Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambuus

Inactive
This is lacking critical info then, such as how old you are and him and if you are an established lady with a degree.

I've never seen a Somali mother-in-law hate on her daughter in law before...
I’m turning 20, he’s 2 years older than me. I’m still studying to become a doctor and i’ll take my degree soon. He’s already working.

ThreeTwentyOne

It's too damn HOT!

Wait you're turning 20? Abaayo ma'caan.. I know this guy seems important and all but best advice anyone will give you is to finish school before getting married. Please do this. Getting a degree and some work experience in will be your safety net if you happen to get a divorce or become a single mother, God forbid. If he has a degree and hes working, do the same thing that he is doing and maybe his mother might sing a different tune.

Sambuus

Inactive
Wait you're turning 20? Abaayo ma'caan.. I know this guy seems important and all but best advice anyone will give you is to finish school before getting married. Please do this. Getting a degree and some work experience in will be your safety net if you happen to get a divorce or become a single mother, God forbid. If he has a degree and hes working, do the same thing that he is doing and maybe his mother might sing a different tune.
I know, i’m currently working while studying in university. I’m gonna finish my school even if we marry or not. But I have two years left, so I don’t know. I’m not gonna have a child til I finish school or probably after that, i’ll have to depend on birth control. I don’t have time for kids.

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
1. Probably trolling.
2. If this is true then :tacky: tough to be you.
3. Your barely 20 and getting married bruh:dead:

My advice is to accept your situation and try to be as nice as possible with your MIL. Kill her with kindness. There is no point in having a big argument with her. Most men side with their mother , but at the same time know your self worth and draw a line at some point. She’s probably worried about her son, so this behavior should go away. Try to bond with her, cook together and try to talk a lot. If she is still hostile, well avoid her and speak once a year at Eid like my mom!

Congrats. I think you will be fine as long as you don't have kids while you're studying.

Very persoanl I suppose, but how much did you receive for your meher?

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
@Sambuus Mashallah. Ignore the haters. I am very happy for you. Two educated Somalis getting married is a beautiful thing. And getting married young is exactly what the prophet told us. If you forsake marriage for school, you will become a crazy cat lady like our friend @sophisticate.

Maintain a good relationship with the mother but remember that there is only so much you can do from your end. Just don't give up on her for your husband's sake. Maybe her heart will soften when you give her grandchildren.

I pray that Allah grants you with a long marriage and religious/genius children. Amiin.

Btw, what's his qabiil? Please tell me within the next 30 minutes in case I need to edit this post into habaars.
:browtf:

Sambuus

Inactive
@Sambuus Mashallah. Ignore the haters. I am very happy for you. Two educated Somalis getting married is a beautiful thing. And getting married young is exactly what the prophet told us. If you forsake marriage for school, you will become a crazy cat lady like our friend @sophisticate.

Maintain a good relationship with the mother but remember that there is only so much you can do from your end. Just don't give up on her for your husband's sake. Maybe her heart will soften when you give her grandchildren.

I pray that Allah grants you with a long marriage and religious/genius children. Amiin.

Btw, what's his qabiil? Please tell me within the next 30 minutes in case I need to edit this post into habaars.
:browtf:
Ogaden

Congrats. I think you will be fine as long as you don't have kids while you're studying.

Very persoanl I suppose, but how much did you receive for your meher?
10K :dabcasar:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
:ooh:
Brace yourself for beatings every night and day. I would invest in some armor.
armatura_indossabile_0.jpg

:pachah1:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Doesn’t the women in your qabil drink loads of alcohol anyways? Take care of your qumayos before you speak. Nacala:camby:
:gucciwhat:
I'm one of only two people in this thread congratulating you on your marriage and you're jumping down my throat over a small clan joke.
:faysalwtf:
No wonder the mother in law has a problem with you. You're a straight bahal.
:russ:

Sambuus

Inactive
:gucciwhat:
I'm one of only two people in this thread congratulating you on your marriage and you're jumping down my throat over a small clan joke.
:faysalwtf:
No wonder the mother in law has a problem with you. You're a straight bahal.
:russ:
:damn::wowsweat: I was joking but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending