Growing up queer soomaali, the hatred in the culture and the way forward

Is being queer/lgbt a choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
All this and more is discussed in the 4th episode of the Waaq-nation podcast

@AussieHustler despite your treason you are still a card-carrying member in the kafir world :nahgirl:

@VixR the retired fighter, we salute you:salute:

@Basra I know an intellectual the likes of you would approve :trumpsmirk:

@Reiko honest just here to annoy you :lolbron:

I see you're at it again

If being gay was biologically deterministic then it would be impossible to account for the variation seen in numerous sexual orientation studies. What these studies have shown is that people’s sexual attractions, behaviours, and identities can change over the course of their lifespan, thereby invalidating "born this way " argument. People do choose this lifestyle based on their own personal circumstances a fact that simply can't be ignored or dismissed.

Another point of notice regarding the content of the podcast is the misleading nature of what is being advocated for. Homosexuality as we know is a sexual attraction to the same gender but only one form/type is accepted and is legal in the western hemisphere ie extra-familial homosexuality.

When it occurs inside the family it suddenly becomes a "perversion" and the same people who advocated for it become disgusted with such an orientation. Why the apparent contradiction and why is it never an issue that is discussed by these movement or even in the podcast ???

why not tackle the apparent dehumanisation policies that criminalize intra-familial homosexuality in the host nations they live in ?? why give a damn when muslims criminalise all forms of it ? If anything they should be consistent in what they advocate for and stop this selective condemnation of muslims who don't agree nor judge by the same norms and values.

I wonder how accepting the guests and host of the podcast would've been if the aunt had relations with her mum ? would the host even dare to share such sensitive info with people outside her own family ?? we all know and accept that even the most hardcore of them would have shunned her completely.

I asked you a question once before and never got an answer from you, my question was. would you be ok with a lesbian partner who had intra-familial homosexual relations with her mum and sisters ?

‘The love between men and boys is at the foundation of homosexuality. For the gay community to imply that boy-love is not homosexual love is ridiculous.’’(‘‘No Place for Homo-Homophobia,’’ letter to the editor, San Francisco Sentinel, March 26, 1992.)

The Journal of Child Psychiatry noted that "there is a tendency among boy victims to recapitulate their own victimization, only this time with themselves in the role of perpetrator and someone else the victim."

In a 1970 national survey, more than 70% of respondents agreed with the assertions that "Homosexuals are dangerous as teachers or youth leaders because they try to get sexually involved with children" or that "Homosexuals try to play sexually with children if they cannot get an adult partner."https://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

Defending the sexual molestation of children in the nation's leading gay magazine, Carl Maves wrote, "How many gay men, I wonder, would have missed out on a valuable, liberating experience, one that initiated them into their sexuality, if it weren't for so-called molestation?" (See the full article titled, "Getting Over It" in The Advocate, May 5, 1992, page 85.)

"The [proportion] of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually." -The National Library of Medicine

"Sex Before 8 Or It's Too Late" -NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy "Love" Association)

Realizing the incredible public relations disaster pedophiles represent to their cause, homosexual leaders have consistently tried to keep NAMBLA ‘‘out of sight’’ of middle America and to play down their historical association with child abuse. David Thorstad made this very clear when he complained that pedophilia was being swept under the rug by the homosexual rights movement, which ‘‘... seeks to sanitize the image of homosexuality to facilitate its entrance into the social mainstream. ... The issue of man-boy love has intersected the gay movement since the late nineteenth century.’’ (Thorstad D. ‘‘Man-Boy Love and the American Gay Movement.’’ Journal of Homosexuality, 1990, 20: 251-252.)

‘‘Boy-lovers and the lesbians who have young lovers ... are not child molesters. The child abusers are priests, teachers, therapists, cops and parents who force their staid morality onto the young people in their custody.’’ (Califia P. ‘‘Man/Boy Love and the Lesbian/Gay Movement.’’ The Age of Taboo: Gay Male Sexuality, Power and Consent. Boston: Alyson Publications, 1981, p. 144.)

‘‘We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, of your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups, in your movie theater bathrooms, in your army bunkhouses, in your truck stops, in your all-male clubs, in your houses of Congress, wherever men are with men together. Your sons will become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us.’’(Swift M. Gay Community News, February 15, 1987.)

Thank you for your responds.

Firstly, it is not I, that is brainwashed as I chose a path different from the one you are indoctrinated in, while you are little more than a copy-paste of your parents social-conservative values and religious dogmas. At least I did my own thinking but sadly the same cannot be said for you.

Secondly, all the evidence we have suggest that homosexuality is caused by biological factors which includes a combination of genes and prenatal environment influences. Something similar goes for people who identifies as transgender.

"Scientific findings do not support the notion that sexual orientation can be taught or learned through social means. And there is little evidence to suggest that non-heterosexual orientations become more common with increased social tolerance."
Source;
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160425161342.htm

Thirdly, we want the Somali community to be supportive of queer children as this significantly reduces rates of suicide and self-harm, why would we encourage practices that lead to more dead children? Why do you?

Source;
https://whatweknow.inequality.corne...bout-the-acceptancerejection-of-lgbt-youth-2/

In other words you are wrong on the science and you promote a practice that hurts queer children and leads to higher teen suicide, stop doing that if you would be so kind.

My parents have very little to do with my life choices and social, religious, or any kind of beliefs I poses. Basic rationalizing is the guilty party for my beliefs on gays. Is the anus an unknown portal to hide ovaries in men? Have women evolved to produce sperm? No! There is no purpose behind gay sex. And don't tell me it isn't about the sex because my response is why not just make friends, and just friends, with the same sex like the rest of us.

