Honest discussion- What do you think of Somaliweyn?

Somaliweyn, yes or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it's wrong but I just think that you should prioritise the importance of it.

I'm sorry but you cannot demand to "liberate" land which you have never actually controlled. The British were the ones that entertained the idea of a Somali unified state but it has never actually existed. At least Kurdistan has existed once!

Also, how on Earth do you honestly think anyone is going to ALLOW you to take land that doesn't belong to you? People do not have the right to decide whom they can join? It will destabilise the horn even further.
It is and has been for hundreds of years Somali land. K5/Ogadenia even asked to join Somalia but were denied.

The fact that there has not been a Somali National State before doesn't matter as nations didn't exist in the same capacity in Africa and ME compared to Europe. There were several Somali kingdoms, States, Empires and Sultanates before "nations" we're brought by Europeans to Africa.

Ethiopia isn't going to collapse.

Mate, why don't you focus on the fact that Somalia itself is separated into several independent and autonomous regions. Without Somaliland you're screwed and it won't return considering that it's been the success of east Africa for over 20 years with near zero support.

Somalia will have to go to war with Somaliland first but I very much doubt it will beat them.
@waraabe's atheistic alter ego is loose :pachah1:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
It is and has been for hundreds of years Somali land. K5/Ogadenia even asked to join Somalia but were denied.

The fact that there has not been a Somali National State before doesn't matter as nations didn't exist in the same capacity in Africa and ME compared to Europe. There were several Somali kingdoms, States, Empires and Sultanates before "nations" we're brought by Europeans to Africa.

Nations predate Europeans.

Ok, I'll concede for one moment. Tell me how you will start a war with a superior military force (who also has the backing of the world) and conquer them without having any outsiders intervening to stop you? Do you know how Somalia lost the Ogaden war? It's one of the primary reasons that lead to the civil war as it has weakened the military infrastructure and economy beyond repair.

People need to end this delusion with trying to conquer territory that they don't hold. Nobody will ever let you conquer Ethiopian land. Somalis had no concept of a united nation until the Brits drilled it into their minds.

This idea is one of the major reasons why the Somali Republic collapsed. Siad Barre, instead of building up his country, decided to conquer Ethiopian land and it backfired. Why don't Somalis prioritise and indulge themselves in things that actually benefit them instead of delusions that realistically won't occur.

Somaliland has declared independence, other regions have declared autonomy based on clam borders.

Focus on what you have before you try and take what does not and never has belonged to you.
So just because some Europeans came and drew a "pretty" picture on our motherland, and demanded we do not color over the lines, we follow it? What if I were to tell you that underneath their drawing, there was already a masterpiece that took ages to create, with history, love, wars, and culture. That land you speak of is ethnically Somali, and why should we abandon our own people? Before you say stuff like that actually research what is happening to the people of Ogaden, they are basically being killed just for being Somali. Of course we are not just going to outright attack Ethiopia, we are not that stupid, but to me, you seem to be cutting your fellow Somalis short. The goal as of right now is to bring peace, and unity amongst our Somali people. Why should we respect boarders that have no meaning to us?

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
The question is, can we count on the Oromo to see through what they've started?
It's a high-risk game.

The Oromos are dumb af so i doubt it. Theyre easily Ethios biggest tribe but they let those Habash langaabs from the highlands rule them.

Ethiopia isn't going to collapse.

Mate, why don't you focus on the fact that Somalia itself is separated into several independent and autonomous regions. Without Somaliland you're screwed and it won't return considering that it's been the success of east Africa for over 20 years with near zero support.

Somalia will have to go to war with Somaliland first but I very much doubt it will beat them.

I did say a federation instead of one country. Like we should have a Somali league of nations. Isaaq will represent Somaliland, Hawiye will represent Somalia, Darood will represent K5, Dir will represent Djibouti. And Garre will represent NFD.

Nations predate Europeans.

Ok, I'll concede for one moment. Tell me how you will start a war with a superior military force (who also has the backing of the world) and conquer them without having any outsiders intervening to stop you? Do you know how Somalia lost the Ogaden war? It's one of the primary reasons that lead to the civil war as it has weakened the military infrastructure and economy beyond repair.
Before Europeans there were no nations in Africa

And I never talked about invading Ethiopia, just pointed out you incorrect statement in that it's all just land "Somalia" never controlled, when that does not include the fact that it's land Somalis have controlled, because Somalia didn't exist until 1960, and then still these regions who wanted to join the union were denied by the occupants

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
So just because some Europeans came and drew a "pretty" picture on our motherland, and demanded we do not color over the lines, we follow it? What if I were to tell you that underneath their drawing, there was already a masterpiece that took ages to create, with history, love, wars, and culture. That land you speak of is ethnically Somali, and why should we abandon our own people? Before you say stuff like that actually research what is happening to the people of Ogaden, they are basically being killed just for being Somali. Of course we are not just going to outright attack Ethiopia, we are not that stupid, but to me, you seem to be cutting your fellow Somalis short. The goal as of right now is to bring peace, and unity amongst our Somali people. Why should we respect boarders that have no meaning to us?

I'm sorry but it was the Europeans who took the land and forged a few lines uniting Somali territory to paint a "pretty" picture to Somalis. This whole thing is their ideas. Somalis were constantly warring each other.

I'm simply saying focus on things that matter. Somaliweyne has played a huge role in the demise of the Somali republic.

What does my atheism have to do with this?!
:umwhat:

Stop derailing and tackle my points. Ad hominem is a very bad way to go at it.
It's an observation.

If you want me to tackle your points than I'll just say this : You're naive if you think Somaliland will win a war against Somalia.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Before Europeans there were no nations in Africa

And I never talked about invading Ethiopia, just pointed out you incorrect statement in that it's all just land "Somalia" never controlled, when that does not include the fact that it's land Somalis have controlled, because Somalia didn't exist until 1960, and then still these regions who wanted to join the union were denied by the occupants

If you can't conquer the land then how do you expect to get it?

Nobody is going to give you the land.

Plus, the fact that a United Somalia has never exited will work against you on the international state. Ethiopia has controlled for over 60 years. Nobody is going to change that.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

SL government only controls 3 towns and the people of Awdal, Khaatumo, and Warsanageli rejected joining SL. plus their choice of president is between old man who is drug addicted & father of terrorist. Also Do not forget that whole world or IC had rejected their separation. In 2012 SL agreed to join Somalia as federal state (wikileaks)and I will post the link

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
The Oromos are dumb af so i doubt it. Theyre easily Ethios biggest tribe but they let those Habash langaabs from the highlands rule them.

I did say a federation instead of one country. Like we should have a Somali league of nations. Isaaq will represent Somaliland, Hawiye will represent Somalia, Darood will represent K5, Dir will represent Djibouti. And Garre will represent NFD.

Djibouti doesn't wasn't Somalia and they voted against it. Somaliland rejected the union as well. It seems like the unity is rejected by Somalis themselves.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
f*ck Somaliweyn.Somaliland and Djoubiti will never join the Zoo down south and the Habesh will never let go of Somali Galbeed.So reer Konfurians can keep jacking off to the time Xamar was relevant

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
I'm dulbahante myself and Khatummo went to puntland and they rejected its bid for autonomy and Somalia didn't even take notice of them. So many dulbahante live comfortably in Somaliland and hold high positions. The Khatummo state is an wanted child that is forcing itself in everyone. Cayn, much of Sanaag and most of Sool is controlled by Somaliland.

If you can't conquer the land then how do you expect to get it?

Nobody is going to give you the land.

Plus, the fact that a United Somalia has never exited will work against you on the international state. Ethiopia has controlled for over 60 years. Nobody is going to change that.
Control over land can change by the hours. Ethiopia doesn't have an eternal dibs on K5

Lol I see your subliminal Darood expulsion from Somalia plan. :umad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending