Growing up queer soomaali, the hatred in the culture and the way forward

Is being queer/lgbt a choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Steam

U know what i find offensive? Is the limit of your brain. Whenever i come up a invigorating, really mentally challenging question that boxes u to a corner, u skip whoop dip dip away in a tom boyish kinda way. Very offensive if not annoying.

It is mentally challenging only for a 6 year old, I find it offensive that you would think that low of me.

But then again, that is what I expect of a gender traitor. :bell:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Arma

it seems @AussieHustler pays close attention to your somali spot posts. I wonder if u inspire Aussie to feel sexual in any way

I for one am here to mention that I respect your opinion @Steamdevolopment

As you must know members of the LGBT+ community have an exceptionally high rate of depression and suicide.

Instead of constantly fighting because of our difference we should behave like adults and respect each other's right to freedom.

@Whimsical fanatic

This is a reaction in how society treats people from the LGBT community. The mental abuse is so immense that it will drive the toughest of human-kind into madness, but I applaud our Somali LGBT because they are far stronger mentally than the general population. Mental illness is rampant among the (straight) Somalis more than them. We lack tolerance towards one another as human beings.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It is mentally challenging only for a 6 year old, I find it offensive that you would think that low of me.

But then again, that is what I expect of a gender traitor. :bell:

But do u agree the act of Murder is within human?? Correct? As as the act of sex is within human? Or are u looking at Murder in a moralistic point of view?

Against nature cannot be the case when the thing occur naturally in nature, that's a flawed appeal to nature.

Even if I were to concede that is was against nature as you describe by conflating reproduction with nature, it still would be irrelevant for how society should treat consensual homosexual relationships.

Firstly because there is plenty of relationships that are non-producing such as elderly couples that find mates later in life and couples that are infertile, those relationships are equally "against nature" but never the less are not criminalized or stigmatized, therefore to be consistent you would have to either out law or argue against these relationships with the same vigor, something neither you nor your religion does.

Secondly, the axioms or your starting point "only reproducing couples are valid" is a statement of opinion or a value judgement that has no more inherent validity than the statement "only vanille ice cream is real ice cream". It is an arbitrary standard set by religious dogma and is inferior in reaching the goal of most possible human well-being.

Thirdly, supposedly furthering the human race is your main goal or prime objective when it comes to relationships but that view can met without stigmatizing or criminalizing homosexuality, birth-rates are after-all not affected by legalizing queer relationships and in a world with a population problem is ill-adviced to follow.

Fourth, trough the use of in-vitro technology or even just valiant effort queer couples can reproduce and this form of conception is only increasing with time, so rather than stigmatized perhaps you should support these advancement, if your goal really is reproduction.

1. I used nature since you don't believe in god
2. I did not claim only reproducing couples are valid but merely pointed out the fact that male and female eexist for a reason which is to reproduce be it human or animal.
3. Even if we legalize homosexuality its still unnatural behavior
4. Using technology to give a male vagina and a uterus is still unnatural.. What's the point anyways?

psyche

To each their own
@Whimsical fanatic

This is a reaction in how society treats people from the LGBT community. The mental abuse is so immense that it will drive the toughest of human-kind into madness, but I applaud our Somali LGBT because they are far stronger mentally than the general population. Mental illness is rampant among the (straight) Somalis more than them. We lack tolerance towards one another as human beings.

I've met a couple Muslims that share similar opinions but sadly they are in the minority.

If Muslims want to show that they are truly the religion of peace they need to show that through actions.

Muslims need to realise that not everyone shares their view of right and wrong. And rather than insult and belittle them for their beliefs they should keep to themselves.

@Basra

If @Steamdevolopment was a heterosexual, I would've flown to Copenhagen, dined and entertained her till she could say, 'you weakened my knees, no more boy'. It's all based on respect and her intelligence. I'm captivated by it. But hey, she promised me to introduce me to her wife's straight sister, so we can become relatives via marriage. Ii soo duceey, it become a reality.

I thought it goes without saying.

As mo

I 100% argee with you.

It it is a shame that Muslim grow up under the presence that people of the LGBT community are

I've met a couple Muslims that share similar opinions but sadly they are in the minority.

If Muslims want to show that they are truly the religion of peace they need to show that through actions.

Muslims need to realise that not everyone shares their view of right and wrong. And rather than insult and belittle them for their beliefs they should keep to themselves.

@Whimsical fanatic

Sxb, I was in mall last week in Melbourne sitting and having lunch with a friend. I could hear a couple sitting behind us with their daughter (4-5) years old and from their accent, I noticed they were Saudis. The wife had niqab and their daughter like all Saudi girls at her age showed her hair. My friend asked me to look behind and then I see two Somali girls with niqab talking to the couple and lecturing them to cover their daughter with hijab. The Saudi guy got offended and told them to mind their own business and them going on and on how they want 'to guide their fellow muslims into the siratul mustiqiim'. When they became a menace and the wife asked her husband to call the security guards, I intervened and told the Somali girls in Somali to leave them alone. They left and I apologised to the family and the first question they asked me, 'were these Somali girls Alshabaabs"? Like these chicks, we lack tolerance. We couldn't tolerate one another because of clannism and caused us immense problems, could we tolerate anyone else?

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra

If @Steamdevolopment was a heterosexual, I would've flown to Copenhagen, dined and entertained her till she could say, 'you weakened my knees, no more boy'. It's all based on respect and her intelligence. I'm captivated by it. But hey, she promised me to introduce me to her wife's straight sister, so we can becomes relatives via marriage. Ii soo duceey, it become a reality.

