Exmuslims- Cutting contact with family- Advice needed

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
People always forget.
Today you feel strong, beautiful and young, you feel like you conquer the world but within the blink of an eye everything can change, you can lose your parents or even get sick or experience any others serious trauma that requires you to go through a spiritual rute on that day you'll regret your arrogance and disbelief in your creator.. Even if you don't experience such things you will get old and as time goes by your strength and beauty will fade away, imagine you are laying down as an old woman illness has taken over your body and you are staring at your own death in the eyes but you have no one, no god and you have left your religion and culture behind and you are dying all alone maybe not physically but spiritually you have no god and no hope.. After your death your body will get disposed off like garbage without any prayer.. Are you ready for this?
It's what they can't see. They are short sighted and don't understand that they will grow old if they live longer and become weak and ill. They will see that their arrogance as you said

In that moment of weakness, they will realise just how insignificant and weak they are among the creation of The King of Kings

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
The infidel life isn't fun, it's an illusion, I tried it for a short period. Alhamduliah God guided me back.
But I do agree parents shouldn't force you into something you don't want to believe in.
Islam promotes no compulsion in religion, practice what you want but remember to respect your parents and care for them.

Last edited:

psyche

To each their own

Why was a tagged in this thread :deadmanny:

I've never proclaimed to be a non-muslim ever on here.

But since everybody thinks I'm an apostate I might as well own up to some of it.

Islam just doesn't morally align with me at the moment and I'm sick of forcing myself to follow something my heart doesn't truly believe in. I'm not quite sure if I should really "leave" but at this point is seems probable.

My relationship with Islam is complicated and I'm younger than you and still live with my parents as a faithful Muslim so I can't really help you, sorry. :kanyeshrug:

Last edited:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP

But since everybody thinks I'm an apostate I might as well own up to it.

Islam just doesn't morally align with me and I'm sick of forcing myself to follow something my heart doesn't truly believe in. I'm not quite sure if I should really "leave" but at this point is seems probable.

My relationship with Islam is complicated and I'm younger than you and still live with my parents as a faithful Muslim so I can't really help you, sorry. :kanyeshrug:
What don't you believe in Islam? What you mean please elaborate :sass2::wtf:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Islam just doesn't morally align with me and I'm sick of forcing myself to follow something my heart doesn't truly believe in. I'm not quite sure if I should really "leave" but at this point is seems probable.

Islam is the truth. You only realise this when everyone and everything turn their back on you and you have only Allah swt to call upon

I once met this old Somali man in a funeral gathering, I haven't seen him for years.. He was an alcoholic as I remember him, but he was now sober and he told me he quit drinking and was trying to his best of abilities to try and reconnect with Allah and Somali community.. He used to have some Somali drinking buddies who over the years passed away one by one and all of them had one thing in common, no body prayed janazah on them, they died alone and were buried by the municipality.. Anyway this man told me he was marked for life by these episodes and that's why he quitted drinking and chose to reconnect with Allah, because he hope once he dies people will gather around his grave and pray on him.

What made you doubt about Islam? Is it all the negative focus or is it something to do with your lifestyle.. If you are in a very hard situation do you pray to god or?

psyche

To each their own
Islam is the truth. You only realise this when everyone and everything turn their back on you and you have only Allah swt to call upon

I don't get what these people don't like about Islam that makes them leave?

I once met this old Somali man in a funeral gathering, I haven't seen him for years.. He was an alcoholic as I remember him, but he was now sober and he told me he quit drinking and was trying to his best of abilities to try and reconnect with Allah and Somali community.. He used to have some Somali drinking buddies who over the years passed away one by one and all of them had one thing in common, no body prayed janazah on them, they died alone and were buried by the municipality.. Anyway this man told me he was marked for life by these episodes and that's why he quitted drinking and chose to reconnect with Allah, because he hope once he dies people will gather around his grave and pray on him.

What made you doubt about Islam? Is it all the negative focus or is it something to do with your lifestyle.. If you are in a very hard situation do you pray to god or?

I really can't convey how I truly feel about Islam over text but all I can say for now is that I'm trying my best to be a better Muslim

I pray 5 times, I'm on track to finishing the Quran during Ramadan and I haven't miss a single day of fasting.

Yet I still feel a heaviness in my heart and my mind wonders whether I'll truly be happy like this for the rest of my life.

I'm still young and naive so hopefully things change for the better in the future but for now this lifestyle is exhausting me.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
I don't get what these people don't like about Islam that makes them leave?
It's not ideology that makes them leave but instead they are followers. They follow what most people around them follow.

If today they saw leading atheists endorse wiping xaar on yourself is good, they will do it and defend

It's a display of Low IQ:manny:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP

Did they not have families to bury them?

I really can't convey how I truly feel about Islam over text but all I can say for now is that I'm trying my best to be a better Muslim

I pray 5 times, I'm on track to finishing the Quran during Ramadan and I haven't miss a single day of fasting.

Yet I still feel a heaviness in my heart and my mind wonders whether I'll truly be happy like this for the rest of my life.

I'm still young and naive so hopefully things change for the better in the future but for now this lifestyle is exhausting me.
I respect you for atleast trying it.. My advice don't force yourself, just go into it with open mind.. I myself have never been very religious through my entire life and I've also had some doubts it's pretty normal as a human but you will find out when faced with hardship and you pray to Allah or make dua you will feel an inner peace a glimmer of hope.. You'll also achieve acceptance that what ever happens its due to Allah.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid

Real nigga antics keep at it :denzelnigga:

Don't stress yourself like you said still young don't over think too much and continue how you are moving now

Reign

VIP
It's not ideology that makes them leave but instead they are followers. They follow what most people around them follow.

If today they saw leading atheists endorse wiping xaar on yourself is good, they will do it and defend

It's a display of Low IQ:manny:

That’s not really fair to say because as a Muslim you are a follower too. You are following what was passed to you. It’s for every logical man and woman to question everything and find the truth for themselves. The only problem is they question and try to use logic but don’t seem to comprehend certain points of Islam because of the so called “free” society we live in today. They think hell and heaven are a stupid concept yet think that the universe so perfectly aligned was created by chance lol.

Reign

VIP
I met an Oday Gaal who is an alcoholic last week. His family have cut ties with him

Most end up dying alone with no one around

imagine being gaal and an alcoholic. His family should have got him off the alcohol and tried to give him dawa.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
That’s not really fair to say because as a Muslim you are a follower too. You are following what was passed to you. It’s for every logical man and woman to question everything and find the truth for themselves. The only problem is they question and try to use logic but don’t seem to comprehend certain points of Islam because of the so called “free” society we live in today. They think hell and heaven are a stupid concept yet think that the universe so perfectly aligned was created by chance lol.
I can defend my beliefs from a position of learning, not just repeating what others have told me

I've challenged the gaals here to debate but no one was up for it. Giving up Islam for gaalnimo merely for carnal desires is Low IQ

No Somali Gaal can defend their beliefs nor explain it :cosbyhmm:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
sahib am fasting right now and am kinda hungry i just dont pray my five daily prayers but my family couldnt care less am just saying i find it weird parents would disown you over something like this
Saxiib it's good you are fasting but prayer is the foundation of Islam. It is more important than fasting itself.

I pray Allah swt to make it easier for you

Trending