Majority of Algerian women agree that domestic violence makes them happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dhegdheer could use lots of beating. she's so small tho, not sure if she could take it.
can you dhegdheer?:cosbyhmm:
So small :chrisfreshhah:She probably looks like this
tmp_4860-images(6)395197658.jpg

ItsHanna

I am the Toby Flenderson of this forum
Well the woman will simply be divorced if all else fails. No muslim man wants a disobedient rebellious woman :yacadiim:

Too bad Muslim women are sheep and let their husbands/male retatives walk all over them.

No grown woman needs to be disciplined.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
That's that dhegacas culture. The men treat their wives like a walking restaurant/punching bag. The gaalo dhegacas aint no different.
And typical of dhegacas, they like to quote the quran just to dodge reasoning which requires more than a double digit IQ.

ive noticed that somalis are the only muslims that dont beat their wives :pachah1:

And yet we have braindead BLM/fake feminists on here who want to complain about Somali masogyny and pin FGM on us. Give me a loyal North African Berber chick anyday over these ugly tomboys.:win:

Hi Dheg. There is no light beating or beating at all . The word "Darb" in that context(4:34) means to "Cite them" to authority(as in judge). The miswak business is due to the translators using a story from the Bible to support that view. No authentic Hadith of the prophet supports the translation of beating a wife. If anyone knows please quote.They used the story of Prophet Job(Ayub) who made a bundle of grass sticks to hit with his wife to meet an oath he made out of anger . But even that story is in the Quran with Job doing nothing like that. No mention of him hitting his wife. So, it never happened that way either.

The word Darb in the Quran has many meanings in different verses. Its meaning is determined by the preposition added to it. In this particular verse where many quote to claim there is beating, it actually means "cite them", it is the last step of what a man does in conflict resolution with his wife and it means he raises the issue up to a judge or authority after nothing else works.

This is a case where tradition and local bias took over and many translators went with the norm even though there is no evidence supporting that claim.

Normally, in Arabic, Darb as in the Video posted by the OP would mean "Strike/Beat" as well, but check this out also and see its different meanings in the Quran itself:

- journey in the land/earth [2:273, 3:156, 4:101, 5:106, 73:20] Darb in these verses mean Journey/Travel
- propound/cite an example/similitude/parable [2:26, 13:17, 14:24, 14:25, 14:45, 16:74, 16:75, 16:76, 16:112, 17:48, 18:32, 18:45, 22:73, 24:35, 25:9, 25:39, 29:43, 30:28, 30:58, 36:13, 36:78, 39:27, 39:29, 43:17, 43:57, 43:58, 47:3, 59:21, 66:10, 66:11] there are some varying meanings for DARB depending on who you read for translation in these verse. But generally, it means giving an example.
- in this way God propounds/cites the truth and the falsehood [13:17} same here,

And many more examples. It will be too long to quote the word Darb +something in the Quran to show the meanings it has in different contexts.

I can drop the link I quoted from if you are interested for serious reading It is too long to read. What I quoted here is good enough. There is no beating with miswak or with a finger.

:comeon:

Nice try sxb but I speak Arabic. اضربهن - idiribuhunna/ daraba has always been translated to mean hit/ hit them. It's interesting that the scholars pick the word beat, among the many alternatives, when the relationship between a man and a woman is involved.

I agree that daraba is a multi meaning verb sort of like the English word ' strike' and 'get'. I've seen it used in the Qur'an to mean different things depending on the contexts but I've never heard it used as 'cite them'. The most common counter argument I've encountered is that it's suppose to translate to 'leave them' but even that is flimsy since anytime divorce is mentioned in the Qur'an the word talaq was explicitly used.

Either way, there are several tafsirs that agree that a man can hit his wife
Al Jalalayn: " And those you fear may be rebellious, disobedient to you, when such signs appear, admonish them, make them fear God, and share not beds with them, retire to other beds if they manifest such disobedience, and strike them, but not violently

Ibn Kathir: (beat them) means, if advice and ignoring her in the bed do not produce the desired results, you are allowed to discipline the wife, without severe beating.
Muslim recorded that Jabir said that during the Farewell Hajj, the Prophet said;

«وَاتَّقُوا اللهَ فِي النِّسَاءِ، فَإِنَّهُنَّ عِنْدَكُمْ عَوَانٍ، وَلَكُمْ عَلَيْهِنَّ أَنْ لَا يُوطِئْنَ فُرُشَكُمْ أَحَدًا تَكْرَهُونَهُ،فَإِنْ فَعَلْنَ ذَلِكَ فَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ ضَرْبًا غَيْرَ مُبَرِحٍ، وَلَهُنَّ عَلَيْكُمْ رِزْقُهُنَّ وَكِسْوَتُهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوف»

(Fear Allah regarding women, for they are your assistants. You have the right on them that they do not allow any person whom you dislike to step on your mat. However, if they do that, you are allowed to discipline them lightly. They have a right on you that you provide them with their provision and clothes, in a reasonable manner.) Ibn `Abbas and several others said that the Ayah refers to a beating that is not violent. Al-Hasan Al-Basri said that it means, a beating that is not severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending