Map of Yemeni towns named after Somalis (and other Africans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
:lolbron:Factz Im coming for your spot as the premier source for Somali history here.

@Factz @QAADDO @Nuur Iidaan @Reiko @sophisticate @pablo

Named after Ethiopians
  • Al Khabsiha ( Al Habashi)
  • Sabkhat al Habasha
Named after Somalis
  • As Sumal Bani Ayub
  • Bayt Az Zaylah
  • Saylah
  • As Saylah as Sufla
  • Az Zayli'i
  • Az Zaylah al 'Ulya
  • Bayt Zayli'
  • Mujrib as Sumali
  • As Sumal

SomaliSpotters, don't ever think the interaction with Yemen was only one way ( Yemen into Somalia) I dare you all to find a place in Somalia named after any Yemeni or Arab. Yemen was alway's Somalia's backyard, not the opposite.

Incomplete list, come play around and find more locations on this site, will update as much as I can
http://yemen.places-in-the-world.com/

I1ylCqU.png

• As Sumal Bani Ayub
This was named after Ragga Beesha Ayuub Reer Shiikh Isxaaq. Waa wada sheikh.

:fittytousand:I'm speaking it into existence.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Cityviews

The Prodigy
Arabic Somali twitter page lurks on SomaliSpot and stole my exact post and research, :pachah1:I'm adding watermarks next time :lolbron:.

But glad to see people are interested. But these Somali twitter coons are thinking Yemen are Somalia are the same country? WTF they were our colony, nothing more :susp: I hate twitter fobs.

Cigaal

يا Ω†Ψ¨ΩŠ Ψ³Ω„Ψ§Ω… ΨΉΩ„ΩŠΩƒ
Arabic Somali twitter page lurks on SomaliSpot and stole my exact post and research, :pachah1:I'm adding watermarks next time :lolbron:.

But glad to see people are interested. But these Somali twitter coons are thinking Yemen are Somalia are the same country? WTF they were our colony, nothing more :susp: I hate twitter fobs.

:dead:They could’ve at least credited you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending