HISTORIC RULING: 14yr Girl wins case against forced marriage in Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
It’s great that civilised people rule Somaliland and not marauding tribal savages who are hell-bent in killing one another and justifying the rape of their children as religious. Somalilanders should civilise these savages.

This Sexual Offences Act was passed last year which took forever as allot of people have this old way of thinking. Girls are not just for marriage and babies they have the right to pursue education and career. But I fully agree with this Ruling she's just a little girl who at 14 fled from Buuhoodle to Hargeisa but was returned to Las Anod where the court took place.

Now we can say the state is fully active in Las Anod

This is the first and will now set a precedent for future girls who end up in this situation and now can get out of it with help of the state

SirLancelLord

VIP
First of all how can the father marry of his 11 year old daughter he should be jailed for child negligence

And the 38 year old should go down for child abuse

This is disgusting

This bright a smile to me
After the verdict, Hawo told Radio Ergo that she wanted to resume her education.

“I will go back to my town (Buhodle) to restart my school and rebuild my life!” she stated to Radio Ergo.

Whilst the Sexual Offences Act of Somaliland enacted in April 2018 provides for prison sentences of five to 10 years for those who facilitate or are involved in forced marriage, the court decided in the interests of the future harmony of the family not to impose jail terms on Hawo’s father or the man she was to marry.

Do you believe the court should've seeked prison for the family members to set in example To everyone else or did they let emotion get in the way

I swear this thread's brought out the worst in Somali communities. I'm speaking especially of @Suldaanka and @World. Thank you two for ruining the world one post at a time
Wallahi as someone with a thirteen year old sister, these people supporting pedophilia are disgusting. Little girls should be in school, not married off to men twice their age.

It’s a little suspect how they’re fighting so hard to support preying upon vulnerable young children. May Allah protect the young women in Somalia from predators with the same mindset.

SirLancelLord

VIP
@SirLancelLord

Viva Somaliland and may ictiraaf come to them soon. Amen

No ictiraaf just yet this is just one positives in a pile of shit.

Our system is Fragile and needs reform with recognition at this stage we will implode as it will give more power money to the wrong people but invariably insha'Allah after all the necessary reforms are done

Wallahi as someone with a thirteen year old sister, these people supporting pedophilia are disgusting. Little girls should be in school, not married off to men twice their age.

It’s a little suspect how they’re fighting so hard to support preying upon vulnerable young children. May Allah protect the young women in Somalia from predators with the same mindset.
I agree sis, full stop.
More Somali (and muslim in general) girls gotta spill the tea on this issue more

SirLancelLord

VIP
I agree sis, full stop.
More Somali (and muslim in general) girls gotta spill the tea on this issue more

You should've watched the weeks of debates to get this law passed in Somaliland the Guurti (elders) tried to use their influence to stop this law from passing. You should've heard the excuses they were coming up with

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
If she has went throughout puberty by the time she was marriage then yes, the marriage was halal. Except, if she was forced to be married (which was the case.) It's forbidden in Islam to force a female/male to be married if they had declined the offer.

It's not paedophilia stop talking non sense from your mind. A thirteen year old was considered since 100 years ago an adult in every culture. Was every folks then paedophil and hunan beings became 100-200 years ago normal ?. It changed due to culture. In Khazatan there is a village were till this day every female and male are at maximum when they marry 13-14. In our western culture they are raised as kids that's why we regard them as ones. But don't dehumanize other cultures because of your western influenced mind.

You should've watched the weeks of debates to get this law passed in Somaliland the Guurti (elders) tried to use their influence to stop this law from passing. You should've heard the excursus they were coming up
Is there an English-subtitled version of that? Show me the videos in a convo in case it's all in Somali, which I don't speak

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement

If the girl agreed to be married off to this man then it is halal and perfectly fine. Mind you, the Muslim world is completely different to the western world. The moment a girl gets her first period or a boy gets his first wet dream they are considered adults and ready for marriage. What was disgusting about this situation is how her father and her soon to be ex husband completely disregarded her concerns and feelings about the marriage.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
This bright a smile to me
After the verdict, Hawo told Radio Ergo that she wanted to resume her education.

“I will go back to my town (Buhodle) to restart my school and rebuild my life!” she stated to Radio Ergo.

Whilst the Sexual Offences Act of Somaliland enacted in April 2018 provides for prison sentences of five to 10 years for those who facilitate or are involved in forced marriage, the court decided in the interests of the future harmony of the family not to impose jail terms on Hawo’s father or the man she was to marry.

Do you believe the court should've seeked prison for the family members to set in example To everyone else or did they let emotion get in the way

Yes Prison or some sort of punishment Especially since this was against her will that’s why she ran away

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
As long as their is suitability and the daughter is a virgin then the father can marry her off. For this particular case I suspect the conditions weren’t met. But in general it is permissible to marry your daughter off without the daughters permission as long as all conditions for suitability are met. This is the opinion of the shafi’i madhab.

Reliance of the traveller
m3.13 Guardians are of two types, those who may compel their female charges to marry someone, and those who may not.

(1) The only guardians who may compel their charge to marry are a virgin bride's father or father's father, compel meaning to marry her to a suitable match (def: m4) without her consent.

(2) Those who may not compel her are not entitled to marry her to someone unless she accepts and gives her permission. Whenever the bride is a virgin, the father or father's father may marry her to someone without her permission, though it is recommended to ask her permission if she has reached puberty. A virgin's silence is considered as permission. As for the nonvirgin of sound mind, no one may marry her to another after she has reached puberty without her express permission, no matter whether
the guardian is the father, father's father, or someone else.

m3.15 No guardian may marry a woman to someone who is not a suitable match (def: m4) without her acceptance and the acceptance of all who can be guardians (def: m3.7). If the Islamic magistrate is her guardian, he may not under any circumstances marry her to someone who is not a suitable match for her.

SirLancelLord

VIP
Is there an English-subtitled version of that? Show me the videos in a convo in case it's all in Somali, which I don't speak

Do you want the parliament debates, or just a summary of what went down during the paining of this lawz the country was on fire between modernist and traditionalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts