How do Somali people perceive Half-Somalis

I always wondered what Somali people think of Half-Somalis like me. I’m half Somali and Half Middle Eastern. I’ve only been to Somali once in my lifetime when I was 2 months old and I spent most of my life In the U.S and I sometimes visited my dad’s family in the Gulf. I already know they don’t like me too much. But I was wondering if the Somali people felt the same way or if they were different.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Well u call yourself "Queen" so, does our opinion really matter to u nayaa?

My Dad is Kuwaiti and my mom is a regular Somali woman.
Generally, Somalis go by the Father when determining who is an Ethnic Somali.

Only few exceptions for those with Foreign Fathers, for example if they're culturally isolated from their Father's people & don't identify with them, only speak Somali as their Mother tongue and are culturally Somali.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
We are a patriarchal society, but I have seen half Somalis from the mother side and have been raised by them, thus they speak Somali as a mother tongue and have Somali culture. And they hang around Somalis and ppl here [in the West] consider them as Somalis, and they have dark skin as well. So everything about them is screaming Somali except their paternal lineage. So yeah, it depends on you and the ppl you are around.

I always wondered what Somali people think of Half-Somalis like me. I’m half Somali and Half Middle Eastern. I’ve only been to Somali once in my lifetime when I was 2 months old and I spent most of my life In the U.S and I sometimes visited my dad’s family in the Gulf. I already know they don’t like me too much. But I was wondering if the Somali people felt the same way or if they were different.

I've got a few mixed cousins and most of them are cool i see them the same way i see all other family members, i dont differentiate, by the way Somalis are not a monolith some are backward ignorant and negative, some are down to earth and open minded and some are just indifferent it is what it is.

Ps don't let anyone bring you down.

Generally, Somalis go by the Father when determining who is an Ethnic Somali.

Only few exceptions for those with Foreign Fathers, for example if they're culturally isolated from their Father's people & don't identify with them, only speak Somali as their Mother tongue and are culturally Somali.

I can speak basic Somali and I can read in it too is that good enough? Even though my Arabic is better I have a basic grasp on the Somali Language.

In Islam, you are what your father is. This isn’t about opinion but it’s following our religion and it doesn’t have anything to do with Somalis.

Don't let these fools get into your head. They read too much history books and are living in the past. If you go to the mosque today and told someone you were somali. nobody would deny your somalinimo. just saying.

In Islam, you are what your father is. This isn’t about opinion but it’s following our religion and it doesn’t have anything to do with Somalis.

Religiously I know I’m Kuwaiti but I’m also Somali no matter what and Arab people are not the most welcoming to “Half Abeed” people like me. So I was curious if Somali people are the same.