Majority of Algerian women agree that domestic violence makes them happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuldaanGuled

Rag waa shaah dumarna waa sheeko.
Looks like qar ka mid gabdhina ayaa uu bahaan xooga karbash

Xaliimo caday: Alaa xaajiyow ii kale oo si fican ii karbash maanta xaas xun baan ah

Farax fanaaxle: Wale oo bile raaliya ayaa tahay na ii soo siiko aan suunka kula daacey

Xaliimo caday: Waan ku jeclahay xaajigayga

Xaliimo caday: Alaa xaajiyow ii kale oo si fican ii karbash maanta xaas xun baan ah

Farax fanaaxle: Wale oo bile raaliya ayaa tahay na ii soo siiko aan suunka kula daacey

:deadosama::deadpeter:

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
Doesn't it say in the Quran to beat your wife if she is disobedient?

200w.gif

Zeus

STYLIN
This is how you keep your hoes in check. Here in west, the minute you step out to your 9-5, your wife is getting her ass cheeks clapped by the mailman.

The verse just states 'to beat' as a form of discipline. ضرب means to strike/hit. Obviously sheiks and macalins are gonna have different interpretations to make it seem a bit more palatable

Even a light tap with a miswak is bloody out of order :susp:

Hi Dheg. There is no light beating or beating at all . The word "Darb" in that context(4:34) means to "Cite them" to authority(as in judge). The miswak business is due to the translators using a story from the Bible to support that view. No authentic Hadith of the prophet supports the translation of beating a wife. If anyone knows please quote.They used the story of Prophet Job(Ayub) who made a bundle of grass sticks to hit with his wife to meet an oath he made out of anger . But even that story is in the Quran with Job doing nothing like that. No mention of him hitting his wife. So, it never happened that way either.

The word Darb in the Quran has many meanings in different verses. Its meaning is determined by the preposition added to it. In this particular verse where many quote to claim there is beating, it actually means "cite them", it is the last step of what a man does in conflict resolution with his wife and it means he raises the issue up to a judge or authority after nothing else works.

This is a case where tradition and local bias took over and many translators went with the norm even though there is no evidence supporting that claim.

Normally, in Arabic, Darb as in the Video posted by the OP would mean "Strike/Beat" as well, but check this out also and see its different meanings in the Quran itself:

- journey in the land/earth [2:273, 3:156, 4:101, 5:106, 73:20] Darb in these verses mean Journey/Travel
- propound/cite an example/similitude/parable [2:26, 13:17, 14:24, 14:25, 14:45, 16:74, 16:75, 16:76, 16:112, 17:48, 18:32, 18:45, 22:73, 24:35, 25:9, 25:39, 29:43, 30:28, 30:58, 36:13, 36:78, 39:27, 39:29, 43:17, 43:57, 43:58, 47:3, 59:21, 66:10, 66:11] there are some varying meanings for DARB depending on who you read for translation in these verse. But generally, it means giving an example.
- in this way God propounds/cites the truth and the falsehood [13:17} same here,

And many more examples. It will be too long to quote the word Darb +something in the Quran to show the meanings it has in different contexts.

I can drop the link I quoted from if you are interested for serious reading It is too long to read. What I quoted here is good enough. There is no beating with miswak or with a finger.

1)

DRB fee al ard = journey in the land/earth
[2:273, 3:156, 4:101, 5:106, 73:20]

Some translators use "go out", "move about".

2)

DRB fee sabeeli Allahi = journey in God's way/path
[4:94] This is taken literally and non-literally by translators.

3)

DRB + mathal = propound/cite an example/similitude/parable
[2:26, 13:17, 14:24, 14:25, 14:45, 16:74, 16:75, 16:76, 16:112, 17:48, 18:32, 18:45, 22:73, 24:35, 25:9, 25:39, 29:43, 30:28, 30:58, 36:13, 36:78, 39:27, 39:29, 43:17, 43:57, 43:58, 47:3, 59:21, 66:10, 66:11]

With regard to the translation of DRB in the above verses there is variation, depending on translator, e.g. some use variations in 17:48, 25:9, 43:58, 43:17.

4)

kathalika yadribu Allahu al haqqa wa al batila = in this way God propounds/cites the truth and the falsehood
[13:17]

For this verse some use "collides", "puts/shows forth" (e.g. Ibn Kathir), "points out" (e.g. Al Jalalayn).

5)

Fa darabna AAala athanihim fee al kahfi sineena AAadadan = So We sealed/covered on/over their ears in the cave some years
[18:11]

The verse is literally saying the effect of "DRB on/over their ears in the cave" lasted several years. This seems to suggest God kept them isolated in the cave, when they were hiding out, thus cut off from the outside world. Mustansir Mir in "Verbal Idioms of The Qur'an" says it is an idiom meaning to prevent someone from hearing something, sealing off, or put to sleep. The only other related example in which DRB with something is done on/over something else is 24:31, when covers are cast over chests.

This should be enough to show meaning for the word Darb which also means strike/beat and how it takes different meanings in the Quran.

For those of you who are not invested in Islam and declared their atheism, your arrogance is exceeded only by your ignorance when it comes to Islam. Go ahead, be quick to judge Islam cause it makes you feel good.

Islam wins again on here.

There's a hadith where Muhammad hit Aisha for leaving the house without his permission.

Why don't you quote that for simplicity. Personally, I never saw that. And it doesn't mean I know everything out there. But quote it if you can/may.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

You have a calling in somali language smut. :damn:

Hi Dheg. There is no light beating or beating at all . The word "Darb" in that context(4:34) means to "Cite them" to authority(as in judge). The miswak business is due to the translators using a story from the Bible to support that view. No authentic Hadith of the prophet supports the translation of beating a wife. If anyone knows please quote.They used the story of Prophet Job(Ayub) who made a bundle of grass sticks to hit with his wife to meet an oath he made out of anger . But even that story is in the Quran with Job doing nothing like that. No mention of him hitting his wife. So, it never happened that way either.

The word Darb in the Quran has many meanings in different verses. Its meaning is determined by the preposition added to it. In this particular verse where many quote to claim there is beating, it actually means "cite them", it is the last step of what a man does in conflict resolution with his wife and it means he raises the issue up to a judge or authority after nothing else works.

This is a case where tradition and local bias took over and many translators went with the norm even though there is no evidence supporting that claim.

Normally, in Arabic, Darb as in the Video posted by the OP would mean "Strike/Beat" as well, but check this out also and see its different meanings in the Quran itself:

- journey in the land/earth [2:273, 3:156, 4:101, 5:106, 73:20] Darb in these verses mean Journey/Travel
- propound/cite an example/similitude/parable [2:26, 13:17, 14:24, 14:25, 14:45, 16:74, 16:75, 16:76, 16:112, 17:48, 18:32, 18:45, 22:73, 24:35, 25:9, 25:39, 29:43, 30:28, 30:58, 36:13, 36:78, 39:27, 39:29, 43:17, 43:57, 43:58, 47:3, 59:21, 66:10, 66:11] there are some varying meanings for DARB depending on who you read for translation in these verse. But generally, it means giving an example.
- in this way God propounds/cites the truth and the falsehood [13:17} same here,

And many more examples. It will be too long to quote the word Darb +something in the Quran to show the meanings it has in different contexts.

I can drop the link I quoted from if you are interested for serious reading It is too long to read. What I quoted here is good enough. There is no beating with miswak or with a finger.
Good job man :qri8gs7::qri8gs7:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Burhan is wrong, darb means strike in that context but you cannot strike her in the face. Its certainly the last option before divorce but you must be kind to ur wife, first you admonish her, if that doesnt work you refuse to sleep with her, if that fails you may strike her back too obedience

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
Burhan is wrong, darb means strike in that context but you cannot strike her in the face. Its certainly the last option before divorce but you must be kind to ur wife, first you admonish her, if that doesnt work you refuse to sleep with her, if that fails you may strike her back too obedience

What will tapping her on the hand do? :chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah: I wish a nigga would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts