I need advice badly

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should never feel like you need to be acknowledged from people on both sides. You’re who you’re, if they like you good. If they don’t there is the door. You should always have that mentality.

you wasnt talking like this few days ago :drakewtf:i guess we have been too welcoming :gucciwhat:
kabiirka joogi or else :farole:

One advice I can give you is to attempt to learn the Somali language and use it to your advantage against those Aunties. There are resources online that can get you started and watch some Somali videos on youtube.

I can't guarantee fluency but you will be at a good enough level to thwart off those who bother you.

Also sticking around in this website and reading whatever people write in Somali is a good start. :samwelcome:

i would love some tips on useful youtube tutorials to watch if u have some in mind. hopefully it starts with kindergarten name calling so i can start with a bang against the neighborhood women

Jeesto

VIP
@Ka dheer

Baajuun is ignorant/someone who isn't educated or have no knowledge whatsoever(It's a slang)
Dibjir means someone who sleeps on the streets basically homeless but can have different meaning depending on the context it's used in

@Ka dheer

Baajuun is ignorant/someone who isn't educated or have no knowledge whatsoever(It's a slang)
Dibjir means someone who sleeps on the streets basically homeless but can have different meaning depending on the context it's used in

what about cilaaj? last one from the insults?

though i have been wondering what fool in Somali is?..

i would love some tips on useful youtube tutorials to watch if u have some in mind. hopefully it starts with kindergarten name calling so i can start with a bang against the neighborhood women

Hmm, videos that teach you swear words wasn't really what I had in Mind LOL

But search up this youtube channel Dugsigga Aflax

It starts with the basics and works its way up to intermediate level, it is perfect for you.

Good Luck :nvjpqts:

First off, I need to say that im a half Somali with a Filipino mother. My somali is minimal and my father passed away years ago. I dont know his side of the family because of several, complicated reasons.

I live now in a Somali community/neighborhood, and my mother is getting harassment from the neighborhood islaamaha (did i get that right?).

they call her "cillad" on the streets and when gossiping about her and I think its because of her mental health troubles. Life hasn't been kind with her.

what does this word mean and...what should i do?

AUN to your father. May Allah forgive his sins if he was Muslim. I feel sad for all the half-Somalis because they go through so many identity issues. Both of their sides don't want to claim them which is sad. Half-Somalis live a life of confusion.

I have to give you the cold-hearted truth that these other jileec members are too afraid to tell you. Its my duty as a full-Somali to provide guidance to half-Somalis on what they are.

In Somali culture half-Somalis are seen as "qashin". Somalis don't like or respect half-Somalis even if they have a qabiil. I've seen this with my own eyes and the other members here like to deny that but they are wrong. Somalis view half-Somalis negatively.

That being said, listen walaal, ignore the old ladies that bother you and your mother. Old ladies like to chat shit about everyone even if your full-Somali. Ignore them.

Are you Muslim by the way?

I don't think you should focus so much on their insults. They mean nothing and those people don't deserve to be listened to. Just do your best for your mother. Show her love and support and make sure she can take care of herself. Go out and do stuff together. Go to an amusement park or go shopping, just have fun and hang out with her and make sure she eats good food.

AUN to your father. May Allah forgive his sins if he was Muslim. I feel sad for all the half-Somalis because they go through so many identity issues. Both of their sides don't want to claim them which is sad. Half-Somalis live a life of confusion.

I have to give you the cold-hearted truth that these other jileec members are too afraid to tell you. Its my duty as a full-Somali to provide guidance to half-Somalis on what they are.

In Somali culture half-Somalis are seen as "qashin". Somalis don't like or respect half-Somalis even if they have a qabiil. I've seen this with my own eyes and the other members here like to deny that but they are wrong. Somalis view half-Somalis negatively.

That being said, listen walaal, ignore the old ladies that bother you and your mother. Old ladies like to chat shit about everyone even if your full-Somali. Ignore them.

Are you Muslim by the way?

I have definitely heard that word being used often around me. Tricky women and people! Sometimes it sounds like they're talking about a random object, but they're insulting me

We're all Muslim including my mother (converted). Sometimes they call me a bastard bc they think i was born out of wedlock. oh well

its tough because i see a lot of pity in people's eyes when they see us, and sometimes a lot of regret from my mother. i tell myself you dont know what the future holds for you, so keep faith and stay strong. but these past years have been difficult on us, its quite disheartening.

with the old ladies and their children...i keep hovering between confrontation and being patient, especially considering how aggressive they seem. dont want a full out fight with the lot. they are a tough group. i have seen the fights they've had with the half-somali, half-turkish family down the street and the yemenis on the other block.

they're somalilanders too so for some reason they even down on our reer hamar neighbor for being more softer and gentler with people

I don't think you should focus so much on their insults. They mean nothing and those people don't deserve to be listened to. Just do your best for your mother. Show her love and support and make sure she can take care of herself. Go out and do stuff together. Go to an amusement park or go shopping, just have fun and hang out with her and make sure she eats good food.

thank you! this advice really warmed my heart

love the kai dp btw

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
What if this was a madoow
sheegato Asking us what certain
Somali Words meant

And these fools giving a dictionary

:siilaanyolaugh: I can tell call ppl
Madow anymore cos they fucking
Know the word
You always see the bad in people, that’s not good. Stop calling people jereer, that’s ugly and I can tell you’re an ugly person.

I honestly despise people like you.:birdman:
And stop acting like you’re not black, you’re black as they come.

I have definitely heard that word being used often around me. Tricky women and people! Sometimes it sounds like they're talking about a random object, but they're insulting me

We're all Muslim including my mother (converted). Sometimes they call me a bastard bc they think i was born out of wedlock. oh well

its tough because i see a lot of pity in people's eyes when they see us, and sometimes a lot of regret from my mother. i tell myself you dont know what the future holds for you, so keep faith and stay strong. but these past years have been difficult on us, its quite disheartening.

with the old ladies and their children...i keep hovering between confrontation and being patient, especially considering how aggressive they seem. dont want a full out fight with the lot. they are a tough group. i have seen the fights they've had with the half-somali, half-turkish family down the street and the yemenis on the other block.

they're somalilanders too so for some reason they even down on our reer hamar neighbor for being more softer and gentler with people

You guys should move then. Is there a filipino neighbourhood that will take you guys in and accept you and your mother?

You always see the bad in people, that’s not good. Stop calling people jereer, that’s ugly and I can tell you’re an ugly person.

I honestly despise people like you.:birdman:
And stop acting like you’re not black, you’re black as they come.

Actually Madow just means black
So I will continue to do so

Secondly why the bold front
always?

Thirdly black isn't a real term
To identify ones race

I am Somali and identify
As one always not some
Colour that has nothing
To do with me

:trumpsmirk:

Status