My mother wants me to marry back home (somaliland)

My mother and older sister (who got married in America) both suggested that I marry back home. I'm 22 years old and I'm currently a mid-level software engineer making $250K in Columbus, Ohio. She told me she will find me a beautiful pious girl and that there’s more to choose in somaliland. I think I’m confident enough that I can find a wife here but I haven’t been there so I don’t know if I should turn down that offer. I'm confused why my mother who has 5 daughters that grew up in America would want her son to marry back home. Who will marry the girls in America?

Looool there was a similar thread a while ago. We know where this is heading.

Nice try though.

This will be the formula:

1. Guys here will tell you to marry from back home and then begin to insult Western girls.

2. Some people will start to defend Western girls and then maybe insult girls back home.

3. Verdict. Marry who you want and who you feel you can connect with.

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
250k Mid level Software engineer in Columbus.

cap-doktor-cap.gif

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
250k and cant pull a Somali wife in Ohio? Are you severely autistic? Women would throw themselves at you since you are High Value.

Leave the marrying back home to poor plebs like me :heh:

World

VIP
How can you be a mid level software engineer earning $250k at 22? :camby:

At 22 you are a graduate and won’t be making that much money even at fanng companies at California let alone fucking ohio.

My mother and older sister (who got married in America) both suggested that I marry back home. I'm 22 years old and I'm currently a mid-level software engineer making $250K in Columbus, Ohio. She told me she will find me a beautiful pious girl and that there’s more to choose in somaliland. I think I’m confident enough that I can find a wife here but I haven’t been there so I don’t know if I should turn down that offer. I'm confused why my mother who has 5 daughters that grew up in America would want her son to marry back home. Who will marry the girls in America?

What did your mother and sister see girls in the West that they don't want you to marry them?

Do it, you don’t want to waste ur time on a modern halimo crap go and find a innocent Somali girl. From a poor ass village. She will shut up and cook and clean while you go chase ur dreams.

Is it your mom or you who will live and have kids with your future wife? If not then you should choose for yourself and don't let your mom dictate who you marry...

akhi, if you making that much in Columbus then you might be nacas(savant) and your folks want you to marry some miskiin reer baadiye chick who will tie your shoes.

akhi, if you making that much in Columbus then you might be nacas(savant) and your folks want you to marry some miskiin reer baadiye chick who will tie your shoes.
Lool I didn't think about that. I can see some weird mothers maybe become a bit controlling with regards to who her sons marry if he has a handsome pay check. With a girl back home, she can have more control of the earnings as the cost of living is cheaper and whilst he is in America and the wife is in Somalia, she can make him stay home and he'll be in charge of his brothers and sisters and the entire household. If he is married to a Western Somali girl, he'll have to forge his own household and focus mostly on that.

Last edited:
Have you tried to ask your mother that question? It seems like she’s the one who has the most insight into her reasoning. Most of our parents only want the best for us so she must see something good back home for you that she doesn’t see here. Our parents also have a different perspective than us as we grew up here and have to cope with many things they didn’t face. At the end of the day, her idea is only a suggestion. You have the final say about who you want as your wife and mother of your possible future awlaad.

250k. Columbus. 22yrs old. I smell cap.

They don't pay that well in this area. Unless you work remotely for some company elsewhere, which still, wouldn't pay you that much since you're a young grad. :gaasdrink:

How can you be a mid level software engineer earning $250k at 22? :camby:

At 22 you are a graduate and won’t be making that much money even at fanng companies at California let alone fucking ohio.
Do you not realize software engineers/developers are extremely scarce today? Go look up basic front end jobs on google. You can make easily 500k between a job, freelance, consultant work, and side business if you put in the effort. I would link my portfolio and linked in but I don’t want to be exposed lol.

250k Mid level Software engineer in Columbus.

cap-doktor-cap.gif
Do you not realize software engineers/developers are extremely scarce today? Go look up basic front end jobs on google. You can make easily 500k between a job, freelance, consultant work, and side business if you put in the effort. I would link my portfolio and linked in but I don’t want to be exposed lol.

Trending

Latest posts