Falling in love against all odds - Couple from East & West Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
It depends on where that assumption is coming from lol, I can imagine the typical Somali person being like "why do they have kibr?" but at the end of the day everyone thinks their own culture is lit/superior.

I think a part of it being a big deal is they both seem to be international students, having your son marry out there in western world probably means accepting the fact that you will loose him forever.

I dunno, even though I didn't exactly branch out myself, my family are open minded about that kinda thing. I would still say they think their culture is 'lit' but if you don't live in your home country why limit your options? That was their logic.

Somalis are obsessed with qabil so I can understand why they would prefer a loser from their qabil marrying their son/daughter than someone from another qabil. It's already been established that we have messed up priorities. :ftw9nwa:

I hope they work out.
A lot of Africans are like that. There are tensions between the major ethnic groups in most countries. A girl on the other side of the continent would be considered foreign, and its the default for families to prefer their children marry from their own. Somalis are actually exceptional bc we discriminate against each other despite being of the same ethnic group.

My brother was refused a Somali girl he liked bc of her background, they both ended up married to cadans.

So wait, they are they fine with the caadan women?????

An caadan girl can't cook, clean, and take care of her husband like a Somali women can.

I hope they work out.
A lot of Africans are like that. There are tensions between the major ethnic groups in most countries. A girl on the other side of the continent would be considered foreign, and its the default for families to prefer their children marry from their own. Somalis are actually exceptional bc we discriminate against each other despite being of the same ethnic group.

My brother was refused a Somali girl he liked bc of her background, they both ended up married to cadans.

Other Africans can get pretty petty as well, but it will be moreso her people hail from X village originally whereas yours are from Y.
Were probably also similar in seeing it as okay to marry cadaan but hating on other Africans, I know entire Kenyan families where all the sons/daughters married an cadaan and the family is okay with it, I guess its seen as a step up in life.

VixR

Veritas
Other Africans can get pretty petty as well, but it will be moreso her people hail from X village originally whereas yours are from Y.
Were probably also similar in seeing it as okay to marry cadaan but hating on other Africans, I know entire Kenyan families where all the sons/daughters married an cadaan and the family is okay with it, I guess its seen as a step up in life.
Well, I wouldn't say its considered a step up from their people, the truth is it's bc the cadan or Asian or whatever is neutral territory, whereas the X or Y group has historical beef with them, and is considered a step down or 'traitorous'.

I dunno, even though I didn't exactly branch out myself, my family are open minded about that kinda thing. I would still say they think their culture is 'lit' but if you don't live in your home country why limit your options? That was their logic.

Somalis are obsessed with qabil so I can understand why they would prefer a loser from their qabil marrying their son/daughter than someone from another qabil. It's already been established that we have messed up priorities. :ftw9nwa:

Another angle is that some of the other African diaspora groups are smaller in Canada. I remember my friend from a small country excitingly introducing me to a random Somali she found at an event expecting us both to act like long lost siblings and we were both just like okay there's thousands of us in this city, calm down.
The West African people I know are mostly Senegalese/Ghanaian and they all married within their cultural group which seemed very tight-knit in the west (some went back home).

Last edited by a moderator:
:camby:
That's stupid

Everything I said was factual. I don't know why your triggered?

1) They can't cook. They don't know how to implement seasoning and spices into their food which is why they look to other cultures to make help inspire them make better food. They eat foods like baloney iyo hot dogs and call that "lunch". Even caadan men prefer ajnabi women over their own women for that reason. Example:

"Brenda tried cooking some chinese today, would you get a load of that! I didn't want to tell her, her cooking is horrible. It sucks eating out everyday :("

*As he opens up his lunchbox, and proceeds to pull out a baloney sandwich*

"Hey, Abdi, what's that?"

"Basto iyo Suqaar, with liin dhaanan"

"My goodness, that looks good, I wish I could tell Brenda to make me that!"

*sighs, as he stuffs his face in the baloney sandwich*

2) They can't clean. A Somali women keeps her home neat and tidy, while an caadan women has dogs running around her house and needs to hire an exterminator/pest control every month to clean up the house from all the bug infestations that are in her home. Somali women will make sure the house is clean everyday, while Brenda can't even clean her dog. They also smell really bad. Some of them smell like wet socks.

3) They can't take care of a Somali man. Caadan women don't even take care of their parents when they reach an old age and throw them into retirement homes. What makes you think that they will take care of their own husband? They're lazy and have no motivation to be a good wife. They're all feminists who don't like having responsibilities. A Somali women will treat her husband the best and allow his family to live in her home AND take care of his extended family too! I can't say the same about caadan women.

Somali women are really the best, Somali men are extremely lucky to have Somali women in our lives.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't say its considered a step up from their people, the truth is it's bc the cadan or Asian or whatever is neutral territory, whereas the X or Y group has historical beef with them, and is considered a step down or 'traitorous'.

It would make more sense to have uqdad against whites that colonized your people for years than an African living across the continent.:vo3yidw:

What's the beef between Ivory Coasters (pretty sure I made up that name) and Kenyans? It just seems like stereotypes.

Last edited by a moderator:

VixR

Veritas
Everything I said was factual. I don't know why your triggered?

1) They can't cook. They don't know how to implement seasoning and spices into their food which is why they look to other cultures to make help inspire them make better food. They eat foods like baloney iyo hot dogs and call that "lunch". Even caadan men prefer ajnabi women over their own women for that reason. Example:

"Brenda tried cooking some chinese today, would you get a load of that! I didn't want to tell her, her cooking is horrible. It sucks eating out everyday :("

*As he opens up his lunchbox, and proceeds to pull out a baloney sandwich*

"Hey, Abdi, what's that?"

"Basto iyo Suqaar, with liin dhaanan"

"My goodness, that looks good, I wish I could tell Brenda to make me that!"

*sighs, as he stuffs his face in the baloney sandwich*

2) They can't clean. A Somali women keeps her home neat and tidy, while an caadan women has dogs running around her house and needs to hire an exterminator every month to clean up the house from all the bug infestations that are in her home. Somali women will make sure the house is clean everyday, while Brenda can't even clean her dog. They also smell really bad. Some of them smell like wet socks.

3) They can't take care of a Somali man. Caadan women don't even take care of their parents when they reach an old age and throw them into retirement homes. What makes you think that they will take care of their own husband? Their lazy and have no motivation to be a good wife. Their all feminists who don't like having responsibilities. A Somali women will treat her husband the best and allow his family to live in her home AND take care of his extended family too! I can't say the same about caadan women.

Somali women are really the best, Somali men are extremely lucky to have Somali women in our lives.
I'd avoid Somali men with your mindset.

VixR

Veritas
I used to love you VixR, abayo macaan like muufo :mjcry:

I don't know if I do anymore :mjcry:
I'm out quicker than the road runner, Yahya.

Your type are joy killers
tenor.gif
The type looking for a second hoyo...that doubles as a nightly f*ck. Mac-salaama :mjpls:

I'm out quicker than the road runner, Yahya.

Your type are joy killers
tenor.gif
The type looking for a second hoyo...that doubles as a nightly f*ck. Mac-salaama :mjpls:

:drakelaugh:

:comeon:

Abayo macaan like muufo, there are plenty of Somali women in the west that will cook, clean, and take care of you.
I just prefer those Somali Queens :manny:

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
There's this reality show on CBC called, "Hello, Goodbye" it takes place at the airport and different families/couples are interviewed about their stories.

In the clip below, the guy is from East Africa (I guessed Kenya/Rwanda but not sure ) and the young woman is from Ivory Coast. The guy's mother is against their relationship and wants him to be with an East African (I'm assuming from the same country).

He starts crying somewhere in the video if that gives you incentive to watch.

Ew. They are built to be good slaves.

VixR

Veritas
:drakelaugh:

:comeon:

Abayo macaan like muufo, there are plenty of Somali women in the west that will cook, clean, and take care of you.
I just prefer those Somali Queens :manny:
In other words your second hoyo, who interestingly enough starts looking as if she could be your hoyo right around her mid-thirties from getting the life sucked out of her by her firstborn, ie you.

Yeah, I've seen that destiny you call the "queen". I'll pass.

So she's supposed to work than come home cook and clean? Everyday?

:camby::damn:

No we can divide the chores and cooking if she works, that's easy.

In other words your second hoyo, who interestingly enough starts looking as if she could be your hoyo right around her mid-thirties from getting the life sucked out of her by her firstborn, ie you.

Yeah, I've seen that destiny you call the "queen". I'll pass.

So a girl who cooks, cleans, and takes care of you, like how a healthy husband and wife relationship should be, is basically a second hoyo or abo? :ayaanswag:

I'm disgusted by feminism :fittytousand:
Marriage is teamwork, stop being an caadan girl. The wife must cook and clean and the husband has to work. :fittytousand:

Traditional gender roles :fittytousand:

Stop with the feminist talking points abayo macaan like gelato. No one is getting the life sucked out of them. We are both working together to reach a common goal. Why is it an issue if a guy wants a girl who will take care of him? Isn't that the point of marriage? We both take care of each other. The husband takes care of the wife financially, emotionally, and fulfills her needs and the wife takes care of her husband vice versa.

It's a fair trade off. I will give her the sabaayad wrap and lacaag, and she can cook and clean for me. There's no problem with that.

#SayNoToFeminism

- Fred

VixR

Veritas
No we can divide the chores and cooking if she works, that's easy.

So a girl who cooks, cleans, and takes care of you, like how a healthy husband and wife relationship should be, is basically a second hoyo or abo? :ayaanswag:

I'm disgusted by feminism :fittytousand:
Marriage is teamwork, stop being an caadan girl. The wife must cook and clean and the husband has to work. :fittytousand:

Traditional gender roles :fittytousand:

Stop with the feminist talking points abayo macaan like gelato. No one is getting the life sucked out of them. We are both working together to reach a common goal. Why is it an issue if a guy wants a girl who will take care of him? Isn't that the point of marriage? We both take care of each other. The husband takes care of the wife financially, emotionally, and fulfills her needs and the wife takes care of her husband vice versa.

It's a fair trade off. I will give her the sabaayad wrap and lacaag, and she can cook and clean for me. There's no problem with that.

#SayNoToFeminism

- Fred
I've seen what working towards a common goal and teamwork and taking care of each other looks like and I've seen what the second hooyo syndrome looks like. They are world's apart :icon lol:

You do what you like, fam.

I'd rather be a satisfied commoner with her wits about her than a miserable pseudo-queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending