Mortgage

How many of you would or have taken a mortgage for your home?

I know some people say it’s haram but living in the west and paying taxes is the same thing. What’s the point of paying rent to someone else for them to pay off their mortgage and eventually own it themselves. Sounds like a silly waste of money.

I’ve always thought this thought process was bizarre and lazy.

What do you all think?

Lmao
The transaction is between you and the person, what they do once you give it to them it’s their liability. Your niyyah was to pay rent in a halal way.

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab relates that he heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, say, "Verily actions are by intentions, and for every person is what he intended. So the one whose hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger, then his hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger. And the one whose hijrah was for the world to gain from it, or a woman to marry her, then his hijrah was to what he made hijrah for." [Agreed upon]

I thought you were Muslim

Anyways as Muslims you should be concerned with preparing for the next life and not setting down roots in this duniya. Nothing wrong with accumulating wealth but you have to play by the rules.

Taking out a mortgage would take years to pay off which means you will be preoccupied with that.

Also you wouldn’t get no ajar for anything good you do within that house. The guests you feed or raising a Muslim family will amount to nothing.

But we all sin I guess.

Last edited:

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
I consider it a bit different from taxes, because for one, taxes are deducted automatically from my pay while I would have to voluntarily take a loan from the bank.

The transaction is between you and the person, what they do once you give it to them it’s their liability. Your niyyah was to pay rent in a halal way.

Umar Ibn Al-Khattab relates that he heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, say, "Verily actions are by intentions, and for every person is what he intended. So the one whose hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger, then his hijrah was to Allah and His Messenger. And the one whose hijrah was for the world to gain from it, or a woman to marry her, then his hijrah was to what he made hijrah for." [Agreed upon]
What about the taxes you pay here? Is that not riba?

I thought you were Muslim
I’m *extremely* Muslim. I started my time out here having religious cyber battles.

Not that I’m particularly good or practicing well, but I mean I extremely* believe in it lol. Weird that needs to be said on here.

This mortgage thing is just an opinion of mine and I would rather buy and own my own place then pay rent for years for someone else to town it and their children inherit it.

If you’re in the way you’re paying taxes anyway if you choose to continue living here. Why not for good reasons and intentions.

Allah swt judges by intentions.

Refer to my above response aboowe ^

I consider it a bit different from taxes, because for one, taxes are deducted automatically from my pay while I would have to voluntarily take a loan from the bank.
Lol well you could move, if you really thought it was haram. If not I don’t see the difference.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Lol well you could move, if you really thought it was haram. If not I don’t see the difference.

Moving to another country is really difficult, and there’s some debate on that if paying taxes in western countries is haram because that would basically mean that living in western countries full stop is haram, which is a view some hold but nothing unanimous.

Riba however is known by all to be haram, so I would not do it, and even if paying taxes is also haram why would I then want to add to my sins?

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Taxes and mortgage are not the same. Riba is listed exclusively as something that is haram. But ultimately people do whatever they want.

Moving to another country is really difficult, and there’s some debate on that if paying taxes in western countries is haram because that would basically mean that living in western countries full stop is haram, which is a view some hold but nothing unanimous.

Riba however is known by all to be haram, so I would not do it, and even if paying taxes is also haram why would I then want to add to my sins?
lol no offence but make it make sense to me? We are forced to pay riba because of where we live, mortgage is haram (although it would do a lot of good for the fam) but the riba we pay everyday is cool?

This is nothing but an opinion to me, and a faulty one. I still demand a nice house and a mortgage. Never rent.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
lol no offence but make it make sense to me? We are forced to pay riba because of where we live, mortgage is haram (although it would do a lot of good for the fam) but the riba we pay everyday is cool?

This is nothing but an opinion to me, and a faulty one. I still demand a nice house and a mortgage. Never rent.

How do we pay riba everyday? Unless you mean our tax monies paying governmental loans and stuff which would fall under the aforementioned taxes, avoiding riba is quite easy if you avoid debt.

It sounds like it’s greed that drives you, audhubillah your last two sentences, be more happy with less.

Lmao
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I’ll never allow monthly payments for someone else’s property. Silly.
I remember reading somewhere that when these type of controversial topics popped up, the ulama would use the concept of “the lesser evil”. Islam itself lets what’s prohibited to be lawful when it’s of necessity.

Religion aside, the housing market is higher than it ever was and economists have been predicting a recession for the past couple of years. In some cities the rent over a period of 40years is much cheaper than a mortgage, if the whole reason of buying a house is to provide a nest for your child after your passing then you might as well invest the difference between the mortgage payment you’d be paying if you had one and the rent into a etf or a mutual index fund since historical annual returns are just below 10%

How is it the same?
Interest/taxes is the English translation of riba. A lot of families here are anti mortgage but okay to take welfare that is made up of taxes taken off of all kinds of things including alcohol. Do you know what the taxes you pay cover? In some countries it covers sex changes.

If we’re living here why choose one to be halal and the other to be haram? One is crippling the other benefits others.

I bet if I looked into it this ideology started off somewhere sinister.

How do we pay riba everyday? Unless you mean our tax monies paying governmental loans and stuff which would fall under the aforementioned taxes, avoiding riba is quite easy if you avoid debt.

It sounds like it’s greed that drives you, audhubillah your last two sentences, be more happy with less.
:urgh:

Why are got assuming the worst? What country do you live in? Let’s google what your taxes help to cover and discuss how halal it is.