Exmuslims- Cutting contact with family- Advice needed

I wasn’t making you feel guilty. I was just making you aware of your priorities. As for your fear of going in and coming out that’s a VERY low chance of it happening. And let’s say it happens in the 1 in a million chance they happen to visit unannounced and at that momnent you were just outside your crib. Wouldn’t that be the time to come out? If they don’t accept you for it then that’s when you can burn bridges. But jumping the gun and burning bridges because of fears sounds like you’re just afraid of the confrontation. Imagine how heartbroken your parents would be knowing that one day out of the blue their daughter dissapeared from their lives and they’ll never get to see her again?
I don’t wish to burn bridges. Although, slowely cutting contact in itself might be burning bridges. Although in a situation like this cutting contact might be the only option. I want us to be able to see each other, just for them not to know my life. Although with my choice of career that might be inevitable.

:banderas::deadrose::deadrose:inalilah your some cool as guy i ment am not that religious ie i dont pray my five daily prayers as i couldn't be bothered

my mom doesn't really care and my dad doesn't give a f*ck as long as am not an iyala suuq and working thier and they wouldn't cut contact with me no matter what the situation as long as we're family we will always be together
How old are you.
:farmajoyaab:

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Wallahi I'm borderline gaal at this point part of me is saying fukk it go full gaalo mode the other part is saying be good muslim read quran :francis:

Bro I am not a full Gaal and still consider my self a Muslim since it is part of me but when you are drinking alcohol, smoking weed and having haraam sex every weekend, you are Gaal and not Muslim, might as well admit it and get acquainted with it, can't be doing all these haraam deeds and lie to yourself, hopefully one day I will return to Allah and become a Muslim again.
:manny:

I don’t wish to burn bridges. Although, slowely cutting contact in itself might be burning bridges. Although in a situation like this cutting contact might be the only option. I want us to be able to see each other, just for them not to know my life. Although with my choice of career that might be inevitable.
Things don’t always turn out the way you think. You want to make life changing decisions at 21 to avoid future conflict you are anticipating. Imagine how your parents would feel from one day thinking everything is fine to this bombshell. Move out and experience the life you want. It may be or not be for you. But don’t tell them anything yet

Gambar

VIP
I’ve know I did not believe in Islam since I was 15, so this is by no means suddenly deciding something like this. It’s been 6 years of pretending for the sake of my parents and for my safety/comfort, but when is enough enough? I’ll never tell them. But, something will have to give. I can’t spend the rest of my life pretending to be a dutiful Muslim daughter. It’s a sad situation and all parties will be hurt to an extent, I’m just trying to minimize the pain as much as possible.
Then you better move out, far far away. I still think you’re very young and making such a drastic decision is a mistake but 21 year olds are notoriously hard headed.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Why ain't you moved out
i have moved out i just visit my family often whenever i get the chance but my family dont realy care if im religious or not thier more worried about stuff that can actually do harm to myself ie drugs crminal acitivities etc that's where the line is drawn not some beliefs you hold that won't affect you or your family

I didn't know you were one of us, Welcome sxb, it looks like we are growing in numbers, I heard there is almost 700k Somali Gaalos now around the globe, we need a representation at the Somali parliament and may be one day we will have a Gaal Somali as a president.
:rejoice:
:yloezpe: you need to chill bruh

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I’ve know I did not believe in Islam since I was 15, so this is by no means suddenly deciding something like this. It’s been 6 years of pretending for the sake of my parents and for my safety/comfort, but when is enough enough? I’ll never tell them. But, something will have to give. I can’t spend the rest of my life pretending to be a dutiful Muslim daughter. It’s a sad situation and all parties will be hurt to an extent, I’m just trying to minimize the pain as much as possible.

Abaayo most Somali parents don't really care about you being Gaal or not, my family don't mind and they always try to pray and read Koran on me,you should move out and be independent and break the news to them, I swear no one really cares and they will most likely accept you.

Most Somalis are Gaalos anyway they just don't admit it, did you know if you don't pray for four consecutive Fridays you are considered a Gaal according to Islam, most of Somalis only pray during the Ramadan and do all kind of haraam deeds on daily basis yet claim to be Muslims, delusional mf Walahi.
:tocry:

Last edited:
Look what happened to somalis who lived in western countries. When old uncles coming from the west told me their daughters were slowly becoming gaalo i thought they were exaggerating. Omg. It is very real. You've been brainwashed with this "freedom" idea. "If i want one night stands i should have them" kulaha :chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh:. You sound very young and looks like you have 0 life experience. This isnt even about religion even some white women feel dirty by having one night stands. Its about dignity.

What you should do is first get a job, get your own house and then come clean to your parents. Atleast let them know why you're leaving. They might dislike you for some time, but at the end of the day you're their only daughter and they will still love you no matter what you choose to become. Give your parents a chance to support you, dont cut contact with them. Dont become an orphan by choice. Its better having a ghaalo daughter than having 1 out 2 children lost forever. If you even slightly appreciate your parenrs you wont do them like this.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@Jacki my advice to you is relax your parents wont ever cut relations with you over your own personal opinions as long as you dont do actions that can harm them or yourself at the end of the day family is family no matter what

also personal advice is don't do stupid stuff with guys and keep your virginity for someone who actually deserves you don't sleep around with strangers like some sluut and have some dignity and self respect

My advise to you is to keep it a secret (for now). What I would do is mention how your having doubts about the faith and do so while be respectful. My family knows i'm not religious, because I don't pray and fast, so they don't expect much from me. Another thing is don't come out until your financially secure, just keep it to yourself and don't overthink about these things. Stay safe, bye. :it0tdo8:

I suggest you watch these both it might help

Trending