Do you believe in true love?

• Yes

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
I am not sure i believe in it anymore. I did in my teens and 20s now that I entered my 30s I think we've been brainwashed. I love my family and money šŸ’° lol thats for sure.man come and go quick.i do believe in mutual respect though specially if yall have kids.

Xaruun

VIP
Ok dude, you can love your friend but not your wife who you are intimate with lmao
:mjlol:
Well yes, isnā€™t this normal? Wives are there for children and sex, not companionship or love. However, if your wife is also a good friend then that changes things.

Well yes, isnā€™t this normal? Wives are there for children and sex, not companionship or love. However, if your wife is also a good friend then that changes things.
I get what you are saying but why can you love you friend but not your wife?

Xaruun

VIP
I get what you are saying but why can you love you friend but not your wife?
Depends. Normal friends are worthless, Iā€™m talking about actual bros here. If my hypothetical wife is a bro then Iā€™d love her too. Otherwise thereā€™s no point in loving her, sheā€™s just some random woman.

Xaruun

VIP
You said why would you love a random woman(wife) who you would probably divorce. And I am asking you if you denying her love from the beginning. Are you?
Even if I chose to love her, it would be fake because romantic love is fake. Itā€™s best to just tolerate her instead.

Nope! We actually choose who we love romantically, we do it either a consciously or subconscious itā€™s not instant or uncontrollable. The kinda die hard crazy whirlwind love you see on tv or hear in stories exists but it dies just fast as it starts, so can it really be called true love? No. You see people married for 40yrs, very much in ā€œloveā€ and then divorce and nevet look back. I honestly believe the only love that can never truly die is blood. Romantic love is forever fleeing.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
True love is when your wife decides to remain a Widow and never remarry after you pass away so you can stay married together in Jannah.

Everything else is just rubbish

True love is when your wife decides to remain a Widow and never remarry after you pass away so you can stay married together in Jannah.

Everything else is just rubbish

I agree, but what sacrifices does the man make which is a marker of his true love?

If that is the only thing, you're version of love is very much based on what women must do. One sided.

Depends. Normal friends are worthless, Iā€™m talking about actual bros here. If my hypothetical wife is a bro then Iā€™d love her too. Otherwise thereā€™s no point in loving her, sheā€™s just some random woman.

You can fall out with your 'bros' as well, so what now? Also, how could a woman that has given birth to your own children be a 'random' woman? There is a special bond Allah has instilled between men and women which is a lot stronger.

what people experience in the beginning is not ā€œloveā€ itā€™s your hormones driving you to reproduce...

love comes after getting to know someone and becoming friends/family

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia šŸ‡øšŸ‡“
You can fall out with your 'bros' as well, so what now? Also, how could a woman that has given birth to your own children be a 'random' woman? There is a special bond Allah has instilled between men and women which is a lot stronger.
You have no source for your last claim no it isn't