the 3 party heads he's the closest to me clan wise, I am a critic of Faisal Warabe and would never dream of voting for him. He and his party are serial losers and the fortunes of UCID will never improve until a new chairman is chosen to replace adeer Faisal. If he continues to be at the helm even after 20 years then UCID will soon cease to exist like UDUB

@Gantaal97 bro Wadani should not expect anything from useless UCID, they're a shambles and their newly elected MPs have no loyalty to Faisal whatsoever. The reason Bihi and Kulmiye were relaxed about the recent parliamentary election is because they knew (I think) that they can rely on rogue UCID lawmakers to team up with them

Although out of the 3 party heads he's the closest to me clan wise, I am a critic of Faisal Warabe and would never dream of voting for him. He and his party are serial losers and the fortunes of UCID will never improve until a new chairman is chosen to replace adeer Faisal. If he continues to be at the helm even after 20 years then UCID will soon cease to exist like UDUB
This. My big hope for the next political association elections is that I hope UCID crashes and Waraabe is banished. He is a toxic talkinghead who has no business running a party.

I hope a credible third party emerges. The future of Somaliland politics is young, likeable, energetic people like Barkhad & Ina Axmed Mooge. I hope they create a more progressive party that gets away from the toxicity that the likes of Waraabe like to roll around it.

@The Crowe exactly I'd love Abdikarim Mooge (along with Barkhad) to form their own new party and be a youth centred party that strongly campaigns against both clanism and Somali unionism
I'm absolutely on board with that.

We should push back the political association elections until at least 2023, for the reasons I mentioned earlier in this thread. The primary focus election wise should be the Presidential and Guurti elections.

One of the positive side affects that that will have, is that it gives these newer, younger guys a little bit of time to prove themselves to some of the older people that are a bit skeptical about them at the moment. For example, it would give Cabdikariim Mooge some time to make progress as Mayor of Hargeisa, developing the city further. With that he'd have more political capital, possibly enough to establish a strong third party.

@The Crowe I'm concerned that Faisal and the government are cooking up a deal whereby the selection of new political parties is either delayed or worse the current 3 parties are given a new licence for another decade automatically

Being very cynical, I could say that the "rogue" UCID MPs aligning with Bihi might secretly have been told to do so by Faisal himself as part of this deal

@The Crowe I'm concerned that Faisal and the government are cooking up a deal whereby the selection of new political parties is either delayed or worse the current 3 parties are given a new licence for another decade automatically

Being very cynical, I could say that the "rogue" UCID MPs aligning with Bihi might secretly have been told to do so by Faisal himself as part of this deal

I wouldn't put it past them, and like you that would be incredibly concerning for anyone that wants a better future for JSL.

There is a couple of things that give me hope that the above wouldn't be allowed to happen.
  1. The Guurti would have to grant such an extension. As much as the Guurti has been generally useless, I don't think that they would be coerced into something like that. The Guurti relies a lot on the public being behind them. The public would turn on them very quickly if it was believed that the Guurti was just a pawn of a government/UCID coalition.
  2. Gone are the days that a lot of this stuff could happen cloak and dagger style behind closed doors. We have a very politically aware electorate in Somaliland today. They have more access to media, especially social media, which is a media that is better informed and has better sources than ever before. Such a deal as the one above would quickly come to light. I strongly believe that an electorate which showed up in the numbers it did last month, which went to the great lengths it did to ensure its vote matter, would allow their democracy to be side swept like that. For me, that includes people who would normally support the government or UCID.

TL;DR, I don't think reer Somaliland would allow such a scheme to go through.

Last edited:

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
We should eliminate UCID totally. I would prefer a two party system in Somaliland (Kulmiye and Wadani meaning in english respectivly UNITER and PATRIOT). In my understand UCID does not bring anything meaningful to the table except being ''sidechick'' for the two main parties. Today she sleeps with Kulmiye tomorow she will sleep with Wadani. Lots of parties do hinder development as they bring unnecessary discussions all the time.

China has one party system and if the have brought different parties to their system i highly doubt they would have developped. India has follow the western model of democracy, look what it got them today, they are far behind China in all aspects of life.

Although I want Somaliland to be inspired by the west in democratic form, but we have to look ourselves in the mirror and realize we are black and in third world continent africa. Opening different party forms will just open the gates of all those nosey people who think they will achieve a lot with simply being a MASS SPEAK OF BULLSHIT LIKE THE CRAZY UCID LEADER CALLED FAISAL AKA THE WARABE.

Somaliland should focus on TWO PARTY SYSTEM FREE FROM CLANS AND BASED ON LEFT AND RIGHT IDEOLOGIES. One party should liberal and pro MINORITY while the other party should be conservative and pro SNM. That is the perfect balance.

Last edited:

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
If Somaliland does not change and things look the same in few years with ISAAQ DOMINATING THEIR PARTIES (KULMIYE, WADANI AND UCID) then we SAMAROON must open a party that protects our interests because we have had enough and have been lied to the entire time.

KULMIYE IS FULL OF HABAR AWAL, HABAR YONIS DOMINATES WADANI AND UCID IS RAN BY THE CAPITAL PEOPLE CALLED CIDAGALE) what are we SAMAROON gaining? from such a fraudulent system that is not even fair and democratic as they claim.

Last edited:
If Somaliland does not change and things look the same in few years with ISAAQ DOMINATING THEIR PARTIES (KULMIYE, WADANI AND UCID) then we SAMAROON must open a party that protects our interests because we have had enough and have been lied to the entire time.

KULMIYE IS FULL OF HABAR AWAL, HABAR YONIS DOMINATES WADANI AND UCID IS RAN BY THE CAPITAL PEOPLE CALLED CIDAGALE) what are we SAMAROON gaining? from such a fraudulent system that is not even fair and democratic as they claim.
Agreed. Proactive efforts have to be made to ensure non-Isaaq leaders are prioritized for party leaderships.

Reborn

All the MP's in Awdal accept for one are Samaroon.What more do you want :heh:
In terms of ministers I am sure the numbers are fair and the VP is Samaroon. You've held either President or Vice since 1995 :drakekidding:

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
Agreed. Proactive efforts have to be made to ensure non-Isaaq leaders are prioritized for party leaderships.
ISAAQS are the chosen ones unfortunately they are in deep sleep after they fought hard to liberate the land, we SAMAROON must wake them up. WE HAVE AN ENTIRE NATION TO GAIN FOR OURSELVES. WE DONT WANT TO BE RULED FROM THE SOUTH. ONLY ISAAQS CAN SAVE US ALL. BUT IN ORDER for ISAAQ TO SAVE US ALL, they must first learn to be fair and equal for everyone and not just themselves.

@angelplan I would also back a two party system as this would bring more political stability. Guess what I'd make the leader of every political party always Gadabursi plus I would replace our presidential system for a parliamentary or semi presidential form of governance

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
@angelplan I would also back a two party system as this would bring more political stability. Guess what I'd make the leader of every political party always Gadabursi plus I would replace our presidential system for a parliamentary or semi presidential form of governance
I dont think choosing a president because he is GADABURSI to be the right thing. In fact a GOOD AND DECENT ISAAQ PRESIDENT CAN ALSO DO THE SAME THING. That is why i still believe MUSE BIHI can go down in history as the best somaliland president if he gives samaroon true sami qaybsi.

The problem is that ultimate power corupts ultimately. That is why Isaaq today control everything from A to Z, that means ISAAQ are 100% CORRUPTED SOULS because they are DRUNK ON POWER and that bring internal ISAAQ instability.They should relinquish a bit power and just sit back and enjoy the show. Basically the minority themselves will fight to keep the system and they will bring ICTIRAF THEMSELVES.

If i was ISAAQ and PRESIDENT OF SOMALILAND, I will bring ICTIRAF WITHIN 100 days of presidency. Basically i will share the power with the other clans, I will keep HALF THOUGH just in case shits hits the fan. Isaaq should get 50% of everything as they are majority and the remaining 50% should be divided equaly between SAMAROON AND DBOCK for example: 25 % samaroon and 25 % Dblock, from the 25% samaroon we samaaroon will give 5% of that to ISSE CLAN as they are our brothers in blood even though most of them have left for DJIBOUTI.

ISAAQ can save us all WALLAHI. It all depend on what kinda person they are. If they get gready they will loose the union and a nation, if they become generous they will save us all and get recognition instantly as the minorities themselves will fight to protect the system since they gain a lot from it.

@angelplan great idea. Would you agree that if the party leaders came from different clans/sub clans voters would just choose the party who's leader is the most closest to them clan wise. I support the leader of every party belonging to the same sub clan so that voters will no longer vote along clan lines

angelplan

Staff Member
2020 CHESS CHAMP
BORAMA, AWDAL
@angelplan great idea. Would you agree that if the party leaders came from different clans/sub clans voters would just choose the party who's leader is the most closest to them clan wise. I support the leader of every party belonging to the same sub clan so that voters will no longer vote along clan lines
Somalis will always vote clan wise until society hits a certain development stage where the middle class are educated enough to choose a candidate based on competence. This is why a clan representation in power is enevitable at the moment. People have to see themselves represented in power.

When i look at this thumbnail, I see all those men belong to a single clan ISAAQ, but the average isaaq see it different and in sub clans: HA, HY AND HJ. Which is wrong though, this why we must unite ISAAQ first. Every Isaaq must be taught at a young age that they belong to a single clan called ISAAQ and all those sub clan noises are useless and a waste of time.

PRESIDENT OF SOMALILAND: HA
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR: HJ
CHIEF OF POLICE: HY
CHIEF OF ARMED FORCES: HA

They all belong to ISAAQ and they all control everything. Ultimate power corrupts ultimately. Somaliland will have no choice but to share power if we are honest in bringing ICTIRAF. ICTIRAF will come when equal justice run supreme in Somaliland and all clans are presented in power in a fair and equal manner.

Trending