I am a scientist so don't approach me with the various links you saved on your notes. Point me to an allele for a gene you claim is responsible for your devious life style. Which chromosome is it located on? If that allele did exist, then gays would have died out long ago. How would such genes stay in the gene pool over time since gays can't procreate?

As far as I'm concerned, this kids can continue to do as all a favor. Any individual with a sexual orientation is not a child, but an adult with gametes capable of reproducing. Another way this western lifestyle has corrupted your mind. How is a 16-18yr old a child. Uselessness!

It's not gibberish it's danish language..
Here in DK even though it's a very liberal society LGBT people face difficulties.
In that case, Iceland is the best bet if you're gay. Sadly they couldn't put that circumcision law into effect because the rest of the west cried about the miniscule number of Jews and Muslims in the country. They haven't banned conversion therapy I believe either.

AdoonkaAlle

My parents have very little to do with my life choices and social, religious, or any kind of beliefs I poses. Basic rationalizing is the guilty party for my beliefs on gays. Is the anus an unknown portal to hide ovaries in men? Have women evolved to produce sperm? No! There is no purpose behind gay sex. And don't tell me it isn't about the sex because my response is why not just make friends, and just friends, with the same sex like the rest of us.

I am a scientist so don't approach me with the various links you saved on your notes. Point me to an allele for a gene you claim is responsible for your devious life style. Which chromosome is it located on? If that allele did exist, then gays would have died out long ago. How would such genes stay in the gene pool over time since gays can't procreate?

As far as I'm concerned, this kids can continue to do as all a favor. Any individual with a sexual orientation is not a child, but an adult with gametes capable of reproducing. Another way this western lifestyle has corrupted your mind. How is a 16-18yr old a child. Uselessness!

Waa yaab even in their evolution theory such a trait shouldn't exist as it's a clear disadvantage. DNA aspect supposedly didn't matter then but it's important now when they're trying to prove that being gay is biologically deterministic.

Explaining human behaviour merely as a result of genes is based on a reductionist world view and has very significant real limitations that many aren't willing to accept.

So your rights depend should depend on your ability to not appear queer? Why is that?

Further many people can hide it either way and will be mistreated based on the perception that they are queer, hiding it won't do anything good for them because they can't. For transpeople that would mean never transitioning since that will require them being publicly visible and thus they'll never escape their gender-dysmorphia.

Your proposal only works for a subsection of queer people, what should the others do?
Hold on...why am I tryna find a solution for their issues. It's not my problem for what else they can do.

:ooh:
This article is a fkd nuke!!! I will be sure to use this in the next Somali-Arab twitter war. Thank you, sxb!
:salute:

giphy.gif

In that case, Iceland is the best bet if you're gay. Sadly they couldn't put that circumcision law into effect because the rest of the west cried about the miniscule number of Jews and Muslims in the country. They haven't banned conversion therapy I believe either.

Slow down a bit I'm not gay....
I love
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:diddyass:

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
I think you might have a domination fetisch, you are disgrace to the female race:susp:
Its not a domination fetisch, but a underlying natural feminine trait to be submissive to the masculine,nevertheless homosexuality is a mere sin in islam and can be forgiven as any other sin as long one repents, there is no such thing as "I was born gay" no we argue that homosexual tendecies can occur but the power is in sidelining it and not giving in to whims and desires.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Sexual attraction to the same gender has existed since the times of Prophet Lut (peace and blessings be upon him). Tthe "queer" and LGBT identity are recent social experiments created to tamper with and destroy the natural patriarchal order of society.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Being gay ain't a choice, cause who the fk would choose to be gay?

Its not a domination fetisch, but a underlying natural feminine trait to be submissive to the masculine,nevertheless homosexuality is a mere sin in islam and can be forgiven as any other sin as long one repents, there is no such thing as "I was born gay" no we argue that homosexual tendecies can occur but the power is in sidelining it and not giving in to whims and desires.
Saaxib, if you have these desires then you've been surrounding yourself with gays. The act becomes normal to you and you accept it. That's why we don't tolerate it.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

'My parents have very little to do with my life choices and social, religious, or any kind of beliefs"

I think this statement kinda gives me a window to your ignoramus mind, but I am not going to delve into it as u said in another post that u have a new found 'respect' for me. So....am shut my mouth to maintain that respect! Have a blessed day :)

AdoonkaAlle

As muslims we need to understand exactly what is being advocated for by people such as steamdevelopment, their main point is to rationalise the acceptance of homosexuality as a way of life.

It's not a discussion about whether or not some people have tendencies for the same gender, they argument is that such people should be allowed to act in accordance with their inclinations and that we should not have a problem with it. This is what lies at the heart of this entire issue. It's similar to those who argue for the acceptance of "sexual liberty" ie the right to engage in zina.

Due to shortcomings people do commit such sins but to advocate for the acceptance and the right to engage in these sins is an action of kufr. This is what we need to be careful of when it comes to topics such as this one.

The " born this way" argument supposedly is only valid when it's being used to justify extra-familial homosexuality even though there's no tangible difference in terms of orientation than when it occurs within the family. The aversion they have when it's intra-familial is due to it being a social taboo as such it's considered a no go zone so as to speak.

They condemn muslims for being against homosexuality in it's totality , inhumane towards gays etc yet the same can be said about them when it comes to intra-familial homosexuality and gays who engage in this type of homosexuality.

@Steamdevolopment
why are you not addressing this apparent contradiction ??? bal no sheeg