Mortgage

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Some people are comfortable renting for the rest of their lives, I'm not. Living paycheck to paycheck is stressful, and I need assurances.

It’s not impossible to pay for your own house by lump sum if you aren’t super selective about where you live. Right now I live where the price for property is one of the highest in the world and I could buy a relatively decent place if I saved for about a decade.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
When I say Somalia im including Galbeed lol, I have family there too. Unless you and @NotMyL some amhara tuulo it’s the same idea.

Not really I know many families who left to places like Egypt and Malaysia.

Anyway I’m not trying to convince anyone brother I could be 120% wrong I just really wanted to see what others thought about my personal opinion or if I could learn something from you all.

thank you
My family is from Muqdisho :gucciwhat:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Obviously interest is haram, if you knowingly take loan with interest you are committing sin. What I don’t understand tho is how Somali sheikhs will tell you mortgage is bad but how do you think they acquired the masjids? You really think they dropped cash? They took a loan on it yet they make everyone feel bad for doing the exact same thing.
Benefit fraud and cheating the government is fine but interest is not fine

We're so backwards
:russ:

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
10 years of rent isn't cheap...

I’m not making a cost benefit analysis just pointing out it’s possible to acquire property in the west without riba. The easiest choice is not always the morally correct one, I find that it almost always isn’t actually.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Alhamdulilah

Imagine paying nearly 2k a month to pay off someone else’s mortgage? Where they can kick you out whenever they want. Whereas you can pay basically the same amount and own the place for you and your family in a few years. It’s ridiculous.

Idk about the rent to mortgage ratio in other countries but it’s about the same here.
See all the older Somali still live in the ghetto they arrived to 20+ years ago? While all the other Muslims been moving from one house to a better one or renting out their old house and building a small real estate portfolio. Haram they tell you haram
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

So backwards

Last edited:

Exodus

Alienist
I’m not making a cost benefit analysis just pointing out it’s possible to acquire property in the west without riba. The easiest choice is not always the morally correct one, I find that it almost always isn’t actually.
There's nothing morally correct about being living in the ghetto, whilst scamming Western governments for welfare. Somalis need to start owning property, I don't care how - they're far too comfortable being at the bottom.

Enough, we're not getting anywhere with this, our values are too far apart. Let's agree to disagree.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
There's nothing morally correct about being living in the ghetto, whilst scamming Western governments for welfare. Somalis need to start owning property, I don't care how - they're far too comfortable being at the bottom.

Enough, we're not getting anywhere with this, our values are too far apart. Let's agree to disagree.

I agree, fraud isn’t morally correct and if someone said it was I would protest as vehemently as I do when someone tries to make excuses for riba. Sacrificing ones values, and if we are both Muslims ours must overlap quite a bit, for material benefit is wrong.

We can agree to disagree though that’s fine.

I agree, fraud isn’t morally correct and if someone said it was I would protest as vehemently as I do when someone tries to make excuses for riba. Sacrificing ones values, and if we are both Muslims ours must overlap quite a bit, for material benefit is wrong.

We can agree to disagree though that’s fine.
You’re right brother I think he and I just mean a lot of Somalis are willing to engage in those things while looking down on mortgage. I’m sure they all mean well but a lot of areas they’re in are not the best and kids turn out joining gangs etc.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I haven't read the other posts but Interest is unavoidable you're taxes and currency is focused around a CENTRAL BANK that literally runs off interest anyways.

My parent's got a mortgage when I was a little kid on our home and we still live there comfortably alx

TLDR Would I get a Mortgage? Yes Home Ownership>>>Renting

I haven't read the other posts but Interest is unavoidable you're taxes and currency is focused around a CENTRAL BANK that literally runs off interest anyways.

My parent's got a mortgage when I was a little kid on our home and we still live there comfortably alx

TLDR Would I get a Mortgage? Yes Home Ownership>>>Renting
And it shows! You’re a lot more emotionally stable, empathic and reasonable then many on here.

Homes > Ghettos

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Obviously interest is haram, if you knowingly take loan with interest you are committing sin. What I don’t understand tho is how Somali sheikhs will tell you mortgage is bad but how do you think they acquired the masjids? You really think they dropped cash? They took a loan on it yet they make everyone feel bad for doing the exact same thing.
YESS!!! The "Islamic Banks" literally start out from loans from Western banks anyways so it's really just second degree riba going on
The good thing about Islamic banking is lack of interest. @embarassing the thing that makes mortgages haram is the riba aka interest.
Islamic banking is a fallacy these days sadly

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
And it shows! You’re a lot more emotionally stable, empathic and reasonable then many on here.

Homes > Ghettos
No it's not that trust me. Growing up in a White neighbourhood but not indulging in the parties and stuff is what did the trick. So I stayed away from both. Trust me If I was a party guy in High School I could've just as easily gone off the rails despite my nice area