Federalism is a cancer that must be removed

Since this cursed system was implemented, Somalia has gotten WORSE not better in the last 20 years. I'll show you conclusive evidence that this system has been a cancer to Somalia.

In 2020, Al Shabaab still control these towns and regions;
1586705672805.png

Not only that, they still bomb people daily from Xamar to Garowe, and when businesses pay tax to Shabaab, this tax funds their next attack and then rinse and repeat. It's a sick cycle. And as each State has their own agenda, it's made Al Shabaab more

Furthermore, Southern Somalia is under foreign occupation by AMISOM, states such as Puntland and Somaliland are essentially colonial administration of Ethiopia that answer directly to Addis Ababa. This system devalues patriotism and citizenship, venerates clan identity, and multiplies the number of minorities and human rights violations in every district.

Clan federalism breeds nepotism and incompetence and utterly violates any form of a meritocracy in Somalia. An illiterate Maxamed Salebaan or Habar Awal would be chosen over a 400IQ nobel peace prize winning Bimaal who lived in Somaliland or Puntland as President. This is a fact.

Now, before the usual crowds states "B-b-but I thought Puntland good, south bad?!" I'm afraid this isn't the case, poverty in Puntland is in line with the rest of Somalia. These rates are WORSE than under Siyad Barre

Mogadishu (Urban) = 74%
North-east Urban (Nugaal,Bari,Mudug) = 59%
North-west Urban (Woqooyi G,Awdal,Sanaag,Sool,Togdheer) = 63%
North-east Rural (Bari,Mudug,Nugaal)= 63%
North-west Rural (Awdal,Sanaag,Sool,Togdheer,Woqooyi) = 77%
IDP Settlements = 76%
Central regions Urban (Hiraan, Middle Shabelle, Galgaduud) = 59%
Central regions Rural (Hiraan, Middle Shabelle, Galgaduud)= 65%
Jubbaland Urban (Gedo, lower and middle Juba)= 53%
South West Urban (Bay, Bakool and lower Shabelle) = 63%
South West Rural (Bay, Bakool and lower Shabelle) = 75%
Nomadic population = 72%

http://microdata.worldbank.org/index.php/catalog/3181

Now for Somaliland, and I mean that place is so messed up, I just don't know where to begin. The Somaliland central bank said they managed only a 1% GDP growth rate over a 5 year period. It'll take them 200 years to reach the GDP of Lesotho at this rate. The leadership of that state is so inept it hurts to watch. Not only that, their poverty rates are WORSE than the rest of Somalia.

Lastly, Somalia as a whole is worse off now than in 2006, both politically and socially.

HDI for all of you who are unaware is a metric developed and compiled by the United Nations to measure and various countries' levels of social and economic development. It is composed of four principal areas of interest:

- Mean years of Schooling

- Expected years of Schooling

- Life expectancy at Birth

- Gross income per capita

In all 4 areas, EVERY region of Somalia is more worse off than in 2006. I'm not kidding, The Somali Taliban did more to combat poverty than Federal Somalia.

1586711815356.png

We need a a Democratic centralized state for their to be genuine change in the nation. Tribal states will continue to be vassals to Ethiopia and Kenya, and will have our resources stolen by far more productive nations. I don't want to see Khaleeji Arabs continue to enrich themselves on our resources, or have a monopoly on our industries. Somalis will continue to kill each other over treeless villages while there is gold under their feet unless we have a centralized state to disarm these fools.

Attachments

• 1586707069734.png
    1586707069734.png
    110 KB · Views: 186
There will always be federalism and maamul daadejin on a district level. The only people against this are laangaabs who don’t dominate federal states.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
We didn't say Galnus and hirshaabeela make federal states. Those States can join with Bandiir and work as centralize unity. Others like PL, SL , JL, SWS. they working fine.

There will always be federalism and maamul daadejin on a district level. The only people against this are laangaabs who don’t dominate federal states.
My qabill is landheere, yet I despise federalism. Patriotism over tribal affiliations.

Celebrating the fact your tribe owns lots of treeless villages while your neighbours build skyscapers and start a space program is too shameful for me to take pride in.

My qabill is landheere, yet I despise federalism. Patriotism over tribal affiliations.

Celebrating the fact your tribe owns lots of treeless villages while your neighbours build skyscapers and start a space program is too shameful for me to take pride in.
The country with the most skyscrapers is America. They have federalism and maamul dadeejin on a district level.

Go ahead. Tell us what you are and we will decide whether you are langaab or not.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Federalism when used correctly can definitely be a blessing, we are headed towards the right direction:)

The fact I'm not Marexaan must come as a great surprise, I know. :pachah1:

A centralized state is the only chance Somalia has to meet the needs of it's people and stand strong again. Your former President Gaas was advocating for a strong central government numerous times after he left office, yet when he was in power, he was a staunch federalist, the hypocrisy of these politician knows no bounds. The leaders of our country know the best form of government, but don't want to lessen their own powers, we truly have been cursed with the worst politicians.
i really wanna know how federalism made SL poorer?
Somaliland is stuck, it's gonna take 200 years for them to catch up to Lesotho at their current trajectory. They will never get recognition from Somalia, so they will remain in a quagmire, the fact they left in the first place is the most bizarre outcome of the civil war.

Only when they unite with Somalia, or get recognition will they move forward.
Federalism when used correctly can definitely be a blessing, we are headed towards the right direction:)
Federalism is a fantastic system in 1st world countries, a country like Somalia can't implement it due to Qabil. Centralized rule brings results, this current Govenment is centralizing, so I'll support them.