Honest discussion- What do you think of Somaliweyn?

Somaliweyn, yes or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Do you think its possible?
2. How should we go about it if it is?
3. Do you think the Somali people will ever unite?

1. Yes
2. In short, education, infrastructure, nationalism presented by one leader, security and taking use of our oil, replenishable power sources (sun & wind), minerals including uranium and such. We have the windiest place in Africa, lots of sun, oil and minerals. The revenue needs to be distributed evenly and accordingly if you want the best for all and for Somaliweyn

For infrastructure we need to do what the Israelis did. They've turned their desert into green urban and suburban dreams

Also expand our trading abilities. We're located between India, China and the rest of Africa. Asians make cheap stuff and poor Africans need cheap stuff, so why not take advantage of that.

Make a unified and stronger military, aswell as keep good diplomatic ties with trading partners and ofc the US.

Etc etc

3) Only if it's for the better. That's basically it. And at the same time throw on some Ethiopia + Kenya fear mongering and the people will unite.

If we want to make Somalia prosperous. We need to build a whole new army, an army with no qabiil bullshit, expel foreigners, reduce the influence of elders, and everything else needed to build Somalia will come in naturally. Also, we need to reform our governing system.

1. Yes
2. In short, education, infrastructure, nationalism presented by one leader, security and taking use of our oil, replenishable power sources (sun & wind), minerals including uranium and such. We have the windiest place in Africa, lots of sun, oil and minerals. The revenue needs to be distributed evenly and accordingly if you want the best for all and for Somaliweyn

For infrastructure we need to do what the Israelis did. They've turned their desert into green urban and suburban dreams

Also expand our trading abilities. We're located between India, China and the rest of Africa. Asians make cheap stuff and poor Africans need cheap stuff, so why not take advantage of that.

Make a unified and stronger military, aswell as keep good diplomatic ties with trading partners and ofc the US.

Etc etc

3) Only if it's for the better. That's basically it. And at the same time throw on some Ethiopia + Kenya fear mongering and the people will unite.
Not bad, I also believe in somaliweyn, but after reading a lot of posts on here, I am realizing the hatred between us is not only on a high, but seems to be stronger within our youth. If they were to realize that the only people we got are the Somalis, and no one else gives a shit about us, and that right now we are irrelevant then maybe we could start to unite. Turkey isn't there to help us, when will people realize this?? The people around me just flat out abandoned their origins, and are completely content to live in the west forever. In matter of fact, they think i'm weird for even trying to learn about my people, and to create a better life for our generations to come, a place where people will be proud to be a united Somali nation. I'm tired of our stupid politicians not getting anything done and digging our graves, I'm tired of us being the laughing stock of the world, I'm tired of hearing our people dying from hunger when there is a plentiful amount. I am tired of people killing each other, and I am also tired of people overshadowing our improvement. I see so much potential going to waste. I need to stop ranting, hehe.

Before Somaliweyn can even be mentioned there has to be serious reconciliation between clans. People who committed crimes must be held into account and clans must make peace with one another.

Even then I don't see Somaliweyn as a state happening but at least there would be better cooperation between Somalis.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
It is as inevitable as the sun rising from the east.

I believe in the Somali people, I believe we will overcome our petty differences, I believe in our ability to reshape not only our country but Africa and beyond.

I do not suffer from the insecurity that unfortunately plagues many of my compatriots; I believe the Somali race is the finest to ever walk this earth and will do everything in my power to convince them of this fact.

Before Somaliweyn can even be mentioned there has to be serious reconciliation between clans. People who committed crimes must be held into account and clans must make peace with one another.

Even then I don't see Somaliweyn as a state happening but at least there would be better cooperation between Somalis.

Warlords who committed crimes and where involved in the mass killings/civil war must all be dealt with according to Islamic judicial system, they don't deserve imprisonment. Forget making clans make peace, i'd put elders under military intelligence, any of whom mobilises any oppositional movements would have a visit home.

The problem with Somalia is that our people do not have a shared unity. Their loyalty begins and ends with their tribe. Until the Somali people actually start to think beyond their tribe, this trouble will continue.

1 language, 1 culture, 1 people, 1 religion.
For me those 4 things are the pillars of unity.

We're a very paradoxical people; we've the ingredients to establish a strong unity based on the abovementioned elements unlike many nations in Africa or even the world, and yet we're easily fragmented due to the divisive nature of qabyaalad. The enemies of the Somali people doesn't have to be rocket scientists to take an advantage of the already in place equipment of division within the Somali social dynamics. Half of their work is already done, and the next half depends on the wisdom and integrity of the Somali leaders; something that is unfortunately almost nonexistent in today's leadership.

What we need more than anything is visionary leaders.
We're politically and mentally stuck in the Middle Ages. Outdated, and not ready to advantageously deal with the globalised world of today.

Surely, what unites us is greater than what separates us.
With the right minds and the right leadership, Somalis would/will be a force to reckon with.

It's time to set the differences(?) aside and make the best of the vast lands to our disposal. Nothing is more wearing than seeing your people in perpetual conflicts, starvation, brain drain, hopeless circle of destitution.

1 language, 1 culture, 1 people, 1 religion.
For me those 4 things are the pillars of unity.

We're a very paradoxical people; we've the ingredients to establish a strong unity based on the abovementioned elements unlike many nations in Africa or even the world, and yet we're easily fragmented due to the divisive nature of qabyaalad. The enemies of the Somali people doesn't have to be rocket scientists to take an advantage of the already in place equipment of division within the Somali social dynamics. Half of their work is already done, and the next half depends on the wisdom and integrity of the Somali leaders; something that is unfortunately almost nonexistent in today's leadership.

What we need more than anything is visionary leaders.
We're politically and mentally stuck in the Middle Ages. Outdated, and not ready to advantageously deal with the globalised world of today.

Surely, what unites us is greater than what separates us.
With the right minds and the right leadership, Somalis would/will be a force to reckon with.

It's time to set the differences(?) aside and make the best of the vast lands to our disposal. Nothing is more wearing than seeing your people in perpetual conflicts, starvation, brain drain, hopeless circle of destitution.
Exactly, right now we are like a puzzle that hasn't been finished yet. Some of the pieces are missing, and it will be hard to figure it out, we'll make a lot of mistakes, but its solvable. The problem is we've been saying this for years and years. I looked through a lot of forums online, we just say the same stuff, but we never do a thing. I want us to do something now, I don't know what, but I want us to try and make it better. I joined this site for this reason, and I hope that there are others who are willing to do the same to make our country unite, and finish the puzzle showing our beautiful country. Every person on here has their strengths and their flaws, and alone we are nothing. However, if we set aside those differences, I believe wholeheartedly that we can make this a reality.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
People need to end this delusion with trying to conquer territory that they don't hold. Nobody will ever let you conquer Ethiopian land. Somalis had no concept of a united nation until the Brits drilled it into their minds.

This idea is one of the major reasons why the Somali Republic collapsed. Siad Barre, instead of building up his country, decided to conquer Ethiopian land and it backfired. Why don't Somalis prioritise and indulge themselves in things that actually benefit them instead of delusions that realistically won't occur.

Somaliland has declared independence, other regions have declared autonomy based on clam borders.

Focus on what you have before you try and take what does not and never has belonged to you.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
The periods of conquest have ended and now you must accept your lines and live with it.

Focus on minority rights, clan wars, religious fundamentalism (aka Wahhabism) and so on. Somalia's problems are endless.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Somaliwayn is a real possibility if Ethiopia crumbles, even if it's just a federation of the 5 territories instead of one country. We need to support the Oromo uprising to break their backs

People need to end this delusion with trying to conquer territory that they don't hold. Nobody will ever let you conquer Ethiopian land. Somalis had no concept of a united nation until the Brits drilled it into their minds.

This idea is one of the major reasons why the Somali Republic collapsed. Siad Barre, instead of building up his country, decided to conquer Ethiopian land and it backfired. Why don't Somalis prioritise and indulge themselves in things that actually benefit them instead of delusions that realistically won't occur.

Somaliland has declared independence, other regions have declared autonomy based on clam borders.

Focus on what you have before you try and take what does not and never has belonged to you.

There is nothing wrong with wishing to unite people with the same heritage and ancestory.
Conquest? It's already a Somali land.
The words you're looking for must be liberation and unification.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
There is nothing wrong with wishing to unite people with the same heritage and ancestory.
Conquest? It's already a Somali land.
The words you're looking for must be liberation and unification.

I never said it's wrong but I just think that you should prioritise the importance of it.

I'm sorry but you cannot demand to "liberate" land which you have never actually controlled. The British were the ones that entertained the idea of a Somali unified state but it has never actually existed. At least Kurdistan has existed once!

Also, how on Earth do you honestly think anyone is going to ALLOW you to take land that doesn't belong to you? People do not have the right to decide whom they can join? It will destabilise the horn even further.

Somaliwayn is a real possibility if Ethiopia crumbles, even if it's just a federation of the 5 territories instead of one country. We need to support the Oromo uprising to break their backs
The question is, can we count on the Oromo to see through what they've started?
It's a high-risk game.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

Ethiopia isn't going to collapse.

Mate, why don't you focus on the fact that Somalia itself is separated into several independent and autonomous regions. Without Somaliland you're screwed and it won't return considering that it's been the success of east Africa for over 20 years with near zero support.

Somalia will have to go to war with Somaliland first but I very much doubt it will beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts