How do Somali people perceive Half-Somalis

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
To be a Somali you have to belong to a clan, you could be 1/8th Somali and as long as that eighth is the paternal lineage then you're one of us.

You have 0 clan so you're not really Somali although you are half genetically speaking. We aren't denying that but you don't fit in our traditional structure. Arabs are the same way with their tribes too and you're very well aware of this.

It's not hostility to you, I'm happy to see someone interested in their ancestry here
that's bullshit. it's what nomads used to practice, city folks don't follow these rules anymore. there are somalis who were born thru 1 night stands with no father. they just pick their hooyo's lineage. also the half-breed somalis I used to know (half cadaan/half somali) now have families and they're as somali as they come.

To be a Somali you have to belong to a clan, you could be 1/8th Somali and as long as that eighth is the paternal lineage then you're one of us.

You have 0 clan so you're not really Somali although you are half genetically speaking. We aren't denying that but you don't fit in our traditional structure. Arabs are the same way with their tribes too and you're very well aware of this.

It's not hostility to you, I'm happy to see someone interested in their ancestry here

Well I belong to a Somali Clan well two since my maternal grandparents are from different clans.

You are half-Somali, nothing more, nothing less. Don't let people on here lie to you, how well do you know the language?

You'd be treated well in Somalia, but you would not be considered a full Somali, because you are not one.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
You are not Somali. There’s no such thing as a half Somali either your Dad is Somali or you’re not Somali.

western somalis try to act nationalist to compensate for what somalis lack in somalia but the truth is that somalis back home will bow down for you. being arab in somalia is an advantage.

Maybe in Somalia since you’re all war-torn children over there with an average age of 19, but in the Galbeed we know our tradition. Never seen anyone bow down to an Arab here, as a matter of fact, my housemaid in our house in dire dawa was Yemeni lol

Last edited:
You are half-Somali, nothing more, nothing less. How well do you know the language?

You'd be treated well in Somalia, but you would not be considered a full Somali, because you are not one.

Well I can speak basic Somali and hold a conversation with a Person. I can also read in it since it’s just like reading in Arabic.

I don’t understand people who shun one side of their ethnicity. You are half Somali half Kuwaiti wherever you go just say that.
Majority of people won’t discriminate if you hold your lineage proudly

You are not Somali. There’s no such thing as a half Somalieither your Dad is Somali or you’re not Somali.

Maybe in Somalia since you’re all war-torn children over there with an average age of 19, but in the Galbeed we know our tradition. Never seen anyone bow down to an Arab here, as a matter of fact, my housemaid in our house in dire dawa was Yemeni lol
False, you are Half Somali and are viewed as such, no matter who the parent is. People who say ;

Ajnabi father = Ajnabi
Ajnabi mother = Somali

Have never been to Somalia, Somali's don't believe in ethnic purity there (aside from with Bantus) it is a diaspora thing.

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
I don‘t think you‘d have a problem in somalia since they love arabs. You’d often hear „carabiyad bay u eegtahay“ which would translate to „you look pretty af“. These days you’d hear xita „Hindiyad bay u eegtahay“ So dw as long as you look arab you‘re fine.

This chick wants conflict, she only responds to people who say she isn't Somali.

You're probably a 100% xalimoid who wants attention.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
False, you are Half Somali and are viewed as such, no matter who the parent is. People who say ;

Ajnabi father = Ajnabi
Ajnabi mother = Somali

Have never been to Somalia, Somali's don't believe in ethnic purity there (aside from with Bantus) it is a diaspora thing.

I have half arab and half xabash cousins and only my ilma adeero consider themselves Somali and spend a lot of time with us. You’re wrong about this for sure. You’re right in that I have never been to Somalia, I have nothing to do with that hellhole.

Trending

Latest posts