Honest discussion- What do you think of Somaliweyn?

Somaliweyn, yes or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, and they would over time be used more as a way to track your family, rather than to discriminate. Right now, a lot of politics has to with qabils making the situation even worse, there needs to be away to separate qabils and politics so its not like a leech hanging everywhere it can. If the leech has no were to hang onto, then it has no blood to drink and will die.

I think if the population were more educated, ideology based political parties would be formed and people would gravitate towards them depending on their own ideological leanings. The good thing about it, is that ideology (usually, but not exclusively) bring people in from a wide range of backgrounds. Over time, it will loose it's power, providing people are given room to grow.
I wish qabils were more like glorified unions. Your people who advocate for you and for which you hold a membership. The laws of the land would be fair and equal enough for people to have faith in the state, so the coveting and political paranoia, which manifests itself as inward looking qabiilism, would die down.

Last edited:
:draketf: So? That was another thread, not this one. You're so desperate. Also you're a qabiilist, I literally do not like you, just like most sane Somalis. Don't expect an apology. Either kerp on topic, or keep it moving.

Like me!!!! I like men not women I am straight :ftw9nwa:

I think if the population were more educated, ideology based political parties would be formed and people gravitate towards them depending on their own ideological leanings. The good thing about it, is thst ideology (usually, but not exclusively) bring people in from a wide range of backgrounds. Over time, it will loose it's power, providing people are given room to grow.
I wish qabils were more like glorified unions. Your people who advocate for you and for which you hold a membership. The laws of the land would be fair and equal enough for people to have faith in the state, so the coveting and political paranoia, which manifests itself as inward looking qabiilism, would die down.
Even if they were so, the people who were at the top would again make it a competition, and claim that theirs is the best. This whole qabil thing is so complicated, but it is one of the hurdles we must overcome. My hope is starting to dwindle a tiny bit, even those in the west who are not affected by qabils continue to play this sick game. Its more of a mindset than anything, and only one that can be fixed through education.

Even if they were so, the people who were at the top would again make it a competition, and claim that theirs is the best. This whole qabil thing is so complicated, but it is one of the hurdles we must overcome. My hope is starting to dwindle a tiny bit, even those in the west who are not affected by qabils continue to play this sick game. Its more of a mindset than anything, and only one that can be fixed through education.

What's really weird is when you see young people, like teenagers, engaging in it, it's bizarre. Like wtf
100% right about education.
It's one of those weird things. Everybody can see when someone is qabiilist towards them, but can't see it in themselves or people in their own qabil. It's as if no one is under any illusion about the incredible destructive power it has, but it's till extremely powerful.
Don't lose faith. You are not qabiilist so you are already doing your part.

What's really weird is when you see young people, like teenagers, engaging in it, it's bizarre. Like wtf
100% right about education.
It's one of those weird things. Everybody can see when someone is qabiilist towards them, but can't see it in themselves or people in their own qabil. It's as if no one is under any illusion about the incredible destructive power it has, but it's till extremely powerful.
Don't lose faith. You are not qabiilist so you are already doing your part.
Exactly, and that's why we are at where we are today. The most important thing we need right now is unity, and with that the rest follows. Its not that hard of a concept. One man is nothing, whereas a group is as strong as steel. Separating somali to me only seems like a step backwards, its avoiding everything and taking the easy way out. Somali is weak, but so is somaliland, we are all weak right now and everyone wants us to stay like this. No one in the world cares, they just want to destroy us so we can never prosper again. Then, we will just be another sad story, while behind the scenes they take our resources and dignity.

Exactly, and that's why we are at where we are today. The most important thing we need right now is unity, and with that the rest follows. Its not that hard of a concept. One man is nothing, whereas a group is as strong as steel. Separating somali to me only seems like a step backwards, its avoiding everything and taking the easy way out. Somali is weak, but so is somaliland, we are all weak right now and everyone wants us to stay like this. No one in the world cares, they just want to destroy us so we can never prosper again. Then, we will just be another sad story, while behind the scenes they take our resources and dignity.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, though I see your point. Without genuine unity, the union will not be strong it will be terribly weak and destructive. Without real consent from the people, it will inevitably disintegrate. It's a nice idea, but if a large chunk of people do not actually believe in unity, it really will mean nothing in the long term.
Also, most of the world are not conspiring to destroy Somalia. To a degree Somalia is competition for it's neighbouring countries. It really doesn't run much deeper than that. Somalis are remarkably adept at destroying ourselves, nobody else need lift a finger. Certainly, they can take advantage of Somalias bad situation, but that's pretty much it. They're a symptom not the cause.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to disagree with you hear, though I see your point. Without genuine unity, the union will not be strong it will be terribly weak and destructive. Without real consent from the people, it will inevitably disintegrate. It's a nice idea, but if a large chunk of people do not actually believe in unity, it really will mean nothing in the long term.
Also, most of the world are not conspiring to destroy Somalia. To a degree Somalia is competition for it's neighbouring countries. It really doesn't run much deeper than that. Somalis are remarkably adept at destroying ourselves, nobody else need lift a finger. Certainly, they can take advantage of Somalias bad situation, but that's pretty much it. They're a symptom not the cause.
I'm going to reply back tomorrow since I have to sleep because its pretty late, it's not over yet, haha. Anyways, I also see your point, and will discuss it tomorrow. Thanks for your opinions though, most of the time when people try to discuss topics like this, they resort to name calling, and playing dirty.

