Exmuslims- Cutting contact with family- Advice needed

Bro I am not a full Gaal and still consider my self a Muslim since it is part of me but when you are drinking alcohol, smoking weed and having haraam sex every weekend, you are Gaal and not Muslim, might as well admit it and get acquainted with it, can't be doing all these haraam deeds and lie to yourself, hopefully one day I will return to Allah and become a Muslim again.
:manny:
You're Muslim, what you described is just major sins but it doesn't take you out the fold of Islam

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Honestly just keep it a secret if they're super strict. Wait it out and get financial independence in the meantime.

My parents and siblings suspect I'm not a Muslim but I just keep my beliefs to myself.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
You're Muslim, what you described is just major sins but it doesn't take you out the fold of Islam

Are you being serious I swear that not long ago you said you were muslim I am generally confused

:gucciwhat:

Don't get me wrong I consider my self a Muslim since I have spent almost all my life practicing it but my actions say otherwise, I refuse to claim to be Muslim when I am doing the opposite of everything Islam preaches, funny thing I know Islam more than an average Muslim, I was hafiz and spent half of my life studying Islam and Arabic since my parents were religious, inshalah I will repent one day and come back to Islam.
:samwelcome:

Don't get me wrong I consider my self a Muslim since I have spent almost all my life practicing it but my actions say otherwise, I refuse to claim to be Muslim when I am doing the opposite of everything Islam preaches, funny thing I know Islam more than an average Muslim, I was hafiz and spent half of my life studying Islam and Arabic since my parents were religious, inshalah I will repent one day and come back to Islam.

So Islam tells you to be clean no alcohol or drugs..and be good to you family and community..you cant follow that so you aint muslim
:mjlol:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid

What on earth ? You just said you were gaal and now you are saying you are muslim but don't use the title cause you view yourself as a "bad" one. Saxiib that's not how it works you are either one or the other , what's next I am half muslim and half christian?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
Wallahi I'm borderline gaal at this point part of me is saying fukk it go full gaalo mode the other part is saying be good muslim read quran :francis:
I was borderline once, having doubts. But alhamdulillah my heart got settled and I haven’t looked back. Inshallah that happens for you too :it0tdo8:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
@ 21, it is easy to believe that u have figured out life and u are missing out but u will one day understand ur parents worth and that family is everything. I guess it comes with experience and age. I say my god make ur journey easier :)

From what I've seen there are two types of exmuslims

Ones who've studied religion and left it because of a theological disagreement

The second are ones who leave Islam because it restricts their life. I believe humans need restrictions because we can't just delve into our desires we need discipline. These types of people also come back to religion and act very religious from what I've seen. One day farah is partying next year he's now praying at mosque everyday.

If you're going to leave Islam you should study it thoroughly and make you're own opinions about it. Don't just get you're facts from the media and how society views you. This universe is very mysterious. We still don't know why universe exists or how our brain works. So explore it more furtherly.

People always forget.
Today you feel strong, beautiful and young, you feel like you conquer the world but within the blink of an eye everything can change, you can lose your parents or even get sick or experience any others serious trauma that requires you to go through a spiritual rute on that day you'll regret your arrogance and disbelief in your creator.. Even if you don't experience such things you will get old and as time goes by your strength and beauty will fade away, imagine you are laying down as an old woman illness has taken over your body and you are staring at your own death in the eyes but you have no one, no god and you have left your religion and culture behind and you are dying all alone maybe not physically but spiritually you have no god and no hope.. After your death your body will get disposed off like garbage without any prayer.. Are you ready for this?

DISCLAIMER: Please be respectful. I understand exmuslims aren’t liked on here obviously, but be respectful as this thread is on a serious matter. I understand you think I’m stupid for my choices, but please don’t actively try to ruin this thread. We can always make another thread and dual it out but this is not the thread to be telling us how wrong we are on Islam, we get it-you think we’re wrong & dumb.This is a serious thread and I really do need advice.

Alright, so- somali ex Muslims, how do you deal with your family? Most of us don’t tell them we don’t believe anymore, but how do you live your life freely without telling them. Especially if you’re a girl, your parents are very religious, you’re forced to wear the hijab and everything. You can’t move out because you’re not allowed to move out without a husband. What do you do? Forever live a pretend Muslim life? Do you just move out one day and not tell them? What do you do?

What are your life plans regarding your families?

I’ve thought about everything from faking a marriage to be able to move out, to just moving out one day while they’re at work and cutting all contact- just leaving a letter telling them to not worry about me.

Will I waste my life trying to make my parents happy and be miserable? Or do I live my life and be happy and break my parents hearts? I don’t dont want to do.
Don't cut of any connections with your family, They are your family and it would break their hearts i believe no one has a choice to tell someone how to live and do stuff or how bad their religion is so people saying that ex muslims are bad they are just degenerates who skipped dugsi. Take your time and see how they act around you. Call them or just send them a text when ur over at a friend's house about it and see never cut off ur connection with your family they're what makes u and who you are now :damsel:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
You’re a very selfish person. You can move out, dress how you want and live a western lifestyle without abandoning your family and if they see you with a guy just say it’s your roommate or something. You really want to cut your family off just to have a guy living with you? Slowly they will get over the fact that you live a western lifestyle and won’t bother you and maybe then you can tell them that you are no longer Muslim or why even bother telling them that? Just tell them that you believe in Islam but you are not religious and want to make your own decisions because if you live a certain way you’re pleasing them and not God (obviously you don’t care about God so just an excuse). It’s better than cutting your family off permanently because you will live to regret it. Family are the only people always there for you when you need them trust me on that. Blood is thicker than water.

You’re a very selfish person. You can move out, dress how you want and live a western lifestyle without abandoning your family and if they see you with a guy just say it’s your roommate or something. You really want to cut your family off just to have a guy living with you? Slowly they will get over the fact that you live a western lifestyle and won’t bother you and maybe then you can tell them that you are no longer Muslim or why even bother telling them that? Just tell them that you believe in Islam but you are not religious and want to make your own decisions because if you live a certain way you’re pleasing them and not God (obviously you don’t care about God so just an excuse). It’s better than cutting your family off permanently because you will live to regret it. Family are the only people always there for you when you need them trust me on that. Blood is thicker than water.
Bro the western life style is just a mirage an illusion, most of them feel empty/hollow inside.. You can go out and party every weekend hook up with strangers to have sex etc but you will never achieve true peace, we humans have been created with a soul and this soul needs nutrients which you can gain through connection with Allah.. If I speak for myself I notice when ever I'm at top both economically and in health I'm not that much interested in spirituality and have such arrogance that I feel so powerful, but when ever faced with hardship I search for a higher being that can help me.. I realise that higher being is Allah and when ever I reach out he never let's me down alhamdulillah.. We humans are fragile arrogant beings.. Even atheist start praying to god if the airplane they are traveling on runs into severe turbulence or engine problems.. This shows you we need Allah.

Last edited:
Bro the western life style is just a mirage an illusion, most of them feel empty/hollow inside.. You can go out and party every weekend hook up with strangers to have sex etc but you will achieve true peace, we have humans have been created with a soul and this soul needs nutrients which you can gain through connection with Allah.. If I speak for myself I notice when ever I'm at top both economically and in health I'm not that much interested in spirituality and have such arrogance that I feel so powerful, but when ever faced with hardship I search for a higher being that can help me.. I realise that higher being is Allah and when ever I reach out he never let's me down alhamdulillah.. We humans are fragile arrogant beings.. Even atheist start praying to god if the airplane they are traveling on runs into severe turbulence or engine problems.. This shows you we need Allah.
Wallahi this is so facts but I couldn’t find the words to articulate like this :francis:
There’s a reason all these celebrities are still empty.

Trending