How do Somali people perceive Half-Somalis

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Religiously I know I’m Kuwaiti but I’m also Somali no matter what and Arab people are not the most welcoming to “Half Abeed” people like me. So I was curious if Somali people are the same.
western somalis try to act nationalist to compensate for what somalis lack in somalia but the truth is that somalis back home will bow down for you. being arab in somalia is an advantage.

Well Kuwait does not accept dual citizenship and I’m already an American Citizen. And how do they feel about me? Well my dad and my Gradparents love me. my Grandpa likes me more, since my grandmother is kinda racist and she likes my sister who has lighter skin and looks more Arab then me more. But Kuwaiti people generally are a bit Iffy about it but since have have Arab facial features they usually just brush me aside.

So not soo bad at all. if you were to chose one side, who would it be?

If your Muslim, you gotta suck it up and stick to claiming Kuwait. We’re not exactly accepting rejects, it’s all deen and not personal. The people of Kuwait have to accept you wether they like it or not. Somalis are even more strict on this matter than most.
:mjdontkno:

I love my father and I love Kuwait as well but can’t I claim both?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
western somalis try to act nationalist to compensate for what somalis lack in somalia but the truth is that somalis back home will bow down for you. being arab in somalia is an advantage.

1586973824020.png

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
Lol true. These people are delusional af if they think she won’t be welcomed with open arms back home. Yemeni fobs are marrying local girls with no problem.

Really?? Cause all the Somali kids I know other then my cousins also make terrorist And 9/11 jokes around me.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
You're Arab, nothing wrong with that. You have Somali blood and you should learn about it if you're interested (which is why you're here I guess) but you aren't Somali.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Really?? Cause all the Somali kids I know other then my cousins also make terrorist And 9/11 jokes around me.
like I said they're western somalis trying to stay woke. many somalis back home even claim to be descendent of saudi/iraqis. that's how much love they have for arabs. and if you're very light skin, that's a big bonus.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
My 50% Somali DNA will beg to defer.
To be a Somali you have to belong to a clan, you could be 1/8th Somali and as long as that eighth is the paternal lineage then you're one of us.

You have 0 clan so you're not really Somali although you are half genetically speaking. We aren't denying that but you don't fit in our traditional structure. Arabs are the same way with their tribes too and you're very well aware of this.

It's not hostility to you, I'm happy to see someone interested in their ancestry here

I always wondered what Somali people think of Half-Somalis like me. I’m half Somali and Half Middle Eastern. I’ve only been to Somali once in my lifetime when I was 2 months old and I spent most of my life In the U.S and I sometimes visited my dad’s family in the Gulf. I already know they don’t like me too much. But I was wondering if the Somali people felt the same way or if they were different.

Im Proud of you, Half Banu Hashim and Half Banu Hashim:patrice:

like I said they're western somalis trying to stay woke. many somalis back home even claim to be descendent of saudi/iraqis. that's how much love they have for arabs. and if you're very light skin, that's a big bonus.

Well I’m semi light skin but I have the more obvious Arab features (the long nose). While my sister looks like a straight up Arab girl but with a small Somali nose

Trending