HAYAAAAAY BREAKING NEWS: ETHIOPIA DEPLOYS ARMY INTO JIGJIGA, PUPPET ABDI ILEY THROWN IN JAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the oromo takeover and the new name given to addis ababa, ''finfinne'' ?

Keep clapping for abiy, after us its tigray and then amhara :mjkkk:

I am miss fact. So historically Addis Ababa was founded by the wife of Emperor Menelik, Tayitu, around the spring water called Finfine. Finfine is the name of the spring water since there was no city or town at that time. The city from its inception was called Addis Ababa (meaning new flower in Amharic). The name was given by the wife of the Emperor too. So both these names are somehow truly related to Addis Ababa. Finfine the spring water around which the city Addis Ababa was established. My suggestion and I think most Ethiopians agree would be to use both names officially. There are many examples in the world that have different names called by different people. So Oromos can call it Finfine and the rest of Ethiopians can continue to call it Addis Ababa. I see no problem with that. The problem arises if one wants to suppress the right of the other. But currently I see no danger in that department for both names are already de facto accepted and no one is offended by either name except few extremists from both sides.

I am miss fact. So historically Addis Ababa was founded by the wife of Emperor Menelik, Tayitu, around the spring water called Finfine. Finfine is the name of the spring water since there was no city or town at that time. The city from its inception was called Addis Ababa (meaning new flower in Amharic). The name was given by the wife of the Emperor too. So both these names are somehow truly related to Addis Ababa. Finfine the spring water around which the city Addis Ababa was established. My suggestion and I think most Ethiopians agree would be to use both names officially. There are many examples in the world that have different names called by different people. So Oromos can call it Finfine and the rest of Ethiopians can continue to call it Addis Ababa. I see no problem with that. The problem arises if one wants to suppress the right of the other. But currently I see no danger in that department for both names are already de facto accepted and no one is offended by either name except few extremists from both sides.
It's not about changing name, it's about who owns the land addis ababa is in.
It is indeed in Oromia and just recently OLF and OPDO have agreed, i heard there is also something going on in Amhara region, as well as in Tigray.

Its only a matter of time now before amhara and oromo goes ham on each other.

It's not about changing name, it's about who owns the land addis ababa is in.
It is indeed in Oromia and just recently OLF and OPDO have agreed, i heard there is also something going on in Amhara region, as well as in Tigray.

Its only a matter of time now before amhara and oromo goes ham on each other.

I think as long as every citizen is equally treated without any favouritism, then Ethiopians mostly don't care who officially owns it. I think in a democracy in which we are currently heading, I see not so much problem no matter who officially owns it as long as the citizens of the city elect their officials and the surrounding Oromia region gets financial compensation from the city for things like water, land, waste etc. services the city gets. My feeling is currently we are heading in this direction and not in a radical displacement or imposing of something on the people. At least the current OPDO leaders are very wise in handling the issue carefully. But I agree there is a huge potential to instigate a civil war if radicals come and starting displacing people etc. The war will be not only between Oromo vs Amhara but will involve every ethnic group in Ethiopia as Addis Ababa is seen as the city of all Ethiopians. But I am very confident the current OPDO leadership gets the delicate nature of the issue and will handle the issue accordingly.

Just today the city Administration announced to issue a new Id card which no more contains one's ethnicity. This is welcomed by all Addis Ababans because one thing Addis Ababans hate to death is ethnic and qabiil politics. No ethic based party can win even 10% the votes in Addis Ababa. In the 2005 election, no single ethnic based party got not even 1 seat in the city parliament. No oromo, no Amhara or Tigray party can gate any seat in Addis. Only Ethiopian nationalist parties get the overwhelming majority. In 2005 all seats went to the Ethiopian nationalist party CUD. Addis Ababa is the most Ethiopian nationalist spot in the whole Ethiopia. Ethic based parties have there almost zero chance.

Last edited:
I think as long as every citizen is equally treated without any favouritism, then Ethiopians mostly don't care who officially owns it. I think in a democracy in which we are currently heading, I see not so much problem no matter who officially owns it as long as the citizens of the city elect their officials and the surrounding Oromia region gets financial compensation from the city for things like water, land, waste etc. services the city gets. My feeling is currently we are heading in this direction and not in a radical displacement or imposing of something on the people. At least the current OPDO leaders are very wise in handling the issue carefully. But I agree there is a huge potential to instigate a civil war if radicals come and starting displacing people etc. The war will be not only between Oromo vs Amhara but will involve every ethnic group in Ethiopia as Addis Ababa is seen as the city of all Ethiopians. But I am very confident the current OPDO leadership gets the delicate nature of the issue and will handle the issue accordingly.

Just today the city Administration announced to issue a new Id card which no more contains one's ethnicity. This is welcomed by all Addis Ababans because one thing Addis Ababans hate to death is ethnic and qabiil politics. No ethic based party can win even 10% the votes in Addis Ababa. In the 2005 election, no single ethnic based party got not even 1 seat in the city parliament. No oromo, no Amhara or Tigray party can gate any seat in Addis. Only Ethiopian nationalist parties get the overwhelming majority. In 2005 all seats went to the Ethiopian nationalist party CUD. Addis Ababa is the most Ethiopian nationalist spot in the whole Ethiopia. Ethic based parties have there almost zero chance.

Hmm nope, we as ethio somalis have no interest in finfinne, we recognise their claim to the city:damedamn:

I dont think the rest of ethiopians ha e any problems with oromos claiming addis ababa, seems like only amhara is angered about it

I 100% sure oromos will pick that case up after the olf comes inside their cities:denzelnigga:

Ethiopia is on its way to civil war.

Isn't the mayor Somali? I find it hard to believe that a chartered city as important as Dire Dawa is in such a situation after the past couple of days with the Djibouti citizen's deaths.

@AfranQallo what's the situation over there?

Ethiopia is dying bro, may you live in interesting times, tigra is running away, canfaar, Ogaden is the last man standing, ahmaar is now scared of pissing off oromo and seem like junior partner but are awaiting their time to bring oromo back in line like always

ethiiopia is taking final breath and needs a final kcik, could be 10 years, could be 12 months, but it will end insha Allah, the oromo xoolo is like a bull in china shop and sooner or later people will get tired of it,

Ethiopia is dying bro, may you live in interesting times, tigra is running away, canfaar, Ogaden is the last man standing, ahmaar is now scared of pissing off oromo and seem like junior partner but are awaiting their time to bring oromo back in line like always

ethiiopia is taking final breath and needs a final kcik, could be 10 years, could be 12 months, but it will end insha Allah, the oromo xoolo is like a bull in china shop and sooner or later people will get tired of it,

Don't worry bro. Oromo will make Ethiopia Great Again!

710Q4tvqpLL._UX466_.jpg

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

Meanwhile ethnic based parties run the country and are the ones with the power to decide Addis Ababa's fate.

Don't worry bro. Oromo will make Ethiopia Great Again!

710Q4tvqpLL._UX466_.jpg

when was ethiopia ever great? somalia has higher per capita income, somalia has 6 telecom firms whilst ethiopia has 1

whole Ethiopia wth 100 million people has 300 doctors,

the white men made ethiopia and proetcts her, russians of today, soviets, Russian empire during 19th centuriy, British, americans, israelis, france etc, 86 ethnic groups cannot share a country and the animalistic orormo is like a china bull released from zoo

is their nature to rape and loot and kill, oromo are a danger to east africa , if there was not white men western support we will eat you in 4 months men to men

oromo will destroy Ethiopia, ironically something we all want

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
How is Ethiopia able to cut the telecommunication? by its nature, the internet is decentralised why can't we force our way through the system?

The Tunisian revolution should be studied they hacked the works union texting everyone, posting Facebook recording, started protests across the country. The Tunisian regime was in power for 30 years and was smashed in 28 days

Von

There is claims on both ends. I myself being a person who’s family have lived there for generation, and prior to the establishment of the current city will claim my family is dire and dire is me. But it was not only us living in this area. The Gurgura have always been here, the Noole and Isse as well. For one to deny the Noole ever lived here in this area is ridiculous.

It’s a shared city, and honestly best the way it is now as it’s won chartered city. There will be violence whether it added into Oromia or Somali region. Leave it the way it is now, and allow the citizens to choose.
So we rape, killed and looted our way to the historical Somali city, converted some of the Somalis to Oromoisation, we forced settled the land thus we have claims to the city. Is this what you are saying?

So we rape, killed and looted our way to the historical Somali city, converted some of the Somalis to Oromoisation, we forced settled the land thus we have claims to the city. Is this what you are saying?

Who the hell forced settled anyone? Bark all you like. If your not from there area, stay the f out of it. You have no idea how people coexisted in eastern Hararge, so don’t come here and tell me who is claiming a city that for one is not yours but ours, as in the clans of the region be it Somali or Oromo.

Von

Who the hell forced settled anyone? Bark all you like. If your not from there area, stay the f out of it. You have no idea how people coexisted in eastern Hararge, so don’t come here and tell me who is claiming a city that for one is not yours but ours, as in the clans of the region be it Somali or Oromo.
I got the Oromo angry, are you going to murder us and claim more land:lolbron:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
How is Ethiopia able to cut the telecommunication? by its nature, the internet is decentralised why can't we force our way through the system?

The Tunisian revolution should be studied they hacked the works union texting everyone, posting Facebook recording, started protests across the country. The Tunisian regime was in power for 30 years and was smashed in 28 days
There's an app for that.
FireChat is a proprietary mobile app, developed by Open Garden, which uses wireless mesh networking to enable smartphones to connect via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or Apple’s Multipeer Connectivity Framework without an internet connection by connecting peer-to-peer.
Though it was not designed with the purpose in mind, FireChat has been used as a communication tool in some civil protests.
FireChat first became popular in 2014 in Iraq following government restrictions on internet use, and thereafter during the Hong Kong protests. In 2015, FireChat was also promoted by protesters during the 2015 Ecuadorian protests. On September 11, 2015, during the pro-independence demonstration called Free Way to the Catalan Republic, FireChat was used 131,000 times.

In January 2016, students protested at the University of Hyderabad, India, following the suicide of a PhD student named Rohith Vemula. Some students were reported to have used Firechat after the university shut down its Wi-Fi.
I think it only works in cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.