Majority of Algerian women agree that domestic violence makes them happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Europhile atheist have now began to argue about issues of morality as if they live in some Utopia ? reading these people comments you would think they are Neanderthal Whites until you realise they are pathetic conformist weak black supine Farah's that have voluntary thrown themselves into slavery.

Nacalad ba na igu taalo ***. Your own pathetic arguments of 'consent' which you use to argue for homosexuality can be applied here as well, if the women consents that violence makes her happy, who are you to argue against her or play the morality police here ?

The same way no one says anything when the widely practised sadomasochism and other sadistic acts happen between consenting adults amongst the Europhiles even in public !

The hypocrisy of these vile people knows no bounds.

They have no issues with any of what you mentioned because a muslim has not done it. The other day this white guy I work with asked me if I saw the news. We talk about politics sometimes. And I asked for what? He pulled up on the computer screen some immigrant teens who sodomized a girl in their school. The reason the story is important to him? Cause the other teenager who committed the crime happens to be undocumented latino and that is a case for denying immigrant kids an education and they must be deported. We need protection from this he said.

I pulled up crime statistics on screen for an impact. I asked him if it mattered who commits a crime when it is a crime he himself would not commit, to which he said no. Then I showed him the statistics by race, all committed by US citizens. He walked away quite.

These guys here who said they are not Muslims are no different. That their blood ties to us means nothing comes through their conduct on this forum. It i all about religion who shares that with you nowadays and they show that everybody. Bias is what they trade in and always looking for an opportunity to malign a muslim, Islam and Prophet Mohamed.

Using Quran and Hadith to fit your gaalnimo narrative is what you do best. I can quote an article now in the news where they have a picture of a man wailing and carrying his daughter to run from the War ongoing in Mosul. And all the comments underneath that picture by Americans are just as vile as you folks write on here. Always blaming Muslims, Blaming Islam to the point where you can't see the humanity of a person, and in your case the humanity of your own blood simply because they are Muslims.

I blame Islam, and the only person I blame for that is Muhammad. You're telling me that I can't see the humanity through a person, but you still lump me in with people who are hating on innocent civilians?

Same false narrative again to feed an obsession with Islam and its prophet. The word used in the Hadith is Lahada which means "Pushed Away" and Not "Struck". So pushing away a woman by pressing your hand on her breasts can hurt for their sensitivity even if you don't mean to hurt her.

How is pushing someone not assault?

I blame Islam, and the only person I blame for that is Muhammad. You're telling me that I can't see the humanity through a person, but you still lump me in with people who are hating on innocent civilians?

How is pushing someone not assault?

And for the highlightted you would invent or tow a narrative designed to shed a negative light on the person you hate and blame. Nothing else would fly in your biased world considering. So, is it a surprise?

"The hand imposition of the prophet was a gesture to drive away doubts(waswaas) and deferring Allah's blessings. And Aisha understood that evident in the Hadith itself. The intent was to drive away evil influence from Aisha. Nothing sinister. That is the point Aisha was driving in the Hadith among other things.

It is narrated by the Aisha herself may Allah be pleased with her :b “Allaah’s Messenger (pbuh) never hit anything with his hand ever, except when fighting in the path of Allaah. Nor did he ever hit a servant or a woman.” [Recorded In Ibn Majah. Al-Albani graded it Sahih.]

Aisha reports: ”Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) did not hit Anything with his hands, besides the time when he made Jihaad in the Path of Allah. He did not hit a servant nor a woman (wife, girl etc.)”. [Shamaail‐e‐Tirmidhi (331) Hadith Number 6.]"

Plus People push each other in reaction to something strange, they disagree with, or can't believe what the person is saying happened etc. I got pushed far too many times to count and I didn't assume someone was assaulting me within the context of when/how it happened. Aisha herself here is not portraying herself as a victim.

I know it bites to be proven wrong when you are emotionally invested in something. Wise move is to ditch any silly argument that causes only more disappointment and to move on. I am cool with you lurking around as you did and come out with your screams of Islam is bad when the opportunity presented itself to you as that is your entire life.

For now, beat it.

And for the highlightted you would invent or tow a narrative designed to shed a negative light on the person you hate and blame. Nothing else would fly in your biased world considering. So, is it a surprise?

To address the problem, you must address the core. If anyone is skewing the narrative, it's you. There's a reason why "beat" is the translation instead of "separate". You are of no authority in the Muslim world and your skewed definitions don't align with the definitions of multiple scholars. Your excuse that they are not perfect is very weak.

