Garacad Port & Town Construction Project

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Aid money one day will finish, PL should try to create another income to the state. Allahmudalla allah is helping us in many ways. Now its time for PL to shine. in 2022 PL will have the most ports and airports working on all Somalia from Awdal to juba.

Sol

?
Kudos to PL mentioning that this is a port for the ALL the people in Somalia and not just PL paid for by the people and owned by the people

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Ma sha Allah. I am going to invest heavy when the port is constructed. I will focus on Ethiopia in regards to shipping and transportation. Big money inshaallah

Ma sha Allah. I am going to invest heavy when the port is constructed. I will focus on Ethiopia in regards to shipping and transportation. Big money inshaallah

Will the port be having containerships docking in? Or will it be old style wooden ships?

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
No the only reason we use those old style boats in bosaso is because big contIner ships can't come to bosaso because our port is not deep enough. If garacad port is deep enough why would they even entertain the notion of allowing those small ships to dock their. They should ban them. That's just my opinion

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
No the only reason we use those old style boats in bosaso is because big contIner ships can't come to bosaso because our port is not deep enough. If garacad port is deep enough why would they even entertain the notion of allowing those small ships to dock their. They should ban them. That's just my opinion
PL maybe will divide the two ports for small ships and big ships. bossaso for small and garacaad for big.

inshallah everything goes according to plan, an ideal location for a port we're lucky. he also said we should see decent progress by the end of this year inshallah.

The video explains everything.
Garacad port will be Somalia's largest and deepest port. It will be able to hold 2 big ships and 8 boats at a time. It will also receive containers.

Port depths across the country:
Bosaso: 6.7 m
Mogadishu: 9 m
Kismayo: 9 m
Berbera: 10-11 m
Garacad: 11.5 m​

This is made possible because of Garacad's ideal spot. The rocks needed to make the port are only 1 km away. It also has natural depth so underwater digging won't be necessary. Because of massive cost saving advantages like this, Garacad will be Somalia's least expensive port.

So far 3 phases have been completed. We are on phase 4 which is when they start constructing in the water.

@Abdalla @Reiko @Armadillo @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman @PuntiteQueen @Reer-Bari @Finesse @MSGA @kickz @Manzana @GBTarmy @Karim @Tjioux @Farm @Tukraq @Abdisamad3 @halwa @Ugaaso @Suldaanka @Cabdi
@Tucking_Fypo @Yonis @Thegoodshepherd @FBIsomalia
and most of the funds came from locals, massive respect for reer Garacad

I hope this project inspires other communities in Somalia to start major infrastructure projects.

We don't need external funding or aid, we just need to hire them to build our land and also include clauses where they have to hire and train locals if they want to win the contract.

For instance, in Oil rich Arab countries, companies have to hire a certain percentage of locals if they want to stay.

They also don't allow foreigners to own land, they can only lease it for a certain number of years.

Kudos to PL mentioning that this is a port for the ALL the people in Somalia and not just PL paid for by the people and owned by the people

Of course all Somalis will have the same access to the port.
Forget Somalis, other nations will use the port.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

What kinda investment opportunities are we talkin about here?:ohhh:

Trending