I'm going to reply back tomorrow since I have to sleep because its pretty late, it's not over yet, haha. Anyways, I also see your point, and will discuss it tomorrow. Thanks for your opinions though, most of the time when people try to discuss topics like this, they resort to name calling, and playing dirty.
See you tomorrow. I should be asleep too...

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I want to believe in it, but i believe that there are much more serious problems that need to be dealt with before such things can occur. Once the somali government sorts itself out, and real progress is being made, reconcilation should happen with the clans. Other regions claimed by other sovereign nations should be left alone, and the development of somalia should be the number one priority only. That is the only way you will be able to regain lost territory in the 21st century.

Apollo

VIP
Northeast Kenya and Djibouti are lost for good. Their sociopolitical structure are too deeply rooted into the Kenyan or Franco-Djiboutian system. They will never ever rejoin Somalia.

East Ethiopia still has the potential to become an independent country and enter into a close political alliance with Somalia similar to the Nordic Council in Europe or GCC in Arabia. Highly unlikely that they will fully join Somalia.

As for Somaliland, it will remain with Somalia to the end of times.

Apollo

VIP
First control your young generation from tahreeb, you dumb atheist.

European asylum authorities cause the problem, since they give South Somalis a high acceptance rate many Northern Somalis joined the bandwagon and pretend to be from the South to get asylum in rich Western countries.

Somaliland can't stop that problem as long as idiotic Western countries keep accepting a couple of thousand new Somalis every year.

European asylum authorities cause the problem, since they give South Somalis a high acceptance rate many Northern Somalis joined the bandwagon and pretend to be from the South to get asylum in rich Western countries.

Somaliland can't stop that problem as long as idiotic Western countries keep accepting a couple of thousand new Somalis every year.
There needs to be a way for somalis to want to stay, and for them to want to return also with something that can benefit somalia.

Apollo

VIP
There needs to be a way for somalis to want to stay, and for them to want to return also with something that can benefit somalia.

It's basic economics:

Per Capita:

Norway: $68,759
USA: $58,625
Netherlands: $49,586
Canada: $46,925

Ethiopia: $1,835
Somalia: $1,200

Every non-elite in the Horn would leave if they had the chance to. Only way to stop it is for Western countries to stop taking Somalis.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, though I see your point. Without genuine unity, the union will not be strong it will be terribly weak and destructive. Without real consent from the people, it will inevitably disintegrate. It's a nice idea, but if a large chunk of people do not actually believe in unity, it really will mean nothing in the long term.
It will be better than what we have right now, by a long shot. Right now we are so divided from the average people, to the political leaders. If we were to somehow combine into one government, then it would be way easier to start fixing our country. If were are divided, we would have to get the approval of all the regions before we can even do anything, and that would be a headache. Right now the people think unity is the dentition of Siad Barre, but that's not true and we have to prove it to them. If things start to go well, and fair for all the regions, then i'm pretty sure a lot of locals will support it.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
It's basic economics:

Per Capita:

Norway: $68,759
USA: $58,625
Netherlands: $49,586
Canada: $46,925

Ethiopia: $1,835
Somalia: $1,200

Every non-elite in the Horn would leave if they had the chance to. Only way to stop it is for Western countries to stop taking Somalis.
What made all these Ethiopians go to live in Israel where they faced extreme racism, discrimination and poverty?

Apollo

VIP
What made all these Ethiopians go to live in Israel where they faced extreme racism, discrimination and poverty?

Israel is the richest non-petrol country of the Middle East. Those Ethiopian Jews all have a roof over their head and are well-fed. Poverty is relative, compared to what they had to face in Ethiopia it is a hundred times better for them now.

The racism they face is exaggerated by the handful of cases that gets the media buzzed. In reality it doesn't happen much to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending