Mashallah Congresswoman Ilhaan Omar what she did for Somalia

Trump was better for Somalia he droned the shit out of AS and actually paid our troops Joe Biden stopped all that

Facts. Trump was godsend for Somalia. He let low level officers make decision on drone strikes, today you need Biden’s personal approval. His only f*ck up was pulling troops at the end. If only gov could have capitalised on the trump era.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Would you mind showing me house of representative amendment list that indicates what she did ? Something doesn't add up why would she request to amend the bill only for her to then vote against the very same amendment that she introduced ?

If you look at the link you attached, it was classified as “homeland security”.

The homeland security committee took charge of the bill and added their funding to it.

The people listed on that amendment are people who are either part of the homeland security committee or known congressional hawks.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Should be a rep in Somalia instead fixing our problems. This really doesn’t mean what you think before you get triggered 😤

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
Trump was better for Somalia he droned the shit out of AS and actually paid our troops Joe Biden stopped all that

:faysalwtf:

Warya maxaad ku hadalaysa ? nin gaal oo ku nacayb is fighting for your benefit is this what you think ?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I can show you every bill she sponsored or cosponsored in her career. She had nothing to do with this bill and actually attached her name on it after it was rejected. These are facts no matter how you twist it. The bill was a bipartisan bill where 75 Dems including her voted against it. 280 to 138. More Dems voted against it than for it. Foreign aid bills are bipartisan bills that tend to go through pretty much every single time. So the hero you want to create is not there. She voted against the bill, which she is entitle to do. The problem was when in went through she celebrated it like she supported it.

Pull up her congressional records from the Africa subcommittee.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
If you look at the link you attached, it was classified as “homeland security”.

The homeland security committee took charge of the bill and added their funding to it.

The people listed on that amendment are people who are either part of the homeland security committee or known congressional hawks.

I know but where are you getting that she was the one who introduced the amendment for the debt relief this is what i want to find out. Never read anything other than mentions on social media that's about it. In fact not many somalis know that she voted against the bill

I know but where are you getting that she was the one who introduced the amendment for the debt relief this is what i want to find out. Never read anything other than mentions on social media that's about it. In fact not many somalis know that she voted against the bill
Hiiran and other Somali news site all reported it. So people who read Somali news know. Young Twitter people who see her tweets and tweet back mashallah didn’t. My fellow MJ people like @Periplus working hard it stays that way

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Because she is the vice-chair of the committee of all things related to US-Africa relations.

Anything related to Africa and Congress goes through her committee walaal.

Im not talking about what happened in Congress but before that.

Also every bill has pork on it. Politician vote for bills they don’t 100% agree on as long as the main thing they care for is there. So if this bill was so great for Somalia and she cares so much about Somalia. What could be in there that she couldn’t accept that’s more important than the well being of Somalia? She never came out and explained why she voted against it instead pretended she was for it all along

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Also every bill has pork on it. Politician vote for bills they don’t 100% agree on as long as the main thing they care for is there. So if this bill was so great for Somalia and she cares so much about Somalia. What could be in there that she couldn’t accept that’s more important than the well being of Somalia? She never came out and explained why she voted against it instead pretended she was for it all along

She did put out a statement for why she voted against it.

You still have time to edit your post.

:snoop:

She did put out a statement for why she voted against it.

You still have time to edit your post.

:snoop:
Shortly after releasing her first statement, she issued a second statement explaining why she actually voted against the bill.

“Rather than using our mandate for reform, the national security bill passed today maintains the status quo in foreign policy, giving the president a blank check to continue unwinnable wars, allows him to fund his racist border wall, and increases funding for human rights abuses under ICE,” she said.

This, according to Omar, is “simply unconscionable.”

“The second package maintains the global gag rule and the Hyde amendment, creates a backdoor way to eliminate aid and starve the Palestinian people, recognizes support for Juan Guaidó as President of Venezuela and includes $1.3 billion in military funding for Egyptian dictator Abdel Fattah el-Sisi,” she continued.

————-

So because she was squabbling with trump and more worried about Palestinians and Venezuela she voted against a bill that helps Somalia greatly? You think her fellow Palestinian squad member would vote against anything for her people because Somalis are not included or AOC who always rep Latinos and even argued Latinos should be included in reparations for AA would vote against her people. You need to stop painting this lie she is this pro Somalia person. She is a progressive politician who cares more about her progressive people.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Shortly after releasing her first statement, she issued a second statement explaining why she actually voted against the bill.

“Rather than using our mandate for reform, the national security bill passed today maintains the status quo in foreign policy, giving the president a blank check to continue unwinnable wars, allows him to fund his racist border wall, and increases funding for human rights abuses under ICE,” she said.

“The second package maintains the global gag rule and the Hyde amendment, creates a backdoor way to eliminate aid and starve the Palestinian people, recognizes support for Juan Guaidó as President of Venezuela and includes $1.3 billion in military funding for Egyptian dictator Abdel Fattah el-Sisi,” she continued.

————-

So because she was squabbling with trump and more worried about Palestinians and Venezuela she voted against a bill that helps Somalia greatly? You think her fellow Palestinian squad member would vote against anything for her people because Somalis are not included or AOC who always rep Latinos and even argued Latinos should be included in reparations for AA would vote against her people. You need to stop painting this lie she is this pro Somalia person. She is a progressive politician who cares more about her progressive people.

The spin you’re doing is ballroom dancing worthy.

Her primary issues with the bill was that it funded numerous policies she did not agree with including the border wall and ICE.

She has staked her entire career as being opposed to ICE and the Trump border wall.

Do you know stupid she would look if she supported it?

She would be unelectable in MN as her base is predominantly social democrats.

They added the debt relief to that bill to put Ilhan in a lose-lose situation.

If she voted yes, she would lose credibility as a social democrat. If she voted no, the Republicans can sell the idea that Ilhan hates Somalia.

Her full statement is here.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP

————-

She released the second statement as PR because she didn’t think it would go through, when she realized the republicans voted yes and the majority was approval votes she put out a statement to save her image.

She also sanctioned a Muslim country (Brunei) for practicing Sharia law and said they were homophobic and shouldn’t be allowed to run that country, meanwhile she’s Muslim herself :sass2:

Let’s not also forget how she sided with Israel and trump over Iran while at the same time claiming she’s for “Palestinian rights”

The letter endorsed by Omar asserts that “Iran’s illicit transfers of weapons directly contribute to some of the most destabilizing threats to the United States and our partners in the Middle East such as Israel and the Gulf States.”

The letter also calls for sanctions against Esmail Ghanni, the Iranian general who replaced Qasem Soleimani as head of the country’s Revolutionary Guard. General Soleimani was extrajudicially executed in an American air attack on his convoy in Iraq in January.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
She released the second statement as PR because she didn’t think it would go through, when she realized the republicans voted yes and the majority was approval votes she put out a statement to save her image.

She put that statement out after her statement announcing Somalia’s debt relief.

The second statement barely got reported on so how is it PR?

Also, @xoogster have you even stepped foot in Brunei or even know where it is on a map?

She also sanctioned a Muslim country (Brunei) for practicing Sharia law and said they were homophobic and shouldn’t be allowed to run that country, meanwhile she’s Muslim herself :sass2:

Let’s not also forget how she sided with Israel and trump over Iran while at the same time claiming she’s for “Palestinian rights”

The letter endorsed by Omar asserts that “Iran’s illicit transfers of weapons directly contribute to some of the most destabilizing threats to the United States and our partners in the Middle East such as Israel and the Gulf States.”

The letter also calls for sanctions against Esmail Ghanni, the Iranian general who replaced Qasem Soleimani as head of the country’s Revolutionary Guard. General Soleimani was extrajudicially executed in an American air attack on his convoy in Iraq in January.

Exactly I honestly don’t care what she voted. But I really can’t stand these Somalis who lie on her behalf including my own family members. All because she is a fellow MJ. I’m sure @Periplus will say if she didn’t sanction Brunei the gays in her district would be very angry. I doubt any of them could point to Brunei in a map. She is a very progressive pro gay, pro transgender politician and these Somalis are lying outright saying she is playing the game. Several of her political views clash with Islam. She is basically playing both sides.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Exactly I honestly don’t care what she voted. But I really can’t stand these Somalis who lie on her behalf including my own family members. All because she is a fellow MJ. I’m sure @Periplus will say if she didn’t sanction Brunei the gays in her district would be very angry. I doubt any of them could point to Brunei in a map. She is a very progressive pro gay, pro transgender politician and these Somalis are lying outright saying she is playing the game. Several of her political views clash with Islam. She is basically playing both sides.

I have been to Brunei twice you nacas. Plus some of my family friends worked there.

It’s right near Australia.

:mjlol:

I have been to Brunei twice you nacas. Plus some of my family friends worked there.

It’s right near Australia.

:mjlol:
I didn’t say you didn’t know. I said online you would make up the lie she sanctioned them because the gays in her district would want that when they have no clue where it is. So what’s your excuse for her introducing a bill herself that sanctions a Muslim country because of gays?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I didn’t say you didn’t know. I said online you would make up the lie she sanctioned them because the gays in her district would want that when they have no clue where it is. So what’s your excuse for her introducing a bill herself that sanctions a Muslim country because of gays?

Bro if you know anything about Brunei, you would know they’re a hypocrite country.

Their royal family is notorious for their zina, alcohol drinking, drug use etc. They don’t even hide it like the Arabs !!!

But they expect their people to follow sharia.

It’s literally one rule for thee and another for me.

Bro if you know anything about Brunei, you would know they’re a hypocrite country.

Their royal family is notorious for their zina, alcohol drinking, drug use etc. They don’t even hide it like the Arabs !!!

But they expect their people to follow sharia.

It’s literally one rule for thee and another for me.
What does that have to do with her? Why is she going out of her way to get involved that country business? Why is she using gays as an excuse?

Trending

Latest posts