Honest discussion- What do you think of Somaliweyn?

Somaliweyn, yes or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the population were more educated, ideology based political parties would be formed and people would gravitate towards them depending on their own ideological leanings. The good thing about it, is that ideology (usually, but not exclusively) bring people in from a wide range of backgrounds. Over time, it will loose it's power, providing people are given room to grow.
I wish qabils were more like glorified unions. Your people who advocate for you and for which you hold a membership. The laws of the land would be fair and equal enough for people to have faith in the state, so the coveting and political paranoia, which manifests itself as inward looking qabiilism, would die down.

I would say completely seperate tribal politics from politics altogether, but what you have said would be more realistic and I guess alot less bloody

VixR

Veritas
Who's your dealer cuz I wanna know the strain of crack cocaine some of yll r smoking.

There's no such thing as Somalweyn, never was and I'm willing to bet there never will be.

I expected yaysayers to demonstrate how ,not just engage in wishful pipe dreams.

If it ever happens, resounding shock will cause the ashes of my rotted corpse to self-animate back to living form to pay it's debt from a millennia ago made bet, only to realize the $ is obsolete and es r using space chips now.

Leave it :drakekidding:

Let me RIP.

It will be better than what we have right now, by a long shot. Right now we are so divided from the average people, to the political leaders. If we were to somehow combine into one government, then it would be way easier to start fixing our country. If were are divided, we would have to get the approval of all the regions before we can even do anything, and that would be a headache. Right now the people think unity is the dentition of Siad Barre, but that's not true and we have to prove it to them. If things start to go well, and fair for all the regions, then i'm pretty sure a lot of locals will support it.

Well if you can prove it to the people and it was with their consent, that's democractic and fair, I have no objection to that. That would be the 'genuine unity' I was referring to. The problem is that it is highly unlikely.

Who's your dealer cuz I wanna know the strain of crack cocaine some of yll r smoking.

There's no such thing as Somalweyn, never was and I'm willing to bet there never will be.

I expected yaysayers to demonstrate how ,not just engage in wishful pipe dreams.

If it ever happens, resounding shock will cause the ashes of my rotted corpse to self-animate back to living form to pay it's debt from a millennia ago made bet, only to realize the $ is obsolete and es r using space chips now.

Leave it :drakekidding:

Let me RIP.

Lol.

I think the fact that we couldn't unite even before the arrival of colonialists in africa should tell a reasonable person something about our nature as a people. It's a nice idea, it may happen in some distant time, but let's not waste our time kidding ourselves.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Lol.

I think the fact that we couldn't unite even before the arrival of colonialists in africa should tell a reasonable person something about our nature as a people. It's a nice idea, it may happen in some distant time, but let's not waste our time kidding ourselves.

It was the British who created the idea of a United Somali state, before them the idea never came across Somalis.

It's funny how they all believe they'll just conquer or take Kenyan and Ethiopian territory as well as engulf Djibouti without any serious challenge. These lot think camel piss is cure for everything!!! I very much doubt they'll conquer or take anything. Somalis are simply not cut off to last as a United people.
:siilaanyolaugh:

It was the British who created the idea of a United Somali state, before them the idea never came across Somalis.

It's funny how they all believe they'll just conquer or take Kenyan and Ethiopian territory as well as engulf Djibouti without any serious challenge. These lot think camel piss is cure for everything!!! I very much doubt they'll conquer or take anything. Somalis are simply not cut off to last as a United people.

Did you ever go to nomads? No I doubt that you passed Burco, Somalis nomads never drunk any animal piss!!!!

Lol.

It is unlikely right now, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. And if we don't try, then it will never happen.

It is unlikely right now, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. And if we don't try, then it will never happen.

I'm perfectly happy with people aspiring towards it, that's fine by me. I just don't want people being forced into things against their will. But, personally, for me, I wouldn't consider it a priority.

Ok, fair that is stupid trying to conquer them, we need to focus on fixing the country. However, I don't think you should generalize like that by saying we can't unite. There are many countries that faced similar problems, but they beat the impossible and created a unity. Somalia isn't a lost cause, yet at least.

I'm perfectly happy with people aspiring towards it, that's fine by me. I just don't want people being forced into things against their will. But, personally, for me, I wouldn't consider it a priority.
Force never works, it just creates hatred. There needs to be a way for people to want to unite, and to become better, and that I am working on.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Did you ever go to nomads? No I doubt that you passed Burco, Somalis nomads never drunk any animal piss!!!!

I know of nomads who drank camel piss. The prophet claimed that camel piss is a cure and so they followed his example.

I never passed Hargeisa.
:pachah1:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Again the legally blind man who wrote after death of prophet by 200 years al-Bukhara was debunked long time ago.

Wait, you reject Hadith?! Oh my days, how do you pray?? There is no 5 prayers in the Quran?!

:ayaanswag:

Any Muslim Hadith is highly delusional. If you reject Bukhari then you might as well reject Hadith because most Hadiths are from him.
:yacadiim:

Wait, you reject Hadith?! Oh my days, how do you pray?? There is no 5 prayers in the Quran?!

:ayaanswag:

Any Muslim Hadith is highly delusional. If you reject Bukhari then you might as well reject Hadith because most Hadiths are from him.
:yacadiim:

This is a good point, also IIRC, the camel urine drinking business is also found in at least one other hadith collection & in the sirat of ibn ishaq.

Status
Not open for further replies.