Status
Not open for further replies.
@911 bootyclaps for Bantus who we have absolutely no relationship with(cultural, genetics, religion) but is against Sudanis even though we are genetically close to each other, share culture and religion.

I don’t think he’s Somali.
Where did I say I’m against Sudanis?
I just said they aren’t Horners

Apollo

VIP
Tbh, only really met a few Sudanis and they were a mixed bag in terms of appearance

The ones in the West tend to come from oppressed communities, often Nilotic. Arabized Sudanese populations have been genetically analyzed. They cluster with Horners and aren't extremely Nilotic in appearance, except the Messiria from the far South of North Sudan. Big Arab Sudanese tribes like the Shukriya clan definitely look HOA.

Sheiit, I even know Sudanese qabiils. :lol:

World

VIP
The Beja are a small minority in Sudan.
As you can see in this picture, the people calling for horner unity are Negroid peoples
View attachment 71696
There are well over a million Bejas, and they occupy the eastern part of Sudan including all of its coast.

"The Beni Amer also showed a strong admixture signal with a Eurasian population as well as a shared ancestry component with the Somali population (pink component in Fig 2),which suggest admixture with the East AfricanCushitic-speaking populations, perhaps as aresult of migration along the coast. We dated the admixture of the Beja populations with theCushitic-speaking Somalian population [39], and the admixture dates go far back in time,about 59 generations ago for the Hadendowa and about 68–75 generations for the BeniAmer (S3 and S4 Tables)."

Beni Amer Beja man:

FCDADB8D-FA77-4C9D-8DBB-86313A4D341C.jpeg

I prefer North Eastern Africa or Northern East Africa.

I hate it when people call the Horn: Northeast Africa, especially on Wikipedia. It's not that North. It is more the Northern part of East Africa.

You're right. It sounds like we’re begging North Africa :nahgirl:

Apollo

VIP
You're right. It sounds like we’re begging North Africa :nahgirl:

Some Somali trolls claimed the camel was domesticated in Somalia on wikipedia and it mislead this popular youtuber to parrot it in his video. Kinda funny how people simply parrot whatever is on wiki:

(Time stamped)

Some Somali trolls claimed the camel was domesticated in Somalia on wikipedia and it mislead this popular youtuber to parrot it in his video. Kinda funny how people simply parrot whatever is on wiki:

(Time stamped)
Where were they actually domesticated?

Apollo

VIP
Where were they actually domesticated?

The camel originally comes from North America (cousin of the Llama) and entered the old world via Siberia > Central Asia > Middle East > North Africa > East Africa.

It is highly unlikely that Cushites domesticated it. I think Semites did and then traded a few domesticated ones to Cushites and then became popular in the Horn due to its usefulness (arid-adapted livestock).

Tukraq

VIP
were pretty central if you ask me but should be just called east Africa, Somalia goes further south than what we call west Africa and raskamboni is inline horizontally with Rwanda, Congo, Gabon, and Tanzania
africa_map.png

Apollo

VIP
were pretty central if you ask me but should be just called east Africa, Somalia goes further south than what we call west Africa and raskamboni is inline horizontally with Rwanda, Congo, Gabon, and Tanzania
africa_map.png

You got to keep cultural spheres into account.

Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania = form a cultural bloc (Swahili being popular). They are frequently referred to as Southeast Africa because of that.

Another good geographic term for that region: African Great Lakes because of all those big lakes there.

Tukraq

VIP
You got to keep cultural spheres into account.

Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania = form a cultural bloc (Swahili being popular). They are frequently referred to as Southeast Africa because of that.

Another good geographic term for that region: African Great Lakes because of all those big lakes there.
thats more of a manufactured culture though through colonization, they don't really have anything to do with each other other than that

Tukraq

VIP
Lmao, bullshit, they are trying to form a new country, that's how much they like each other:

480px-East_African_Federation_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg.png

259px-Emblem_of_East_African_Community.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_African_Federation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_African_Community
yeah but just like in the horn I don't really see any similarities in that East African block other than British colonization, I feel them uniting is just forcing things that really aren't needed nor really makes any sense for any of those nations as they really don't gain much from it

Apollo

VIP
yeah but just like in the horn I don't really see any similarities in that East African block other than British colonization, I feel them uniting is just forcing things that really aren't needed nor really makes any sense for any of those nations as they really don't gain much from it

They all descend from Bantus who swept over that region in the past few centuries years. They have even MORE in common with each other than HOAs.

giphy.gif

Tukraq

VIP
They all descend from Bantus who swept over that region in the past few hundred years. They have even more in common with each other than HOAs.

giphy.gif
if its about being bantu than why stop at that block and not include the rest of central and South Africa to there nation

Apollo

VIP
if its about being bantu than why stop at that block and not include the rest of central and South Africa to there nation

It's based on the Swahili sphere of influence. South Sudan joined in as they have many Nilotes already (Uganda, Kenya in particular). It is a Nilo-Bantu-Swahili state.

Lastly, South Africans are greedy and don't like other Africans (even the black ones).

Tukraq

VIP
Swahili sphere of influence is limiting its reach and South Sudan joined in as they have many Nilotes already (Uganda, Kenya in particular). It is a Nilo-Bantu-Swahili state.

Lastly, South Africans are greedy and don't like other Africans (even the black ones).
let alone bantus now even all the nilotes are in the mix:drakelaugh:
in that cases they might as well push for pan africanism:russ:
and yeah South Africans are pretty smart, unity of large areas isn't always a good thing:lolbron:
they don't want these lesser African countries getting carried and eating off there success that the white man built them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending