ICJ rejected Kenya's request to delay the maritime dispute hearing

What will they do if they lose the sea case?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Rebooting this October thread to see what everyone thinks now with the case imminent

Between October and February we've seen

- Beledxaawo clashes
- SNA/KDF tension on the border
- A SL & Kenyan consulate is set to open
- Kenyan attempt to delay the case once again

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Looks like now they want to open a counter case saying Jubaland really belongs to them and the British made a mistake giving it to Somalia.

Et9QejSXEAM7AGv

Somalia needs to open another case claiming back NFD since its majority Somalis who live there and British handed it to Kenya

D8uLP5NWkAAYPuu.jpg

Som

VIP
I say they will do all of the things mentioned except recognising Somaliland. It's too risky for any african country to recognise a separatist movement.

Som

VIP
Looks like now they want to open a counter case saying Jubaland really belongs to them and the British made a mistake giving it to Somalia.

Et9QejSXEAM7AGv

Somalia needs to open another case claiming back NFD since its majority Somalis who live there and British handed it to Kenya

D8uLP5NWkAAYPuu.jpg
their ignorance is unbelivable. Jubaland was part of british east africa and was given to italy(italian somalia colony) too thank them because they participated in WW1 as british alies. Jubaland was never part of Kenya because Kenya didn't exist, somebody should teach them history. :snoop:

Som

VIP
anyway half of jubaland is under terrorist control, I really doubt kenya seriously wants to annex a territory that is currently the most infested by terrorist in the whole of Somalia. Almost all of middle Juba is under terrorist control

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
They know damn well they cant annex anything in 2021 so I am not really seeing their angle.

No way can Kenyans be this dumb, Uhuru must not want to lose the case on his watch and will do anything to delay it.

I say they will do all of the things mentioned except recognising Somaliland. It's too risky for any african country to recognise a separatist movement.

SL isn't a separatist movement but an independent country that was an independent country before uniting with Somalia in July 1st 1960. Even Eritrea and South Sudan have never been independent on two occasions whilst we have albeit we were a nation for only 5 days in 1960. Somalia will be the first to recognize us as a nation not Kenya sxb

Even if Kenya were to recognise SL it wouldn't make much of a difference. Kosova is recognised by 98 out of 193 United Nations member states and is not an official country.

ICJ isn't your issue, but Farmajo is?

giphy.gif
When farmaajo was campaigning from Nairobi, kdf was inside Somalia, and the ICJ case was already in court, so why didn't he say they were an enemy then and campaign from somewhere else?

I am not buying your BS, neither is anyone who isn't part of the illiterate cawaans in Somalia still supporting farmaajo, and his clanmates like you.:yousmart:

Som

VIP
SL isn't a separatist movement but an independent country that was an independent country before uniting with Somalia in July 1st 1960. Even Eritrea and South Sudan have never been independent on two occasions whilst we have albeit we were a nation for only 5 days in 1960. Somalia will be the first to recognize us as a nation not Kenya sxb
SL is a de facto independent country with no recognition, I'll give you that. The fact you were a nation for 5 days isn't relevant right now because SL is still recognised as part of Somalia by all countries in the world. I agree that your only path to recognition is that somalia recognizes Somaliland, if that happens the rest of the world will recognise you a because Somalia gave up it's claims on SL, this may happen in the future but at the moment somalia has no intention to do that. Why should we recognise you? citizens of somalia are often times abused in SL, if you wave a somali flag you get arrested, if you disagree with SL independence you go to jail or face threats, Somaliland has worked to destabilize Somalia in many ways including alleged support to terrorists.
SL has no interests in opening a dialogue with Somalia and for this reason you will stay unrecognised. South Sudan got independent because they had a dialogue with Sudan, same with Eritrea after the war Ethiopia decided to let them go their own way. SL needs to stop hating Somalia and maybe you will get recognition and we can all move on with our lives

Som

VIP
When farmaajo was campaigning from Nairobi, kdf was inside Somalia, and the ICJ case was already in court, so why didn't he say they were an enemy then and campaign from somewhere else?

I am not buying your BS, neither is anyone who isn't part of the illiterate cawaans in Somalia still supporting farmaajo, and his clanmates like you.:yousmart:
Fair enough, it's a good point. I don't think farmaajo is a wadani saint, far from that. The issue here is that Kenya got more agressive in the last few years, they are now openly calling to annex Jubaland and are using Madoobe against the central govt. If your enemy is farmaajo fine, but remember that while we fight each other Uhuru is plotting to take our land, and by our land i mean land owned by somalis. You can hate farmaajo and still counter kenyan expansionism in your region. Unfortunately kenya is succesfully using the divide and rule tactic against somalis

Som

VIP
Even if Kenya were to recognise SL it wouldn't make much of a difference. Kosova is recognised by 98 out of 193 United Nations member states and is not an official country.
Well, Kosovo i has limited recognition but it's still a huge thing for them. If Kenya recognises SL other countries may follow and that will officialy end any chance of reunification which is already low

SL is a de facto independent country with no recognition, I'll give you that. The fact you were a nation for 5 days isn't relevant right now because SL is still recognised as part of Somalia by all countries in the world. I agree that your only path to recognition is that somalia recognizes Somaliland, if that happens the rest of the world will recognise you a because Somalia gave up it's claims on SL, this may happen in the future but at the moment somalia has no intention to do that. Why should we recognise you? citizens of somalia are often times abused in SL, if you wave a somali flag you get arrested, if you disagree with SL independence you go to jail or face threats, Somaliland has worked to destabilize Somalia in many ways including alleged support to terrorists.
SL has no interests in opening a dialogue with Somalia and for this reason you will stay unrecognised. South Sudan got independent because they had a dialogue with Sudan, same with Eritrea after the war Ethiopia decided to let them go their own way. SL needs to stop hating Somalia and maybe you will get recognition and we can all move on with our lives
Wasnt it your country that tried to stop the development of Berbera port and failed miserably? Wasnt it your country that couldn't send a technical team in 15 days after the Djibouti Conference? Stop with the lies yaa boon. Why do you care who we arrest, Our land, our laws
:pachah1::mjkkk:

Fair enough, it's a good point. I don't think farmaajo is a wadani saint, far from that. The issue here is that Kenya got more agressive in the last few years, they are now openly calling to annex Jubaland and are using Madoobe against the central govt. If your enemy is farmaajo fine, but remember that while we fight each other Uhuru is plotting to take our land, and by our land i mean land owned by somalis. You can hate farmaajo and still counter kenyan expansionism in your region. Unfortunately kenya is succesfully using the divide and rule tactic against somalis
u blame madoobe when he has nothing to do with this, and give plenty of excuses for farmaajo who is president, and who has failed to get ONE court date in 4 years. was that madoobe's fault as well?

Somalia belongs to Somalis, and if we can't share it because farmaajo and those who support him want to rule alone and grab everything, I rather it goes to anyone else but them. it's that simple.

Trending