@AussieHustler dear u know me very well. U know me to be blunt and frank. How can i wish you luck on a heterosexual dalliance when i believe u do not posses a penis and two balls of testicles?

giphy.gif

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
Sin is value-judgement which presupposes that the religion is true, rejecting both propositions for lacking evidence all we left with are the observable evidence, which is that homosexuality is a state of being.

Homophilia only started being described as a “state of being” relatively recently, historically there’s been no such thing as identifying as a strict homophile. Which is why it was custom for ancient Greeks for example to engage in sodomy while at war, or pederasty at home, but go on to marry women and have several children, because that was the normative behavior in the culture not some nebulous 20th century concept of “homosexuality”.

It’s the culture in the West now which encourages and confuses people.

psyche

To each their own
@Whimsical fanatic

Sxb, I was in mall last week in Melbourne sitting and having lunch with a friend. I could hear a couple sitting behind us with their daughter (4-5) years old and from their accent, I noticed they were Saudis. The wife had niqab and their daughter like all Saudi girls at her age showed her hair. My friend asked me to look behind and then I see two Somali girls with niqab talking to the couple and lecturing them to cover their daughter with hijab. The Saudi guy got offended and told them to mind their own business and them going on and on how they want 'to guide their fellow muslims into the siratul mustiqiim'. When they became a menace and the wife asked her husband to call the security guards, I intervened and told the Somali girls in Somali to leave them alone. They left and I apologised to the family and the first question they asked me, 'were these Somali girls Alshabaabs"? Like these chicks, we lack tolerance. We couldn't tolerate one another because of clannism and caused us immense problems, could we tolerate anyone else?

Thank God my mother aren't like those parents. I don't know what goes through their head to sexualise their own child.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Homophilia only started being described as a “state of being” relatively recently, historically there’s been no such thing as identifying as a strict homophile. Which is why it was custom for ancient Greeks for example to engage in sodomy while at war, or pederasty at home, but go on to marry women and have several children, because that was the normative behavior in the culture not some nebulous 20th century concept of “homosexuality”.

It’s the culture in the West now which encourages and confuses people.

giphy.gif

Your way of thinking is borderline ....bi polar. I would say bi sexual, but i would offend u if i did, i see.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Whimsical fanatic

@AussieHustler U write better stories than me huuno

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Brother, you cannot call us liars and then hide in cyber-space when we demand that you provide evidence for said lies.

I'll admit, I may have been wrong about you, and I apologise for that. It's just that sometimes, you say some pretty controversial things, that, to be honest, grinds my gears.
My advice to you would be, to just tone down on the provocations you carry out.

Now, as for your mate, @AussieHustler . I am not wrong about him, whatsoever. I mean this guy, absolutely detests Somalis. I don't believe he's Somali, the hate is unreal. If he is indeed Somali, then I'll be damned.

Just off the top of my head, I can remember the time he claimed that Somali camel herders, have a culture of having sex with their she-camels. When other members of this forum, challenged him on that, he just continued to carry on with that filthy lie.

Not only that, the guy is always airing our dirty laundry for the whole world to see. Another time, he even made a thread accusing a Somali man of burning his wife to death, and saying thats how violent Somali men are towards our women. Of course that story turned out to be a lie, with that Somali man doing no such thing, and her death being an accidental tragedy.

The man is foul. He absolutely disgusts me.

I'll admit, I may have been wrong about you, and I apologise for that. It's just that sometimes, you say some pretty controversial things, that, to be honest, grinds my gears.

Now, as for your mate, @AussieHustler . I am not wrong about him, whatsoever. I mean this guy, absolutely detests Somalis. I don't believe he's Somali, the hate is unreal. If he is indeed Somali, then I'll be damned.

Just off the top of my head, I can remember the time he claimed that Somali camel herders, have a culture of having sex with their she-camels. When other members of this forum, challenged him on that, he just continued to carry on with that filthy lie.

Not only that, the guy is always airing our dirty laundry for the whole world to see. Another time, he even made a thread accusing a Somali man of burning his wife to death, and saying thats how violent Somali men are towards our women. Of course that story turned out to be a lie, with that Somali man doing no such thing, and her death being an accidental tragedy.

He has already admitted he is xabashi who grew up with somalis and learned the language.

Somalis seem obsessed with homosexuality, at least in the West. I rarely hear those back in Africa talking about this issue as frequently. I think for many, homosexuality has become a proxy issue for Westernization. Those who cling to "traditional," or what they consider traditional, cultural practices see vehemently opposing homosexuality and persecuting homosexuals as a way to virtue signal their fidelity to Somali culture and rejection of western integration. On the opposite side, those who view integration with the West as a far more appealing path than clinging to the cultural norms of a failed state tend to vehemently promote homosexual causes--viewing homosexuality as an identity to be acknowledged and publicly celebrated, rather than a private matter between sexually active individuals.

MI

Ted Kaczynski respecter
giphy.gif

Your way of thinking is borderline ....bi polar. I would say bi sexual, but i would offend u if i did, i see.

I’m not offended, because you could say everyone is “bisexual” meaning everyone has the capacity to choose where to put our private parts with accompanying arousal being mainly a factor of circumstance and socialization. Making an identity of where people put their private parts is a recent novel invention though. In any case, that in itself makes being a homophile a choice. What OP meant is some immutable characteristic that makes one “born that way” which we know from genetic studies on identical twins for example, is not the case.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’m not offended, because you could say everyone is “bisexual” meaning everyone has the capacity to choose where to put our private parts with accompanying arousal being mainly a factor of circumstance and socialization. Making an identity of where people put their private parts is a recent novel invention though. In any case, that in itself makes being a homophile a choice. What OP meant is some immutable characteristic that makes one “born that way” which we know from genetic studies on identical twins for example, is not the case.

Do u ride bike? :)

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Arma u remind me so much of Rkelly i dont know why

Trending

Latest posts