"The hand imposition of the prophet was a gesture to drive away doubts(waswaas) and deferring Allah's blessings. And Aisha understood that evident in the Hadith itself. The intent was to drive away evil influence from Aisha. Nothing sinister. That is the point Aisha was driving in the Hadith among other things.

I did not know going outside was evil.

That is assault, and there was no consent there. The reason why she doesn't see herself as a victim is because Muhammad was a person of godly status at the time. She thought of him as a person of no evil. Muhammad even says his (qarin) devils were converted to Islam and they encouraged him to do good acts.

To address the problem, you must address the core. If anyone is skewing the narrative, it's you. There's a reason why "beat" is the translation instead of "separate". You are of no authority in the Muslim world and your skewed definitions don't align with the definitions of multiple scholars. Your excuse that they are not perfect is very weak.

I did not know going outside was evil.

That is assault, and there was no consent there. The reason why she doesn't see herself as a victim is because Muhammad was a person of godly status at the time. She thought of him as a person of no evil. Muhammad even says his (qarin) devils were converted to Islam and they encouraged him to do good acts.

Yawn. These issues are put to rest. I refer you back to all the meanings posted for the DARB, pick and choose and get a life other than being worked over Islam. Aisha's case was also a fail for you. You don't seem to understand what the Hadith is talking about actually. You had focus on one word that turned out to be a false narrative.

Islam is here to stay and we are Muslims. You folks can write about it out of bitterness and disappointments in your life. Project that on to us here.

We will just say a word or two that takes care of the garbage you post.

Last edited:
Yawn. These issues are put to rest. I refer you back to all the meanings posted for the DARB, pick and choose and get a life other than being worked over Islam. Aisha's case was also a fail for you.

Islam is here to stay and we are Muslims. You folks can write about it out of bitterness and disappointments in your life. Project that on to us here.

Whatever you say...

You repeated what I mentioned. And the story these several translators used. They have no support for lightly beating or hardly beating a wife. They have no evidence from the authentic sayings to back up their translation.

No one is perfect in Islam and these translators are not.

You have no case. Wait for another mention of some Muslim doing something stupid and jump on it as Islam at work.

This case is done.

So we're playing the semantics game are we now? You're being deliberately deceptive by divorcing context from the word. Daraba means to hit warya go find an arab and ask them what it means, they'll tell you the same. Hell I can even crack open an arabic dictionary and we can go thru every single word listed under daraba so I can tell you why they wouldn't fit in the verse.

Off the top of my head I can tell you that the two most common uses of the word daraba is "To present" - like an example, and "to strike" there's a bunch of other common usages like "to set up" and 'to travel' but we'll stick to the first two to make this short.

Again the clear meaning of the verse is "hit them" It doesn't work with words like "travel" because you would miss the fi'l ard' which indicates the meaning of travel. You could reasonable make the case for "Present them" but then you would end up with a silly verse like "Talk to them, then forsake them in bed and then present them??? The only word that fits the context is 'hit them' lol it is so obvious that you would never hear anybody who speaks arabic as a native language arguing the word means something else, they always argue the intention was to 'hit them with a feather' :icon lol:

How convenient of u to ignore all the tafsirs I linked as well lmao context is key

You have no case. Wait for another mention of some Muslim doing something stupid and jump on it as Islam at work.

This case is done.

You must be a great scholar yourself to dismiss some of the greatest scholars in islamic history not to mention the countless amount of sheikhs who have basically co signed this interpretations :icon lol:

Tell me sxb, are u well versed in 3arabiyah al fusha? :icon lol:ʻ

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
So we're playing the semantics game are we now? You're being deliberately deceptive by divorcing context from the word. Daraba means to hit warya go find an arab and ask them what it means, they'll tell you the same. Hell I can even crack open an arabic dictionary and we can go thru every single word listed under daraba so I can tell you why they wouldn't fit in the verse.

Off the top of my head I can tell you that the two most common uses of the word daraba is "To present" - like an example, and "to strike" there's a bunch of other common usages like "to set up" and 'to travel' but we'll stick to the first two to make this short.

Again the clear meaning of the verse is "hit them" It doesn't work with words like "travel" because you would miss the fi'l ard' which indicates the meaning of travel. You could reasonable make the case for "Present them" but then you would end up with a silly verse like "Talk to them, then forsake them in bed and then present them??? The only word that fits the context is 'hit them' lol it is so obvious that you would never hear anybody who speaks arabic as a native language arguing the word means something else, they always argue the intention was to 'hit them with a feather' :icon lol:

How convenient of u to ignore all the tafsirs I linked as well lmao context is key

You must be a great scholar yourself to dismiss some of the greatest scholars in islamic history not to mention the countless amount of sheikhs who have basically co signed this interpretations :icon lol:

Why does it say that you're quoting me in my inbox? :ayaanswag:

You weren't generous to highlight the many uses of the word until after I quoted variety of meanings and applications for it, and how one can choose based on what they want for translation(and in context) that you changed your tune. Suddenly, you heard there was another meaning as an extra info. That is noteworthy. I know that did not happen out of you being considerate. You felt embarrassed and caught with a torrent of facts.

And how did your Arabic knowledge help you out in seeing the light? You folks love to claim knowledge and mastery of Islam to serve your narratives. Alas, there wasn't any occasion on this forum where that claim produced facts that support those claims and you were always proven to be wrong or lying.

If you are happy, we can go with the meaning you provided that says "To present" which is in line with what I said earlier. So there, still a loser.

:manny:

Happy now? You little c*nt :)

Do you make prayers to Allah with that mouth :susp:

Sxb you can keep beating your chest and claim victory all you want, it's all good :drakekidding:

:russ:

Do you realize that was a bone to you and to her in case you guys wanted to see something to hang on to in my comments since I destroyed your other no-evidence evidence? That is what I get for being charitable now. Sad. :)

Glad you took the bone and ran with it. Plus I would be the first to tell you I am not sure about my position in the day of judgment but living in hopes that despite my shortfalls, I will be granted a castle and a beautiful wife(I promise you, I only want two). If I am lucky to make it since no one gets into heaven for what good they did. It is that much worth.

With all the tours I will be doing to see my favorite personalities :banderas: Anything for one handshake I get from Abuna Adam peace be upon him. And seeing Allah's face on Fridays. Damn! This is the stuff someone lives for my brother.

I pray to god to save me from Hell. I know I can not endure the pain. And I wish all of you the guidance and the same nice welcome from our Creator that I hope for as a believer. With that, I catch the train.

Last edited:
You weren't generous to highlight the many uses of the word until after I quoted variety of meanings and applications for it, and how one can choose based on what they want for translation(and in context) that you changed your tune. Suddenly, you heard there was another meaning as an extra info. That is noteworthy. I know that did not happen out of your grace. You felt embarrassed and caught with a torrent of facts.

Wallahi you're stupid lmao I didn't highlight shit because it's obvious what it meant, if I were to say the word strike you'd immediately think of hitting something and not say 'strike a pose' :drakewtf: The only embarrassing individual in this thread is you wallahi your entire argument is reminiscent of well meaning westerners defending islam when they don't even speak more than two words of Arabic. Anybody who speaks Arabic knows its bullshit, that's why the carabs go to excuse is "Mohammed told his companions to hit the women with a miswak or a feather11!"

Torrent of information kulaha please don't flatter yourself,

And how did your Arabic knowledge help you out in seeing the light? You folks love to claim knowledge and mastery of Islam to serve your narratives.

It's not my fault you can't read and comprehend the book you claim to love so much. If I were you I wouldn't go around boasting about islamic knowledge either it's clearly lacking if you're so quick to dismiss learned scholars with a better grasp on islamic history than u. But then again I know the whole 'apostates knew nuffing about teh deen amyway' thing is a comfort blanket for u muslamics

Alas, there wasn't any occasion on this forum where that claim produced facts that support those claims and you were always proven to be wrong or lying

Since when? are these alternative truths? like ur alternative meanings lmaooooooo I know for a fact you haven't proven me wrong in anything on here, you usually throw a strop like a child and resort to petty insults because you're to busy raging to write any sort of coherent argument.

If you are happy, we can go with the meaning you provided that says "To present" which is in line with what I said earlier. So there, still a loser.

I just told you the word wouldn't work with 'to present' is your grasp on english as bad as your arabic?

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
:russ:

Do you realize that was a bone to you and to her in case you guys wanted to see something to hang on to in my comments since I destroyed your other no-evidence evidence? That is what I get for being charitable now. Sad. :)

Glad you took the bone and ran with it. Plus I would be the first to tell you I am not sure about my position in the day of judgment but living in hopes that despite my shortfalls, I will be granted a castle and a beautiful wife(I promise you, I only want two). If I am lucky to make it since no one gets into heaven for what good they did. It is that much worth.

With all the tours I will be doing to see my favorite personalities :banderas: Anything for one handshake I get from Abuna Adam peace be upon him. And seeing Allah's face on Fridays. Damn! This is the stuff someone lives for my brother.

I pray to god to save me from Hell. I know I can not endure the pain. And I wish all of you the guidance and the same nice welcome from our Creator that I hope for as a believer. With that, I catch the train.

That all sounds nice, i'm sure that is why religion is so popular. A paradise beyond this life is a comforting thought. But i don't personally buy it, you do you sxb.

Wallahi you're stupid lmao I didn't highlight shit because it's obvious what it meant, if I were to say the word strike you'd immediately think of hitting something and not say 'strike a pose' :drakewtf: The only embarrassing individual in this thread is you wallahi your entire argument is reminiscent of well meaning westerners defending islam when they don't even speak more than two words of Arabic. Anybody who speaks Arabic knows its bullshit, that's why the carabs go to excuse is "Mohammed told his companions to hit the women with a miswak or a feather11!"

It's not my fault you can't read and comprehend the book you claim to love so much. If I were you I wouldn't go around boasting about islamic knowledge either it's clearly lacking if you're so quick to dismiss learned scholars with a better grasp on islamic history than u. But then again I know the whole 'apostates knew nuffing about teh deen amyway' thing is a comfort blanket for u muslamics

Since when? are these alternative truths? like ur alternative meanings lmaooooooo I know for a fact you haven't proven me wrong in anything on here, you usually throw a strop like a child and resort to petty insults because you're to busy raging to write any sort of coherent argument.

I just told you the word wouldn't work with 'to present' is your grasp on english as bad as your arabic?

Hi dhegdheer, I will post more on this strike/beat issue vs opposite with a source but briefly, whoever translated idribuhunna as "to present" had some argument. Care to copy briefly that definition from your source?.

This is not as difficult as you think. I will post in detail why the word Darb in verse 434 can not mean "strike/beat".

Are you offended by the insults? Not interested to torment a young girl, so let me know. I will be endearing instead.

that reminds me of a syrian girl who always get in yelling matches with her husband, she told me they get in fist fights at home and that's "how arabs show they love each other" with their fists. z3zrULC

that reminds me of a syrian girl who always get in yelling matches with her husband, she told me they get in fist fights at home and that's "how arabs show they love each other" with their fists. z3zrULC

It is cultural obviously. Whatever floats their boat.

A DEEPER LOOK AT THE WORD 'DARABA' (TO BEAT) IN CONTEXT OF WIVES

Grammar and The Root Word background:

The imperative verb 'idrib' is formed from the root D-R-B and the ground form (Form 1 or stem) verb 'daraba'.
The Arabic word used in verse 4:34 is 'idribo' (1) 'hunna' (2). (In Quranic recitation - 'idribohun').
The two words are connected with a subject pronoun 'wow' which is not the focus here, nor is the conjunction prefix 'wa' which simply means 'and'.

a%20deep1.gif

Let us examine the two main parts of the word again, 'Idrib' (1) being an imperative verb and 'Hunna' (2), a feminine plural pronoun (referring to the wives).

A common understanding of Arabic is that [Idrib] + Noun/Pronoun would mean to beat someone which is certainly the form 'idribohunna' is encountered in the Quranic text of verse 4:34.

WITH A PREPOSITION (AN) 'IDRIB' CAN MEAN TO SEPARATE

Another well accepted understanding of Arabic is that [idhrib] + AN + Noun / Pronoun can mean 'to turn away, shun, separate and avoid' someone.
a%20deep2117.gif

Illustration - Joseph Islam

DARABA vb. (I) ~ to strike, smite, stamp, beat; to liken or strike (a parable or similitude), to cite (an example or a dispute); (daraba fi al-ard) to journey; to draw or cast (a veil); (with prep. 'ala') to pitch on, to stamp; (with prep. 'an) to turn something away; (with prep. bayn) to set up between, to separate, (n.vb) striking, smiting, etc.; (with prep. fi) journeying. [1]

This is also confirmed by the lexicon excerpt below, where we note that 'daraba an' has been rendered as to 'turn away from, leave, forsake, abandon, avoid or shun.'

a%20deep41.gif

Source: Hans Wehr's Modern Written Arabic [2]

The argument is usually advanced that as the preposition 'an' is absent from the particular text in the Quran, the word 'idribohunna' cannot be rendered as 'shun/turn away' and therefore must retain the meaning 'to beat them'. There is no similar comparison of the Quranic term 'idribohunna' in the form: idrib + Noun / Pronoun (as in verse 4:34) in other parts of the Quran.

'IDRIBOHUNNA' TO MEAN SHUN OR TO TURN AWAY

Students of classical Arabic and researchers of older Arabic lexicons will note however, that the preposition 'an' is not necessarily required to render the term 'Idribo'hunna' to turn away, shun, avoid or separate. This fact can be attested from the following lexicon excerpt of Edward Lanes who quotes TA (Taj-ul Urus), S (The Sihah), Msb (The misbah of El Feiyumi) and the K (The Kamoos) to discuss the relevant terms.

In this way, the Quranic term 'Idribo hunna' can mean to 'turn away or separate' without the preposition 'an'. This certainly seems to be the understanding of earlier classical Arabic lexicon authorities that were scrutinised and cited by Edward Lanes.

a%20deep1.jpg

Source: Edward Lanes Lexicon [3]

ANOMALY

Whenever the imperative verb 'idrib' is used in the Quran to denote ‘strike’, whether idiomatically or otherwise, the Quran always qualifies it by making it clear by either one or both of the following:

(1) What object to use to strike with, and / or

(2) What part of the body or 'object' to strike.

002:060 Strike the rock (2) with your staff (1)

002:073 Strike him (2) with a part of it (heifer) (1)

007:160 Strike the rock (2) with your staff (1)

008:012 Strike off their heads (2) and strike off every fingertip (2) of them

008:012 Strike off every fingertip (2) of them.

020:077 Strike for them a dry path in the sea (See 26:63 - elaborated - Strike the sea (2) with your staff (1))

038:044 Take in your hand a bundle of rushes (1), and strike with it

However, only in verse 4:34 do we notice that the imperative verb 'idrib' neither tells us (1) what object to use to strike with nor (2) what part of the body to strike.

Without qualification, it would be difficult to conclude that the intention of the verb was ever to ‘strike’. If 'idribohunna' was translated in the traditional manner to 'strike / beat them', then such an isolated, unqualified rendition would leave it wide open for any aggressed husband to beat / strike his wife in any manner, wherever he wanted, with any amount of given force.

Therefore, verse 4:34 does not fit the Quran's usual qualification of 'idrib' when rendered to 'strike/beat'.

image003.gif

FINAL THOUGHTS

As has been shown above , the term 'Idribo hunna' in Surah Nisa (4.34) can mean to 'shun - turn away from' (not necessarily to beat) and does not necessarily require a preposition 'an' for this meaning to be operative. It was also noted that the imperative verb 'idrib' has never been used in the Quran in an unqualified manner without explaining (1) What object to use to strike with or (2) What part of the body or object to strike.

039:018

"Those who listen to the Word (the Quran) and follow the best meaning in it / best of it (Arabic: fayattabi'una ahsanahu) those are the ones whom God has guided and those are the one's endowed with understanding (Arabic: Albabi)

"And follow the best of what is revealed to you from your Lord, before the penalty comes to you suddenly while you do not perceive!”

My Comment(below as all above are quotes with one or two exceptions):

Any argument presented after this post is a cry for help. Please read all before you comment. I won't comment for two days on here so you folks can take time to read it. If you could not be bothered to read, Don't comment at all.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Students of classical Arabic and researchers of older Arabic lexicons will note however, that the preposition 'an' is not necessarily required to render the term 'Idribo'hunna' to turn away, shun, avoid or separate. This fact can be attested from the following lexicon excerpt of Edward Lanes who quotes TA (Taj-ul Urus), S (The Sihah), Msb (The misbah of El Feiyumi) and the K (The Kamoos) to discuss the relevant terms.

In this way, the Quranic term 'Idribo hunna' can mean to 'turn away or separate' without the preposition 'an'. This certainly seems to be the understanding of earlier classical Arabic lexicon authorities that were scrutinised and cited by Edward Lanes.

a%20deep1.jpg

So the claim is that idribo hunna can mean "to separate" without the preposition "an", which is usually needed. Lanes lexicon quotes TA (Taj-ul Urus), S (The Sihah), Msb (The misbah of El Feiyumi) and the K (The Kamoos) as sources, which supposedly proves that the preposition "An" is not needed. Let's look at those sources.

Taj Al Arus does not list the usage without "An":
y88zTlz.jpg

Neither does The Sihah, the "An" is present here as well:
cwiwVPt.jpg

Misbah Al Fayumi also includes the preposition "An":
Gkx4QeP.jpg

The Kamoos doesn't even include the usage:
Y6AqZ2n.jpg

So was Edward Lane wrong? Possibly. Arabic wasn't his native language, he just collected information from other Arabic dictionaries.

In conclusion:

You're wrong, the preposition "an" is needed for the verse to mean "to separate", which we can see by looking at the sources quoted by Lane. And in case you're wondering, i got this information from a native Arabic speaker and i speak some basic Arabic myself. To claim that the verse is not saying "beat" is a ludicrous claim. A claim any Arabic speaker would laugh at.

The meaning of "to beat" is also corroborated by the Hadith, which Muslims will always hasten to tell you that you need to use to make the Quran clear. See this Sahih Hadith: http://sunnah.com/urn/1320620

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending