How do Somali people perceive Half-Somalis

I have half arab and half xabash cousins and only my ilma adeero consider themselves Somali and spend a lot of time with us. You’re wrong about this for sure. You’re right by the way I have never been to Somalia, I have nothing to do with that hellhole.
You're Ethiopian at this point.

I have half arab and half xabash cousins and only my ilma adeero consider themselves Somali and spend a lot of time with us. You’re wrong about this for sure. You’re right in that I have never been to Somalia, I have nothing to do with that hellhole.
You're right. Us Somalis from the Galbeed always hold up our Patriarchal traditions.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
that's bullshit. it's what nomads used to practice, city folks don't follow these rules anymore. there are somalis who were born thru 1 night stands with no father. they just pick their hooyo's lineage. also the half-breed somalis I used to know (half cadaan/half somali) now have families and they're as somali as they come.
Stop smoking whatever you're on. Somalis are highly tribalistic both at home and abroad. She won't fit in Somalia proper let alone the diaspora. Reer Xamar is the best she can hope for. OP admitted she doesn't have Somali features anyways so there's really no argument here anymore.

Stop smoking whatever you're on. Somalis are highly tribalistic both at home and abroad. She won't fit in Somalia proper let alone the diaspora. Reer Xamar is the best she can hope for. OP admitted she doesn't have Somali features anyways so there's really no argument here anymore.
She'll fit in if shes good looking. Don't lie.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Well I belong to a Somali Clan well two since my maternal grandparents are from different clans.
Not how it works. My mom is 3/4 somali and is 1/4 yemeni and belongs to a yemeni tribe. My Great Grandfather is from Aden. I'm not Yemeni although I have Arab blood in me and I'm cool with that.

The other 7/8's of me is Somali and my father and his grandparents are Habar Awal Isaaq, so I'm part of the Isaaq clan. Your father's side determines membership in a tribe.

No such thing as Ethiopia to begin with.

Comes with living with ajnabis walaal, so we preserve our traditions as to remain distinct. Look at the Garre, that’s what happens if you don’t.
If your family doesn't have roots firmly planted in Somalia, you will not return to it and will be assimilated by the Xabeshi.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
She'll fit in if shes good looking. Don't lie.
OP said she has arab features but is darker skinned. She'll be treated as a Reer Xamar and there's nothing wrong with that. If she's good looking it'll even nicer for her.

No such thing as Ethiopia to begin with.

Comes with living with ajnabis walaal, so we preserve our traditions as to remain distinct. Look at the Garre, that’s what happens if you don’t.
BTW sxb, are you for an independent Somali Galbeed/Ogaden state?

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
ciyaal qurbajood idigoo a afsomali na ku hadlikareen ayaad dooneysaa inaad dadka somalia kunool sidey u dhaqmaan iiga sheekeysid. isla xisho kalabyahow.

Somalis are civic nationalists. Anyone can be somali, as long as they hold somali values like: liberty, equality and fraternity.

image-asset.jpeg

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
What matter most is how u treat others and how much u love urself, to me that is a good indication who I consider a good person. Don’t worry abaayo, u are my people :)

I always wondered what Somali people think of Half-Somalis like me. I’m half Somali and Half Middle Eastern. I’ve only been to Somali once in my lifetime when I was 2 months old and I spent most of my life In the U.S and I sometimes visited my dad’s family in the Gulf. I already know they don’t like me too much. But I was wondering if the Somali people felt the same way or if they were different.
Somalis are very welcoming and loving people. they have no problem with them

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
If your family doesn't have roots firmly planted in Somalia, you will not return to it and will be assimilated by the Xabeshi.
Somalia is a colonial construction. Where Somalis live is Somalia in my book, and there are no xabshi where we live. Xabash themselves are in danger of getting assimilated by Oromo, I don’t think they will be absorbing Somalis any time soon.

BTW sxb, are you for an independent Somali Galbeed/Ogaden state?
Depends saxiib, do you mean the independence of the entire Somali region or just Haud/Ogaden? If it’s the entirety of the Somali region we would have a civil war the minute we left Ethiopia.

Trending

Latest posts