Do you think tuition fees should be abolished or not?

Do you think tuition fees should be abolished?

• Yes

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

iskufilann

inactive.
@iskufilann what if your parents don’t earn enough. Is there any system in the uk that will pay for underprivileged students other than loans?
So if you do come from a "low-income family", they have this system where you apply for a low income bursary or grant that will cover your tuition fees. It's the same for people who are eligible i.e have a disability or a medical condition.

iskufilann

inactive.
Yeah it's called bursary.
In college they will give you a amount of money every day depending on your financial situation to buy food and there is also free laptops you can be loaned
They also offer to cover for bus transport costs I heard.

@iskufilann
I would even go a step further to suggest fees collected from students in non-essential courses should subsidise functional programmes for students pursuing technical fields. Perhaps a bit radical, but worthy in allocating resources specifically to those in fields, which further advance, and greatly contribute to the national GDP amongst other critical areas. Nation building is not for the faint-hearted, methinks.

Let us hide that from @Idrus, our resident dictator.

iskufilann

inactive.
@iskufilann
I would even go a step further to suggest fees collected from students in non-essential courses should subsidise functional programmes for students pursuing technical fields. Perhaps a bit radical, but worthy in allocating resources specifically to those in fields, which further advance, and greatly contribute to the national GDP amongst other critical areas. Nation building is not for the faint-hearted, methinks.

I like your way of thinking. I absolutely agree with this idea. By doing this, we'll have more students in tech and the fees will be used effectively.

I like your way of thinking. I absolutely agree with this idea. By doing this, we'll have more students in tech and the fees will be used effectively.
In that regard, a nation only focuses upon utilising its resources, meagre or otherwise, upon fields that which advance its citizenry. Very little, if any mollycoddling of those on the periphery. I mean look at Britain of today; it is a complete, and utter sham.

iskufilann

inactive.
In that regard, a nation only focuses upon utilising its resources, meagre or otherwise, upon fields that which advance its citizenry. Very little, if any mollycoddling of those on the periphery. I mean look at Britain of today; it is a complete, and utter sham.
I agree. Britain could have used its resources effectively. It would have made sense if their country had the best education. But look at it now, they're lacking education and have wasted their money/resources. What have they benefitted.

Last edited:
I agree. Britain could have used its resources effectively. It would have made sense if their country had best education. But look at it now, they're lackind education and have wasted their money/resources.
Do you see Sir Kier making any difference? And perhaps bring back the days of Blair & Brown prosperity, and focus on education - not that Blair did that?

Last edited:

iskufilann

inactive.
Do you see Sir Kier making any difference? And perhaps bring back the days of Blair & Brown?
I personally don't believe Keir Starmer will bring back the days when Blair and Brown were in power. He is the same individual who pledged that he will abolish tuition fees. But guess, who backed down and refused to acknowledge his pledge. Blair and Brown had the correct mindset when they were ruling UK unlike these rulers who resign every 12 months.

I personally don't believe Keir Starmer will bring back the days when Blair and Brown were in power. He is the same individual who pledged that he will abolish tuition fees. But guess, who backed down and refused to acknowledge his pledge. Blair and Brown had the correct mindset when they were ruling UK unlike these rulers who resign every 12 months.
You mean, you did not like the rebelling, cheese-banning, pork-advertising, apple-harvesting, champagne slugging Ms Truss?

I could not fathom why Britain did not vote for Corbyn.

iskufilann

inactive.
You mean, you did not like the rebelling, cheese-banning, pork-advertising, apple-harvesting, champagne slugging Ms Truss?

I honestly don't know how Truss got more votes than Sunak. She resigned after few months because she did not know what she got herself into with the NHS and Cost Of Living Crisis going on. The UK was in an economy recession aswell. Corbyn would have become a PM but once again Keir got more votes. Corbyn got suspended from the Labour Paty because of his antisemetic views so I doubt even if he did try to get chosen, he would not.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
@iskufilann

Hide what?
Perfect idea :shaq:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian πŸ‡©πŸ‡― | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
VIP
I honestly don't know how Truss got more votes than Sunak. She resigned after few months because she did not know what she got herself into with the NHS and Cost Of Living Crisis going on. The UK was in an economy recession aswell. Corbyn would have become a PM but once again Keir got more votes. Corbyn got suspended from the Labour Paty because of his antisemetic views so I doubt even if he did try to get chosen, he would not.

We didn't vote truss or sunak.
They are both elected by the tory party since Boris Johnson was resigned.
We have to wait until the next General election for the common people to vote.

iskufilann

inactive.
Yes they were. Still don't understand why she got more votes. I believe she could not rule a country but just wanted to get the popularity.

Definitely should be free especially when a lot of courses resources can be found online for free or at a really cheap price. Universities over charge because its a business more so then a source of education

I think it was less of his being antisemitic, and more of his growing Muslim following, which irked some quarters in Golders Green. He was being too honest for a politician in this era. How dare he advocate for Palestine!

As for her garnishing more votes, they were afraid of the brown man.

Not in a general election, but hustings is a form of electing leaders, no?

iskufilann

inactive.
I think it was less of his being antisemitic, and more of his growing Muslim following, which irked some quarters in Golders Green. He was being too honest for a politician in this era. How dare he advocate for Palestine!

As for her garnishing more votes, they were afraid of the brown man.

Not in a general election, but hustings is a form of electing leaders, no?
Was it? I remember it was something got to do with his antisemetic idealogy.

iskufilann

inactive.
I think he just would not condemn some labour MPs, who were being a bit over the top with their flowery commentary, and did not act fast enough, or react harsh enough to please the lobbyist right-wingers.

Besides, one is deemed antisemitic is one speaks against the segregationist policies of !srael.
Yeah that is what probably happened. There's another MP I believe is in charge of Islington since he left. I'm not up to date with his situation

Trending