Growing up queer soomaali, the hatred in the culture and the way forward

Is being queer/lgbt a choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Can you imagine being black African, immigrant, woman and gay? :holeup:You sure did have it worse.

OMG not again.... Somali's are not Gay... Stop this propaganda:fittytousand:

Who do you work for..???? Whats your Aim here?? Create a Gay Community in Somalia??

My goal is the abolition of gender and sexual categories entirely but in the mean time we do need a queer struggle and this is the first attempt.

Communities already exist but hopefully we will have a main organisation soon as the movement unifies.

My goal is the abolition of gender and sexual categories entirely but in the mean time we do need a queer struggle and this is the first attempt.

Communities already exist but hopefully we will have a main organisation soon as the movement unifies.
Communities already exist ?? where ???

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
For me Homosexuality is not so mystifying as it used to be, I have studied, and exhausted this topic. I am pleased with the religious explanation, which is, homosexuality is a sin, and not an identity. Period.

As to Society influences of growing up as Somali gay person , well that is useless as that is just here say and nay say.

For me Homosexuality is not so mystifying as it used to be, I have studied, and exhausted this topic. I am pleased with the religious explanation, which is, homosexuality is a sin, and not an identity. Period.

As to Society influences of growing up as Somali gay person , well that is useless as that is just here say and nay say.

Sin is value-judgement which presupposes that the religion is true, rejecting both propositions for lacking evidence all we left with are the observable evidence, which is that homosexuality is a state of being.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Sin is value-judgement which presupposes that the religion is true, rejecting both propositions for lacking evidence all we left with are the observable evidence, which is that homosexuality is a state of being.

Walaahi i am highly curious as to know how u look like. Your mode of speech is amusing not to say the least. I hope u r not drunk when u r typing these waaq erudition, because that will kinda throw my progress of diagnosis off the window.

It's not gibberish it's danish language..
Here in DK even though it's a very liberal society LGBT people face difficulties.

Well as far I know it is mainly ethnic queer people, but many of the core rights was won in the last 2 decades, so some systematic issues remain but they'll clear as time goes by.

At least it isn't deteriorating like Russia or Saudi Arabia.