I need advice badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I need to say that im a half Somali with a Filipino mother. My somali is minimal and my father passed away years ago. I dont know his side of the family because of several, complicated reasons.

I live now in a Somali community/neighborhood, and my mother is getting harassment from the neighborhood islaamaha (did i get that right?).

they call her "cillad" on the streets and when gossiping about her and I think its because of her mental health troubles. Life hasn't been kind with her.

what does this word mean and...what should i do?

Sucaad

Biracial with no Qabil
Focus on your mother mental health issues. People will always have something to say, at end of the day what matter is how you deal with the situation. My advice to you is to ignore them. If you and your mother could find a way to remove yourself from that toxic place then move her out of it. Your main priority is making sure your mother gets better.

Sucaad

Biracial with no Qabil
@Sucaad
Abaayo you do know I’m a female right?
After our exchange last night and my profile saying male
I didn’t want to catfish :)
I'm well aware huuno. I didn't even have to check your profile to find out if your female or male. That was never any issue. What seem to be the problem walaalo?

First off, I need to say that im a half Somali with a Filipino mother. My somali is minimal and my father passed away years ago. I dont know his side of the family because of several, complicated reasons.

I live now in a Somali community/neighborhood, and my mother is getting harassment from the neighborhood islaamaha (did i get that right?).

they call her "cillad" on the streets and when gossiping about her and I think its because of her mental health troubles. Life hasn't been kind with her.

We are the exact opposite, my mother died so I grew up with my father so i know the language and culture. You probably should learn the language and when you get active in the community I think the harassment might stop.

Focus on your mother mental health issues. People will always have something to say, at end of the day what matter is how you deal with the situation. My advice to you is to ignore them. If you and your mother could find a way to remove yourself from that toxic place then move her out of it. Your main priority is making sure your mother gets better.

I dunno what to do. I understand its best for her sisters to come or any female relative to help her out (pray with her, sleep with her, etc). Im a muslim and i dont want her on pills

also what does naanaab mean?

saqajaan?

baajun?

they also insult my mother's brother this way

The first one means sweet
The second one means nice
The third one must be a nickname

Somali people only insult when we like the people
However if it bothers you
You could always move :)

We are the exact opposite, my mother died so I grew up with my father so i know the language and culture. You probably should learn the language and when you get active in the community I think the harassment might stop.

its ironic because that's why we moved here. its not working at all tho

Ignore them haters.

I have Somali women too who hate my gut, and the best revenge is living your fullest life.

Sucaad

Biracial with no Qabil
I dunno what to do. I understand its best for her sisters to come or any female relative to help her out (pray with her, sleep with her, etc). Im a muslim and i dont want her on pills
She needs to be on her meds walaalo. You can still pray for her. Like I said F what those A'holes have to say.

The first one means sweet
The second one means nice
The third one must be a nickname

Somali people only insult when we like the people
However if it bothers you
You could always move :)

okay u have to be kidding me! Next thing youll say is dibjar isn't a bad thing because i know its bad but not sure about its meaning also lmao

She needs to be on her meds walaalo. You can still pray for her. Like I said F what those A'holes have to say.

shes been on every thing at some point. her family tell to stick with traditional healing by being with family and eating certain foods. It seems more like a depressive episode than bipolar to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending